Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on Yesterday at 9:34 am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6315post #94711 of 1176665/15/13 at 12:50pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #94712 of 1176665/15/13 at 1:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
maybe, but I have a pretty long neck, so I'm not usually a fan of stingy collars.
fwiw, epaulet recently redesigned their BD collar and took some of the height out of it, based on customer feedback. I appear to have been in the minority of people who preferred the taller setup.
I don't think the problem with the collar is the height, it's that it looks a bit roomy.post #94713 of 1176665/15/13 at 1:36pmpost #94714 of 1176665/15/13 at 1:44pmpost #94715 of 1176665/15/13 at 1:48pmpost #94716 of 1176665/15/13 at 1:50pmpost #94717 of 1176665/15/13 at 2:02pmpost #94718 of 1176665/15/13 at 2:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by reedobandito
Rainy day fit, off to study LSAT at the library. Oh joy
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
TURN BACK NOW WHILE YOU STILL CAN
/obligQuote:Originally Posted by gettoasty
Shouldn't you wear a spread collar? The current shirt just makes your neck longer. Fwiw I have the same problem and since changing to spread collar I find it feels and looks better. Since you wear a jacket or light knit ie cardigan the collar point on the spread should lie flat underneath the top layer. Looks good...even without a tie albeit the backlash received on the forum. IMO who cares so as long as the shirt is nice.
More so, spread collars can have a "nice roll" and for a slim frame like yours can broaden your neck and shoulder line, which is right. I think the clothes should compliment your body shape and proportions before anything else like "hard and fast rules."
Yes, you're right. And in fact all my dress shirts are cutaway collars. On casual shirts, I go back and forth on what I like. When I first started buying clothes to wear to work, I bought button-down collars because that's what the Gap was selling in 2003. Then I remember living in London in 2004 and seeing everyone on the tube in the morning wearing at least a spread collar if not a full cutaway. I thought that look was really cool, and bought a bunch of dress shirts while I was there that all had cutaway collars. For awhile, no one in the US was wearing that style. Lately, and especially ever since #menswear became a thing, they've become ubiquitous in the US as well. So perhaps due to over-saturation, I found myself going back to button-downs for more casual fits (even though they are still everywhere too -- I just wanted some more variety within my own wardrobe). The main advantage is that they won't ever lie down, even when unbuttoned, which, again -- due to the long neck, is a useful feature. Fwiw, point collars will always look terrible on me, though.
Edited by StanleyVanBuren - 5/15/13 at 3:10pmpost #94719 of 1176665/15/13 at 3:03pmpost #94720 of 1176665/15/13 at 3:13pmpost #94721 of 1176665/15/13 at 3:23pmpost #94722 of 1176665/15/13 at 3:31pm
I've decided quite firmly that indeed it is what I want to do, as long as I can get into a T15-20 w/ a little money in a good part of the US. I had a bit of an identity crisis when I tested far below my practice tests for the LSAT and thought I was condemned to some middle rate midwestern/NW school. But I'm taking it again, applying super early and I got a 3.8 cum gpa so I'm feeling a bit more optimisticpost #94723 of 1176665/15/13 at 3:31pmpost #94724 of 1176665/15/13 at 3:35pmpost #94725 of 1176665/15/13 at 3:39pmmore than a few ppl have told me dont' go into law unless you like dream lawyer dreams day and night. like if you haven't wanted to be a lawyer since cradle then it's prolly not for you. fairly obvious to say you have to have a certain let's say brain for it but more than that it seem you have to really get up in the morning and want to practice law or whatever. I don't so I decided against. Don't let me rain on your parade reedo by the way. kudos on the gpa too
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › Burgundy appreciation and discussion thread 20 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 46 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 1 minute ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 2 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 2 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) 3 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 3 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...