Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 10/16/12 at 7:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6348
Styleforum Top Picks
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Uniqlo- (pink but over exposed for denim exposure)
APC petite standard, sized down 1~2 than normal. Hemmed b/c I'm short and don't want stacks on stacks on stacks. - 3 days into break in period, I think my sperm count is low... lol
bass & co (cheap intro into suede shoes, not sure if i would like them or not)
Billingham bag, not as fat as it looks like in the image, i just left it unclipped so it hanged down and wide,
I need to find a new mirror, or a friend to take photos for me with more even lighting, so everything is properly exposed
Dave Navarro can get away with wearing a necklace like that. Guys that wear bass shoes and tuck their button down into their jeans cannot. Also, the belt is really bad. Is it black?
It's gaping open at the neck too much. He needs a wider fit at the neck, and a higher collar would probably look better too.
It's very difficult for guys with a bit of muscle to tuck OCBDs into jeans. The fit needs to be absolutely perfect and because the body is constantly changing this is very difficult to achieve. It's not really about being unflattering, it's more to do with looking uncomfortable.
I have basically given up on it. I do of course tuck into shirts into trousers, but they're very different from jeans. I've also had to accept that I have to have separate shirts for tucking and untucking, as tucking shirts alters their fit and changes where the waist (the narrowest point) should be in order to look flattering.
It's probably OCD, but that's my experience.
Well, it's probably OCD, but at least you have good company.
I have proportionally long legs and long arms, so any time I tuck in, there's a tendency for me to look like I've got my pants pulled up to the nipples. Fitted jeans exacerbate this. So I only tuck in when I'm wearing a pair of looser fit jeans that I can sag a bit.
I've gotten some ill-fitting shirts shortened and taken in, and have been pretty satisfied with the result. Not perfect, but they were mostly thrifted or vintage, so cheap in any case. I ask for a slightly curved hem, and for it to be shortened to about mid-rise. Before tailoring, I'd hardly wear these shirts, on account of the choice between a blousy tuck, a billowing sail, or some other shirt that fits.
Getting untucked shirts to fit at the bottom can be tricky as well. Too long or too tight, and they ride up. Unlike jackets, most shirts don't have any side seam allowances, so they can't be let out, but the sides can be taken up. Kinda works. And, to state the obvious, that 9mm thick veg tan SuFu-approved belt won't be helping matters.
I suppose the obvious solution is to get some shirts made by someone you can look in the eye.
I wanted to hate on your post and say something like blahh blah blah I like your dogs they're so cool it makes me wonder if they're embarrassed to be seen with you, but then I read your bio on your website and it's so sincere and submissive that all my e-snark melted away
Here’s my philosophy about fashion: Vanity is bad.
*habitually posts pictures of self modeling clothing on the internet*
I have hidden each garment in a plastic bag that i then buried in various spots throughout the mojave desert. For more details of my complete look, you'll need a compass and a shovel, motherfucker
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- › The Official Thrift / Discount Store Arguing (AKA Lets Take It... 19 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 19 seconds ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 33 seconds ago
- › The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread 33 seconds ago
- › whnay.'s good taste thread 46 seconds ago
- › Favorite Leather Conditioner?? 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw