Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/23/15 at 6:48pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6122post #91816 of 1176684/10/13 at 8:53am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #91817 of 1176684/10/13 at 9:00amQuote:You don't have that many posts so I'm assuming you haven't been here that long?
I would advice against getting more expensive and nicer shirts until you've been here for a while, if you already have an alright base consisting of for example uniqlo (plenty of people here wear uniqlo). Reason why is that it's not unlikely that the direction of style you originally were planning to head in may very well change, especially if you keep following this thread. Just a small tip that may help you save money and not make purchases you may regret later on.
(nice tees are a solid "investment" though, since well they work with most aestethics)
this is really solid advice.
you're correct in assuming i'm new to styleforum. i've been interested in fashion for a few years though, and am somewhat active on the malefashionadvice subreddit. especially over the last year or so i've consolidated and honed in on an aesthetic i like, i'm pretty comfortable with the direction i'm heading.
i'm not knocking uniqlo or the other brands i mentioned, they've held up well and i would recommend them to any beginner, but i wouldn't mind seeing what else is out there. i just feel like i'm at a point where i wouldn't mind experimenting with nicer products. see for myself if the quality, construction, materials are noticably better.post #91818 of 1176684/10/13 at 9:08amQuote:
yeah the shirt is good. I'm assuming you had it tailored to fit like that, and the only thing I'd change would be to leave it an inch longer if you had it shortened.post #91819 of 1176684/10/13 at 9:37ampost #91820 of 1176684/10/13 at 9:46amQuote:
+1. they are very amenable to that. i have bought and exchanges a ton of stuff from them, and the process has always been super easy.post #91821 of 1176684/10/13 at 9:47ampost #91822 of 1176684/10/13 at 9:50amQuote:
I don't remember having seen your calves though , need proof.
Really? I live in slumlord college housing with six other people haha.post #91823 of 1176684/10/13 at 10:02amQuote:yeah the shirt is good. I'm assuming you had it tailored to fit like that, and the only thing I'd change would be to leave it an inch longer if you had it shortened.
actually, this is the fit otr. the only modifications are that i dyed it, it was originally a pretty ugly white, grey, orange.post #91824 of 1176684/10/13 at 10:13am
First post on this forum so go easy
The shirt is a gingham tailored TM lewin, I am a 44 chest with a 33 waist so it can be a pain getting nice fitting shirt - how does the fit look?
I can see I turned my chinos up much too far, I was walking around like this all day!! Oh well, I hope people liked my socks..ha
Any comments or criticism welcome.
DPpost #91825 of 1176684/10/13 at 10:16ampost #91826 of 1176684/10/13 at 10:18amQuote:
Totally understandable, I wanted to show a little sock, I like the look despite them matching, but yeah I went roll happy and showed wayyy too much.
Good stuff!post #91827 of 1176684/10/13 at 10:51ampost #91828 of 1176684/10/13 at 10:55ampost #91829 of 1176684/10/13 at 11:00am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 1 minute ago
- › Hermes Gaspard Moccasin Slippers 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shoe advise for an amateur 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...