Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/26/15 at 3:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6328post #94906 of 1176685/18/13 at 7:12pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #94907 of 1176685/18/13 at 7:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by ManofKent
Trousers just need shortening a little but are pretty much there. Jacket length is good in body and sleeves, but looks a little wide in the shoulders as well as the waist. You could have the waist taken in a little, but I think trying a size down in the jacket might be worthwhile as fixing shoulders is nigh on impossible.
thanks for your reply. my mistake is sizing up ,your mistake is sizing down:-)
it came as a suit with drop 6 so i cant size down in one without sizing down in the other. its size 52 so next down is 50 which maybe i should have tried.post #94908 of 1176685/18/13 at 7:19pmpost #94909 of 1176685/18/13 at 7:26pmQuote:you are correct. the shirt is a sack. its size 43. thats the only size that fits my fat neck. 41 is perfect in the shoulders but still a sack in the torso but asphyxiation inthe neck. what am i to do other than take to the tailor for next time?
whats wrong with wing collar?
you need to expand on this. i dont get it. its not tied yet, you know that, right?
Edited by michaelyork - 5/18/13 at 7:36pmpost #94910 of 1176685/18/13 at 7:30pmGotta size down on that shirt. Take a look at where the shoulder seam hits. Body and sleeves look pretty blousey, too.
edit: Just saw your post. IDK, get a collar extender or something. Or find another brand of shirt. I'm sure plenty of companies make tuxedo shirts that fit normal human torsos.post #94911 of 1176685/18/13 at 7:34pmpost #94912 of 1176685/18/13 at 7:37pmpost #94913 of 1176685/18/13 at 7:46pmpost #94914 of 1176685/18/13 at 8:04pmpost #94915 of 1176685/18/13 at 9:22pmQuote:
Seriously? What a fucking lame-ass comment to make towards someone who offered you solid advice when you clearly don't deserve anything other than the fury of everyone in this thread.
You telling MoK that his issue is sizing down is like rosie o'donnell telling someone they are too skinny.
Your shirt is fucking awful, you have no concept of proper sizing with either the shirt or the jacket, and the pants look sloppy and loose in the top block (and not in a good way).
MoK shits on you in every aspect of style/fit/photography/personality/execution.post #94916 of 1176685/18/13 at 10:00pmQuote:
These pics are the kind of photos people on other forums use to make fun of styleforum.post #94917 of 1176685/18/13 at 10:09pmpost #94918 of 1176685/18/13 at 10:19pmpost #94919 of 1176685/18/13 at 11:49pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 47 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 2 minutes ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 3 minutes ago
- › The Dark Knot official affiliate thread - Highest quality luxury... 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 6 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge: Windowpane or Glen PlaidFeb 27th, 2015 6 minutes ago
- › Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 -... 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...