yup, been raining on and off all day gotta milk it while it lasts
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6338post #95056 of 1176665/20/13 at 5:28pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #95057 of 1176665/20/13 at 5:30pm
In other news, in light of the retarded "don't wear camouflage because my family died in the Holocaust" fucknut direction that this thread has taken this afternoon:
This summer, we will be going to a remote jungle corner of Sumatra, in Indonesia, to the exact prison camp where my granddad (b. 1922) was interned during World War II. He was working in Singapore, then a British colony, when the Japanese invaded in 1941, a few days after Pearl Harbour. He, like all expatriates, was evacuated, by sea, to Australia. His ship was torpedoed en route, and he was captured. All "neutrals" who were captured, including those from countries which were under Nazi occupation and hence considered enemy-combatant nations by the Japanese although they had not, unlike Britain, officially declared war on Japan. were also interned, along with captured British and Americans
My granddad's camp wasn't anything romantic like Bridge on the River Kwai, but he did keep a diary that he managed to smuggle out, which was used in the prosecution afterwards. It detailed use of slave labour for timber harvesting in the jungle to help the Japanese war effort, as well as deaths by malnutrition. He didn't socialize with the Japanese prison guards, which is what is depicted in the romantic versions of prison camps. But he also made it clear the Japanese did not eat prisoners for meat, as claimed by many internees during the prosecution. Many guards and prisoners got involved with local women, many of whom were brought in as prostitutes, and specially selected for their large endowments upstairs...which the Japanese were apparently obsessed with.
So I may have a few half-Indonesian relatives out there. Maybe I should post a fit against the makeshift graves in the jungle prison camp?
This place is a bit out of the way, though, from the main tourist traps of Java, Bali, etc.post #95058 of 1176665/20/13 at 5:35pmpost #95059 of 1176665/20/13 at 5:50pmpost #95060 of 1176665/20/13 at 5:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander
I'm gonna call bullshit here...my family has fought, bled and died for this country, and just because I didn't serve, doesn't mean I didn't suffer the impact of a veteran who came home more than half a man in more ways than one. I was lucky enough to be born in a time when my country didn't need me, but for three generations before me, we weren't that lucky. I didn't grow up in some Leave it to fucking Beaver house, and the sole reason was the United States of America and its armed forces. So take your holy than thou elitest and entitled attitude and stick it right up your ass.
Not sure that's going to work, there's already a big stick up there...post #95061 of 1176665/20/13 at 5:59pmActually, context could have easily been missed, I failed to mention we're trying to raise money for The Wounded Warrior Project. 50% of all proceeds will be donated to the WWP in my grandfathers' names, so the ties are basically going at cost this week.post #95062 of 1176665/20/13 at 6:05pmpost #95063 of 1176665/20/13 at 6:10pmQuote:
see? that makes a difference. good for you then.post #95064 of 1176665/20/13 at 6:19pmpost #95065 of 1176665/20/13 at 6:22pmNot much love for the yellow tee, huh. I'm into it
I'll post some lame black jeans shit with the jacket some other time I guess
...trade them for your green flight pants :P
Actually I don't know if I would. But I would
Thanks fishbonespost #95066 of 1176665/20/13 at 6:25pmQuote:
Nah it's good, try with black or more neutral gray.post #95067 of 1176665/20/13 at 6:30pmpost #95068 of 1176665/20/13 at 6:37pmpost #95069 of 1176665/20/13 at 7:20pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 24 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 32 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 33 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 34 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 37 minutes ago
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 37 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 39 minutes ago
- › What are you reading? 41 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 41 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...