Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 10/16/12 at 7:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Edited on 5/31/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Edited on 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6348
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Uniqlo- (pink but over exposed for denim exposure)
APC petite standard, sized down 1~2 than normal. Hemmed b/c I'm short and don't want stacks on stacks on stacks. - 3 days into break in period, I think my sperm count is low... lol
bass & co (cheap intro into suede shoes, not sure if i would like them or not)
Billingham bag, not as fat as it looks like in the image, i just left it unclipped so it hanged down and wide,
I need to find a new mirror, or a friend to take photos for me with more even lighting, so everything is properly exposed
Dave Navarro can get away with wearing a necklace like that. Guys that wear bass shoes and tuck their button down into their jeans cannot. Also, the belt is really bad. Is it black?
It's gaping open at the neck too much. He needs a wider fit at the neck, and a higher collar would probably look better too.
It's very difficult for guys with a bit of muscle to tuck OCBDs into jeans. The fit needs to be absolutely perfect and because the body is constantly changing this is very difficult to achieve. It's not really about being unflattering, it's more to do with looking uncomfortable.
I have basically given up on it. I do of course tuck into shirts into trousers, but they're very different from jeans. I've also had to accept that I have to have separate shirts for tucking and untucking, as tucking shirts alters their fit and changes where the waist (the narrowest point) should be in order to look flattering.
It's probably OCD, but that's my experience.
Well, it's probably OCD, but at least you have good company.
I have proportionally long legs and long arms, so any time I tuck in, there's a tendency for me to look like I've got my pants pulled up to the nipples. Fitted jeans exacerbate this. So I only tuck in when I'm wearing a pair of looser fit jeans that I can sag a bit.
I've gotten some ill-fitting shirts shortened and taken in, and have been pretty satisfied with the result. Not perfect, but they were mostly thrifted or vintage, so cheap in any case. I ask for a slightly curved hem, and for it to be shortened to about mid-rise. Before tailoring, I'd hardly wear these shirts, on account of the choice between a blousy tuck, a billowing sail, or some other shirt that fits.
Getting untucked shirts to fit at the bottom can be tricky as well. Too long or too tight, and they ride up. Unlike jackets, most shirts don't have any side seam allowances, so they can't be let out, but the sides can be taken up. Kinda works. And, to state the obvious, that 9mm thick veg tan SuFu-approved belt won't be helping matters.
I suppose the obvious solution is to get some shirts made by someone you can look in the eye.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- › $500 Navy Suit 10 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 27 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 7 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 5/24/13 - Embrace The Wrinkle Sprezz 14 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 26 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 28 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 29 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 34 minutes ago
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw