Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6145post #92161 of 1176664/11/13 at 5:32pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #92162 of 1176664/11/13 at 5:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance
dunno, i've found slouchier fits tend to benefit from the "camera adds 10 pounds" effect. plus i'm way more tolerant of slouchiness on other people than i am with myself when i look in the mirror. maybe you're the same way? either way, derk fits are sweet. wonder how they'd look IRL
i think build plays into that a lot. the look of 10 extra lbs on me for example, would really destroy the look, but derk being rather skinny, even if the slouchiness may add some perceived weight, he can afford it. also, i think that the whole extra pounds thing only applies to people who are rather big or are on the border of being big to begin with. skinny dudes always look skinny.Quote:Originally Posted by ghostface
caveat-- yeah, the pants are black. it seems to be a received nugget of styling wisdom that black and brown don't go well together, but i quite like black with brown (and black with blue, which also gets a bad rap). i think what's most important is that the tones and textures mix well.
nonsense. these colors are wonderful together. even on the other side of the wall the below fit was pretty well received. also, as to black and brown, my fave color combo on a watch is brown strap/black face. they are great colors together imo.
(i know its a douche move to use myself as an example, but whatevz...)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #92163 of 1176664/11/13 at 5:44pmpost #92164 of 1176664/11/13 at 6:09pmpost #92165 of 1176664/11/13 at 6:10pmpost #92166 of 1176664/11/13 at 6:18pmpost #92167 of 1176664/11/13 at 6:24pm
This was my fit today. first post here.
express jacket and shirt (forgive me please)
- after recent 15lb weight gain, no longer fit properly and are too tight, but don't have the money for alterations or new stuff at the moment
louis vuitton damier graphite belt
American Eagle jeans (on sale for $20, my fat pair)
Johnston and Murphy Melton
Billingham hadley pro, camera bag, with camera inserts removed and used as my day bag, shoulder strap tucked inside.post #92168 of 1176664/11/13 at 6:27pmpost #92169 of 1176664/11/13 at 6:27pmpost #92170 of 1176664/11/13 at 6:35pmpost #92171 of 1176664/11/13 at 6:44pmpost #92172 of 1176664/11/13 at 6:50pmpost #92173 of 1176664/11/13 at 6:54pmpost #92174 of 1176664/11/13 at 6:58pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 1 minute ago
- › REEVES OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 13 minutes ago
- › What's the deal with "sleek" shoes? 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...