or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6230  

post #93436 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

shall we have a duel?
a true classic. up there with hava negilah.

Dayeinu is a personal favorite in my old burrowing hole.
post #93437 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

vas du vilst zuggin, mein teihreh bubeleh?
inorite smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

Looks like German. "What do you want to say, my dear brother"?

I thought "little doll" was probably closer? but yeah stitch, I was probably going to say something extolling your virtues or calling you a berye of styleforumish excellence, and also possibly complimenting your aishet chayil of a wife with whom you produced that gawgeous bubbeleh, but I don't really have a very good command of german declensions outside of the 8th-10th century.
post #93438 of 117670

KOY, that fit is really cool, and your dad seems awesome haha.  Mine would be a total asshole if he saw me ever taking pics of myself

post #93439 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewho13 View Post

Dayeinu is a personal favorite in my old burrowing hole.

what hole would that be. we had a lively rendition of dayeinu just a few weeks ago at our seder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post


I thought "little doll" was probably closer? but yeah stitch, I was probably going to say something extolling your virtues or calling you a berye of styleforumish excellence, and also possibly complimenting your aishet chayil of a wife with whom you produced that gawgeous bubbeleh, but I don't really have a very good command of german declensions outside of the 8th-10th century.

indeed little doll would be closer. i quite like where you were headed though. thanks for the kind words.

very impressive pulling out aishet chayil, not exactly a hebrew phrase that made its way into english dialect. and that is just what she is, a beautiful aishet chayil. i outkicked my coverage by miles.
post #93440 of 117670

the [rare] return of the SVB office shot

 

(cross-post from my RRL chino contest follow-up)

 

Epaulet

RRLx2

Epaulet x Thorogood

post #93441 of 117670
Up next: ***The Semi-Official, Ambiguously Orthodox SF Minyan Thread*** (Must Have a Jewish Mother or Married into the Tribe or What Do You Mean I Was Supposed to Call Last Week you know I was having that operation done... Ima, you know I love you and think about you all the time... no I haven't asked Sheila from accounting out—I know she's a nice Jewish girl, but... Yes I'm eating enough ima...)
post #93442 of 117670
my life often mirrors Portnoys Complaint
post #93443 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewho13 View Post

Up next: ***The Semi-Official, Ambiguously Orthodox SF Minyan Thread*** (Must Have a Jewish Mother or Married into the Tribe or What Do You Mean I Was Supposed to Call Last Week you know I was having that operation done... Ima, you know I love you and think about you all the time... no I haven't asked Sheila from accounting out—I know she's a nice Jewish girl, but... Yes I'm eating enough ima...)

laughed my ass off.
post #93444 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

my life often mirrors Portnoys Complaint

Given the fact that Annie Hall has been enough of a self-fulfilling prophecy for me, well, I'm looking twice before I step into nebbish Jew-fiction territory again. (I'll probably read it anyway.)
post #93445 of 117670

If you're going to read Roth, I'd suggest the following, in order.

 

The Ghost Writer
Zuckerman Unbound
The Anatomy Lesson
The Prague Orgy
The Counterlife
American Pastoral
I Married a Communist
The Human Stain
Exit Ghost
 

Though if you really want to set the mood, start with Seize the Day (Bellow) and then segue into Goodbye Columbus. The Conversion of the Jews in particular is one of my favourite short stories.

 

It it showing that I almost majored in Jewish Studies?

post #93446 of 117670
don't read roth. i guess if you have to, american pastoral is the best. the human stain fucking sucks.
post #93447 of 117670
I thought The Plot Against America was pretty cool.
post #93448 of 117670
AppleMark

more test driving...
post #93449 of 117670
post #93450 of 117670
twist (or is it even, really?) cola aint talking about stitches kid
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread