Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/12/17 at 8:24am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6340post #95086 of 1176665/21/13 at 7:35ampost #95087 of 1176665/21/13 at 7:37amQuote:
I think the jacket looked fine on its own - I want to say there's a picture on the Epaulet web site where NYI wears it with regular shoes instead of highlighter-colored sneakers - and it fits better than most Epaulet suit jackets/SCs I've seen, which tend to appear a little too too closed in the front quarters.post #95088 of 1176665/21/13 at 7:37ampost #95089 of 1176665/21/13 at 7:38ampost #95090 of 1176665/21/13 at 7:38ampost #95091 of 1176665/21/13 at 7:48ampost #95092 of 1176665/21/13 at 7:49ampost #95093 of 1176665/21/13 at 7:51amQuote:Originally Posted by colabear
Some of you here wear blazers and office-cy things in your backyards and railroad tracks and stuff, I could never comprehend. Also leather jackets during the summer. Oh and the stylezeitgeist look, in my opinion doesn't work on "real" men, that's how the girls at the cosmetics department at Barneys all dress.
So in one post you content that different looks appeal to different people and then you argue here that people who dress one way aren't "real men."
That makes a lot of sense.post #95094 of 1176665/21/13 at 7:56ampost #95095 of 1176665/21/13 at 7:57ampost #95096 of 1176665/21/13 at 8:00amEDIT - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!
alternate pose, close-ups, textures AND MY SWAGGERIFIC BABY!!! (Click to show)post #95097 of 1176665/21/13 at 8:21ampost #95098 of 1176665/21/13 at 8:41amQuote:
Shit, did not mean to thumb your post.
Anyway, he made a comment about one particular style that tends to have a lot of androgynous elements of dress in it, so I can see his point. I think that style can look good, but many times isn't flattering IRL.post #95099 of 1176665/21/13 at 8:51ampost #95100 of 1176665/21/13 at 8:58amre: what "real men" wear, I know I've posted this before because it's one of my favorite bits from please kill me, but this time it's in honor of Ray Manzarek (RIP)
IGGY POP: I think when Ray Manzarek got me out of jail was when I was hanging out in Hollywood. It was after I’d been kicked out of heaven, and I was living with prostitutes. One day I was hanging out, drinking wine, and this girl had this dress I really liked. I thought she looked cool in it. So she dressed me up in it.
I went walking down Santa Monica Boulevard in this green shift dress with a tight cummerbund on it, the bottle of Ripple wine in my hand, right? It was actually the Ripple wine I got pulled over for, not the dress. They took me to the caboose and they sort of teased me about it, but I can’t remember the details of my every incarceration.
RAY MANZAREK: Danny Sugerman called me and said, "Man, your lead singer is in jail. We gotta go down and bail Iggy out of jail."
I said, "Oh no, now what?"
He said, "Iggy’s in the Hollywood jail."
I said, "What’s he in the jail for?"
Danny said, "I don’t know, something about drunk and disorderly."
Actually it should have been called ’lude and disorderly.
What had happened was Iggy came down from San Francisco, and when I say came down, he was down. So they put him in the jail. We go to the police station: "How much is the bail?" Bail was only like a hundred bucks, hundred and fifty bucks. "Okay, boom, here’s the money. Can you let the man out?" And fifteen, twenty minutes later out comes this weaving, wavering, staggering James "Iggy Pop" Osterberg, wearing a dress at the Hollywood station. A full-length dress. I looked at him and said, "Jim, is that a woman’s dress?"
And Iggy said, "No, Ray, I beg to differ. This is a man’s dress."
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: THE VILLAIN (24 March 2017) 10 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 10 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 13 minutes ago
- › Prince Charles in single-breasted?? 16 minutes ago
- › Entry level semi canvassed suit 19 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 21 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...