Dayeinu is a personal favorite in my old burrowing hole.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: Yesterday
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6230post #93436 of 1176684/25/13 at 6:19pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #93437 of 1176684/25/13 at 6:22pm
I thought "little doll" was probably closer? but yeah stitch, I was probably going to say something extolling your virtues or calling you a berye of styleforumish excellence, and also possibly complimenting your aishet chayil of a wife with whom you produced that gawgeous bubbeleh, but I don't really have a very good command of german declensions outside of the 8th-10th century.post #93438 of 1176684/25/13 at 6:23pmpost #93439 of 1176684/25/13 at 6:44pm
what hole would that be. we had a lively rendition of dayeinu just a few weeks ago at our seder.Quote:Originally Posted by Synthese
I thought "little doll" was probably closer? but yeah stitch, I was probably going to say something extolling your virtues or calling you a berye of styleforumish excellence, and also possibly complimenting your aishet chayil of a wife with whom you produced that gawgeous bubbeleh, but I don't really have a very good command of german declensions outside of the 8th-10th century.
indeed little doll would be closer. i quite like where you were headed though. thanks for the kind words.
very impressive pulling out aishet chayil, not exactly a hebrew phrase that made its way into english dialect. and that is just what she is, a beautiful aishet chayil. i outkicked my coverage by miles.post #93440 of 1176684/25/13 at 7:15pmpost #93441 of 1176684/25/13 at 7:29pmUp next: ***The Semi-Official, Ambiguously Orthodox SF Minyan Thread*** (Must Have a Jewish Mother or Married into the Tribe or What Do You Mean I Was Supposed to Call Last Week you know I was having that operation done... Ima, you know I love you and think about you all the time... no I haven't asked Sheila from accounting out—I know she's a nice Jewish girl, but... Yes I'm eating enough ima...)post #93442 of 1176684/25/13 at 7:40pmpost #93443 of 1176684/25/13 at 7:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by thewho13
Up next: ***The Semi-Official, Ambiguously Orthodox SF Minyan Thread*** (Must Have a Jewish Mother or Married into the Tribe or What Do You Mean I Was Supposed to Call Last Week you know I was having that operation done... Ima, you know I love you and think about you all the time... no I haven't asked Sheila from accounting out—I know she's a nice Jewish girl, but... Yes I'm eating enough ima...)
laughed my ass off.post #93444 of 1176684/25/13 at 8:50pmpost #93445 of 1176684/25/13 at 8:56pm
If you're going to read Roth, I'd suggest the following, in order.
The Ghost Writer
The Anatomy Lesson
The Prague Orgy
I Married a Communist
The Human Stain
Though if you really want to set the mood, start with Seize the Day (Bellow) and then segue into Goodbye Columbus. The Conversion of the Jews in particular is one of my favourite short stories.
It it showing that I almost majored in Jewish Studies?post #93446 of 1176684/25/13 at 9:05pmpost #93447 of 1176684/25/13 at 9:09pmpost #93448 of 1176684/25/13 at 9:34pmpost #93449 of 1176684/25/13 at 9:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
alt. pose and close ups (Click to show)cool instagram-ey chest shot (no nips) (Click to show)
what a cutey pie
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...