Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6340post #95086 of 1176665/21/13 at 7:35am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #95087 of 1176665/21/13 at 7:37amQuote:
I think the jacket looked fine on its own - I want to say there's a picture on the Epaulet web site where NYI wears it with regular shoes instead of highlighter-colored sneakers - and it fits better than most Epaulet suit jackets/SCs I've seen, which tend to appear a little too too closed in the front quarters.post #95088 of 1176665/21/13 at 7:37ampost #95089 of 1176665/21/13 at 7:38ampost #95090 of 1176665/21/13 at 7:38ampost #95091 of 1176665/21/13 at 7:48ampost #95092 of 1176665/21/13 at 7:49ampost #95093 of 1176665/21/13 at 7:51amQuote:Originally Posted by colabear
Some of you here wear blazers and office-cy things in your backyards and railroad tracks and stuff, I could never comprehend. Also leather jackets during the summer. Oh and the stylezeitgeist look, in my opinion doesn't work on "real" men, that's how the girls at the cosmetics department at Barneys all dress.
So in one post you content that different looks appeal to different people and then you argue here that people who dress one way aren't "real men."
That makes a lot of sense.post #95094 of 1176665/21/13 at 7:56ampost #95095 of 1176665/21/13 at 7:57ampost #95096 of 1176665/21/13 at 8:00amEDIT - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!
alternate pose, close-ups, textures AND MY SWAGGERIFIC BABY!!! (Click to show)post #95097 of 1176665/21/13 at 8:21ampost #95098 of 1176665/21/13 at 8:41amQuote:
Shit, did not mean to thumb your post.
Anyway, he made a comment about one particular style that tends to have a lot of androgynous elements of dress in it, so I can see his point. I think that style can look good, but many times isn't flattering IRL.post #95099 of 1176665/21/13 at 8:51ampost #95100 of 1176665/21/13 at 8:58amre: what "real men" wear, I know I've posted this before because it's one of my favorite bits from please kill me, but this time it's in honor of Ray Manzarek (RIP)
IGGY POP: I think when Ray Manzarek got me out of jail was when I was hanging out in Hollywood. It was after I’d been kicked out of heaven, and I was living with prostitutes. One day I was hanging out, drinking wine, and this girl had this dress I really liked. I thought she looked cool in it. So she dressed me up in it.
I went walking down Santa Monica Boulevard in this green shift dress with a tight cummerbund on it, the bottle of Ripple wine in my hand, right? It was actually the Ripple wine I got pulled over for, not the dress. They took me to the caboose and they sort of teased me about it, but I can’t remember the details of my every incarceration.
RAY MANZAREK: Danny Sugerman called me and said, "Man, your lead singer is in jail. We gotta go down and bail Iggy out of jail."
I said, "Oh no, now what?"
He said, "Iggy’s in the Hollywood jail."
I said, "What’s he in the jail for?"
Danny said, "I don’t know, something about drunk and disorderly."
Actually it should have been called ’lude and disorderly.
What had happened was Iggy came down from San Francisco, and when I say came down, he was down. So they put him in the jail. We go to the police station: "How much is the bail?" Bail was only like a hundred bucks, hundred and fifty bucks. "Okay, boom, here’s the money. Can you let the man out?" And fifteen, twenty minutes later out comes this weaving, wavering, staggering James "Iggy Pop" Osterberg, wearing a dress at the Hollywood station. A full-length dress. I looked at him and said, "Jim, is that a woman’s dress?"
And Iggy said, "No, Ray, I beg to differ. This is a man’s dress."
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 9 seconds ago
- › Introduce yourself. 19 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 22 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › White windowpane sport coat - Linen-cotton opinion 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...