Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6181post #92701 of 1176664/17/13 at 8:30am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #92702 of 1176664/17/13 at 8:33ampost #92703 of 1176664/17/13 at 8:38ampost #92704 of 1176664/17/13 at 8:39amQuote:
kinda more like a cropped kimono-sleeve jacket of some sort than a bolero. a bolero basically just covers the shoulders.post #92705 of 1176664/17/13 at 8:39amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
hey doods. this was posted in MC, with some general whining to follow. i thought, hey! why not see what the people who actually know about these kinds of kicks think.
so, are these cool, or a disaster?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
They're from the G&G Weekend Label. Also in the G&G Weekend Label are luxe cargo shorts and an oversized silk t-shirt with "Turkey Day 5k" embroidered across the backpost #92706 of 1176664/17/13 at 8:41amQuote:
I think what you're not realizing is that both of those things you just described would be really cool to different SW&D contingents
And stitch, RFT or Baller Sneaker thread would be much better options, but it's ok.post #92707 of 1176664/17/13 at 8:42amQuote:
[ Reads post several times, mulling over its validity. Glances downward. Is wearing a long, scoop-neck tee and skinny jeans.
Grimaces at his own lack of self-awareness. ]post #92708 of 1176664/17/13 at 8:54ampost #92709 of 1176664/17/13 at 8:58ampost #92710 of 1176664/17/13 at 9:03amQuote:
These are beyond horrible. Jesus, who ordered these shits?post #92711 of 1176664/17/13 at 9:03amQuote:
yeah, i dont go there. i trust my SWD ebroes in this thread here.
THEY DO!! THEY DOOOO!!!!! they were bespoke so they have special lasted trees. love or hate the sneaks, i think its really cool they are willing to work with a long standing customer like that. i think that flexibility generates more positive PR than one pair of ugly, non mass produced sneaker could produce bad PR.post #92712 of 1176664/17/13 at 9:06ampost #92713 of 1176664/17/13 at 9:07amHonestly, I think G&G rolled over on this one because they knew they would get lots of Internet points, good or bad (all publicity is good, blah blah blah). I think if this were Edward Green, Lobb, or even Vass, they would not stoop to such levels of brand dilution. An all around embarrassment for both the owner and the maker.post #92714 of 1176664/17/13 at 9:14amQuote:Quote:
ok but not going in those other threads is not an excuse to post something in here that clearly belongs in another thread.
(yes, off-topic stuff gets posted in this thread on the reg but that doesn't mean it's not annoying when it clearly belongs somewhere else)
also, those sneakers look like some $20 eurotrash shitpost #92715 of 1176664/17/13 at 9:14amQuote:Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Honestly, I think G&G rolled over on this one because they knew they would get lots of Internet points, good or bad (all publicity is good, blah blah blah). I think if this were Edward Green, Lobb, or even Vass, they would not stoop to such levels of brand dilution. An all around embarrassment for both the owner and the maker.
Could be worse - just think if they'd been reindeer skin
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
Currently, there are 1566 Active Users (394 Members and 1172 Guests)
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 33 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Unis Gio Skinny--Navy Size 31 4 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...