Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 10/16/12 at 7:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6341
Styleforum Top Picks
Some of you here wear blazers and office-cy things in your backyards and railroad tracks and stuff, I could never comprehend. Also leather jackets during the summer. Oh and the stylezeitgeist look, in my opinion doesn't work on "real" men, that's how the girls at the cosmetics department at Barneys all dress.
So in one post you content that different looks appeal to different people and then you argue here that people who dress one way aren't "real men."
That makes a lot of sense.
Shit, did not mean to thumb your post.
Anyway, he made a comment about one particular style that tends to have a lot of androgynous elements of dress in it, so I can see his point. I think that style can look good, but many times isn't flattering IRL.
IGGY POP: I think when Ray Manzarek got me out of jail was when I was hanging out in Hollywood. It was after I’d been kicked out of heaven, and I was living with prostitutes. One day I was hanging out, drinking wine, and this girl had this dress I really liked. I thought she looked cool in it. So she dressed me up in it.
I went walking down Santa Monica Boulevard in this green shift dress with a tight cummerbund on it, the bottle of Ripple wine in my hand, right? It was actually the Ripple wine I got pulled over for, not the dress. They took me to the caboose and they sort of teased me about it, but I can’t remember the details of my every incarceration.
RAY MANZAREK: Danny Sugerman called me and said, "Man, your lead singer is in jail. We gotta go down and bail Iggy out of jail."
I said, "Oh no, now what?"
He said, "Iggy’s in the Hollywood jail."
I said, "What’s he in the jail for?"
Danny said, "I don’t know, something about drunk and disorderly."
Actually it should have been called ’lude and disorderly.
What had happened was Iggy came down from San Francisco, and when I say came down, he was down. So they put him in the jail. We go to the police station: "How much is the bail?" Bail was only like a hundred bucks, hundred and fifty bucks. "Okay, boom, here’s the money. Can you let the man out?" And fifteen, twenty minutes later out comes this weaving, wavering, staggering James "Iggy Pop" Osterberg, wearing a dress at the Hollywood station. A full-length dress. I looked at him and said, "Jim, is that a woman’s dress?"
And Iggy said, "No, Ray, I beg to differ. This is a man’s dress."
Shit guys, I should add color, or people might think I smell of cigarettes.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- › Leather Quality and Properties 6 seconds ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 52 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › UNCOMFORTABLE SHOULDER? forward shoulders 1 minute ago
- › Neighbour - Our Legacy, Norse Projects, Ervell, Unis and more -... 2 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw