Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6122
Styleforum Top Picks
I would advice against getting more expensive and nicer shirts until you've been here for a while, if you already have an alright base consisting of for example uniqlo (plenty of people here wear uniqlo). Reason why is that it's not unlikely that the direction of style you originally were planning to head in may very well change, especially if you keep following this thread. Just a small tip that may help you save money and not make purchases you may regret later on.
(nice tees are a solid "investment" though, since well they work with most aestethics)
this is really solid advice.
you're correct in assuming i'm new to styleforum. i've been interested in fashion for a few years though, and am somewhat active on the malefashionadvice subreddit. especially over the last year or so i've consolidated and honed in on an aesthetic i like, i'm pretty comfortable with the direction i'm heading.
i'm not knocking uniqlo or the other brands i mentioned, they've held up well and i would recommend them to any beginner, but i wouldn't mind seeing what else is out there. i just feel like i'm at a point where i wouldn't mind experimenting with nicer products. see for myself if the quality, construction, materials are noticably better.
yeah the shirt is good. I'm assuming you had it tailored to fit like that, and the only thing I'd change would be to leave it an inch longer if you had it shortened.
+1. they are very amenable to that. i have bought and exchanges a ton of stuff from them, and the process has always been super easy.
I don't remember having seen your calves though , need proof.
Really? I live in slumlord college housing with six other people haha.
actually, this is the fit otr. the only modifications are that i dyed it, it was originally a pretty ugly white, grey, orange.
First post on this forum so go easy
The shirt is a gingham tailored TM lewin, I am a 44 chest with a 33 waist so it can be a pain getting nice fitting shirt - how does the fit look?
I can see I turned my chinos up much too far, I was walking around like this all day!! Oh well, I hope people liked my socks..ha
Any comments or criticism welcome.
Totally understandable, I wanted to show a little sock, I like the look despite them matching, but yeah I went roll happy and showed wayyy too much.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 3 seconds ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 17 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 19 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 25 seconds ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 58 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)