or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6128  

post #91906 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

ts(s) mixed fabric shirt (sleeves and back are white/light/dark navy striped cotton, chest navy mix gingham in an almost seersucker fabric)
mhl linen/cotton shorts
mmm lows

 

TBH I gave you thumbs because of the dog.

post #91907 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by snwbdr94 View Post


2D5F523A-FF3B-4CCD-BFBF-39DE97728501-6097-00000104E1014540_zpsb68387aa.jpg

Thoughts?

Not to sound like a fashion snob but I think it's fine for a nondescript outfit. Maybe add some color and graphic with a tee like these from Zara



and a pair or Jimmy Choos

Edited by colabear - 4/10/13 at 7:28pm
post #91908 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaTimH View Post

thanks f or the feedback, I appreciate it. can you elaborate regarding shoes? I think black would be too large a contrast, and brown would take away from the great color scheme. regarding the pants, though, I have extremely large thighs and slender ankles so I have to wear tapered pants. here are some pictures of me pants less so you can see.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
foo.gif

Since you're already wearing black pants, I think black/charcoal pants black derbies would be fine. Or cropped pants with black boots. Or lowtop chunky white sneakers, Ann D or NN x Converse or something. Disappointed in the lack of naked pictures.
post #91909 of 117668

Uniqlo

Epaulet

Uniqlo

CP

post #91910 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by colabear View Post

hi stichy which rhymes with itchy y sticky shog[1].gif

sup
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

it's fucking stitches's fault.

i am so proud of that btw. enjoy your title. i still think my original idea was better though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance View Post

also, ever since those spacepope and tcwalter fits, i thought the trend was to expose our faces

depends how handsome you are. smile.gif
post #91911 of 117668
svb i don't like this. i think it's a good summation of a lot of your misses -- color choice is way over the map. red plaid (or madras) shirt, under a black cardigan, with super dark brown sneakers and tan pants. would look great with a lighter colored sneaker and maybe a blue shirt.
post #91912 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

svb i don't like this. i think it's a good summation of a lot of your misses -- color choice is way over the map. red plaid (or madras) shirt, under a black cardigan, with super dark brown sneakers and tan pants. would look great with a lighter colored sneaker and maybe a blue shirt.

 

hrm... cardigan is a dark navy if that helps.

 

other than shoes I don't think I actually have a black anything. I know, I know... sometimes I feel like I don't belong here either.

 

but I do agree a blue shirt/black cardi/tan pants/light sneaker fit would not be a bad choice.

 

 

...oh, my watch strap is black

post #91913 of 117668
i think the biggest issue is those sneakers. i've never been a fan of brown sneakers, and you seem to wear them almost as a casual dress shoe.
post #91914 of 117668
I agree that those brown sneakers are awful, but I think the shirt/cardi/pants combo is great, and the shades too. Need some quoddys or something.
post #91915 of 117668

Stanley, you are channeling 1962. I agree with El Tegre about the brown sneakers. I kinda wnated to see some chunky Florsheim longwings to go with the Clubmasters. I like the overall vibe, but not the shoes.

post #91916 of 117668
I don't mind those sneakers, in fact, I would like them if your pants were slightly more tapered (like .25" even). I think the cardigan is the piece that's throwing everything off, as if you took it off I think it would work at least okay.
post #91917 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

hrm... cardigan is a dark navy if that helps.

other than shoes I don't think I actually have a black anything. I know, I know... sometimes I feel like I don't belong here either.

but I do agree a blue shirt/black cardi/tan pants/light sneaker fit would not be a bad choice.


...oh, my watch strap is black

This is perhaps the greatest sin of all. Gotta coordinate accessories with belt/shoes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post

Stanley, you are channeling 1962. I agree with El Tegre about the brown sneakers. I kinda wnated to see some chunky Florsheim longwings to go with the Clubmasters. I like the overall vibe, but not the shoes.

Eh, that's sort of his shtick, not that I thought you meant your comment in a negative way.
post #91918 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post

Stanley, you are channeling 1962. I agree with El Tegre about the brown sneakers. I kinda wnated to see some chunky Florsheim longwings to go with the Clubmasters. I like the overall vibe, but not the shoes.

Brown chunky florsheim long wings would be great here, in fact, I even know a guy selling a pair. (cough)
post #91919 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaozedong View Post

Since you're already wearing black pants, I think black/charcoal pants black derbies would be fine. Or cropped pants with black boots. Or lowtop chunky white sneakers, Ann D or NN x Converse or something. Disappointed in the lack of naked pictures.

Thanks for the clarification -- the pants are actually just a shade darker than the jacket, they're the exact same shade as the shoes if that makes any difference. Nevertheless I'll take your advice into consideration, much appreciated.
post #91920 of 117668
one of the problems with stanley's fit is that he's wearing chinos hemmed to dress pant length with sneakers so it just looks ridiculous.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread