I think DP's fit/colours are ok (like stuff you see on Mr. Porter), maybe CM: Casual wear is more relevant.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 10/16/12 at 7:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6135
Styleforum Top Picks
The poor picture quality and distance from the camera washed all the detail out. The shirt is dog tooth, the jumper is Lambswool with a lovely mix of cool colours.
I am in the market for a new pair of loafers, any recommendations?
1. No you don't
2. There is nothing "sensible" about grey suede shoes
3. No hate, but this statement is proof of your insecurity. There is nothing interesting about your style. It's boring. It has no personality to it. Even from the "personification of money" standpoint you kind of fall short because you would be wearing Finnamore and Kilgour shirts instead of T.M. Lewin. And before you go into a rant on how SW&D only likes "bummy Looking fits" let me shut that down now
this is a classic fit from Shoreman that got 72 thumbs the other day.
I say all of this in all sincerity. Not trying to be a dick but yeah...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Wow, I didn't expect this fit to be so controversial, so thanks for all the feedback, guys, appreciate it. Here are my thoughts:
Warning: blah blah blah stanley's fit blah blah blah (Click to show)
Well, you caught me. Thing is, in the last year, no one at my office has, and they are comfortable as hell, so...
I will say that the cardi and the fact that the shirt is tucked is really all that is making this a more bizcas fit. I think if I lost the cardi and untucked the shirt, the shoes wouldn't register the "fake casual dress shoe" vibe you're getting here.
Point taken nonetheless.
Brown chunky florsheim long wings would be great here, in fact, I even know a guy selling a pair. (cough)
Oh, fuck, sure... NOW you guys want to see the longwings (that everyone has hated on in the past).
I don't disagree they would have worked here though, I guess Parker nailed it and I just didn't realize how much I was channeling the 60s with the rest of the selection & arrangement here. Bearing that in mind, the CPs definitely stick out as wrong.
hrm... cardigan is a dark navy if that helps.
other than shoes I don't think I actually have a black anything. I know, I know... sometimes I feel like I don't belong here either.
but I do agree a blue shirt/black cardi/tan pants/light sneaker fit would not be a bad choice.
...oh, my watch strap is black
This is perhaps the greatest sin of all. Gotta coordinate accessories with belt/shoes.
No. Come on, we can't be this pedantic. This is not MC. Not everything has to match. And frankly I "can't be arsed" to change my watch strap every day. I think it's more important that it match when I'm wearing black shoes since that's when my outfits are more formal, if that makes sense. The rest of the time, fuck it.
I will grant that they may have shrunk a bit more than I expected after I got them hemmed (and yes, I did wash first before hemming, too) but I reject the notion that they are too short. And does chino stacking really look that great? Anyway, I think the length is fine. Back to Parker's observation, he is only 2 years too early for this picture of my dad in 1964 (which I've posted before):
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Now the length here might be pushing it too much, especially with the light-colored (white?!) socks, but I don't think it's necessarily a "bad" look, and certainly in comparison to these, I don't think mine are too short.
Sleeve length of that shirt is shot to bits.
Chinos hemmed to that awkward looking height
Set fire to them brown sneakers
Black watch strap + Navy + Brown = no
Dislike the mix of colours
That cardigan + possible bunching of a ill-fitting shirt makes you look like you are 9 months pregnant/have a spare tire.
Just my opinions though
Whoa there turbo.
I will grant that the sleeves on my shirt may have shrunk a centimeter or two more than I desired. But otherwise, see above.
Thanks dude. I could go for a pair of suede chukkas, but I don't really like the sole on those.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
SVB, What style Epaulet pants are those?! NICE!
Thanks! they are olive gunchecks in the Walt fit. I don't think there are any left though. I got mine in the great size 28 clearout of Sept. 2012.
DP92, I think you might also enjoy the classic menswear side of the forum. Specifically the WAYWRN (What are you wearing right now(?)) Men's Clothing casual style thread. It might fit in better with your aesthetic.
This is a death sentence.
Give the guy a chance, even if he is a British asshole. It's a nice contrast to all the American and half-American (read: Canuck) assholes we already have.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 8 minutes ago
- › Finollo, shirt and tie maker - Genoa - Italy 9 minutes ago
- › Forum feels clogged 13 minutes ago
- › J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013 16 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 17 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 18 minutes ago
- › Gant Rugger Pants 38x34 NWT Navy Vintage Chino Hugger 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw