or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6065  

post #90961 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

I think it's Dorje intervention time


?

post #90962 of 117666
stop buying stuff from myhabit. you'll thank me.
post #90963 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

I think it's Dorje intervention time
post #90964 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorje View Post


?

yeah this forum really enjoys telling people how to live their lives.
post #90965 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post


yeah this forum really enjoys telling people how to live their lives.

There's a BIG difference between telling them how to live their lives and telling them how to make their clothing look better.

post #90966 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by RXS09 View Post

There's a BIG difference between telling them how to live their lives and telling them how to make their clothing look better.

 

Would be cool if people actually make suggestions...

post #90967 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by RXS09 View Post

There's a BIG difference between telling them how to live their lives and telling them how to make their clothing look better.

except that's not what this "intervention" is going to be about though, is it? He doesn't look awful; most of his clothes fit and could work in slightly modified combinations. Noone is going to be able to give magic bullet that will suddenly make him look amazing.

it will consist maybe 1% of people saying "those clothes don't quite go together, but you're getting there"

and the remaining 99% will be people telling him to completely change his taste, stop buying X brand, stop shopping at X store etc.

The reality is that he's probably slightly new to this and simply hasn't quite built up enough of a wardrobe to be able to make the optimal choices with what he wears.

The only way that's going to change is for him to organically gain more clothes and experience, not through any "intervention".
post #90968 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

The reality is that he's probably slightly new to this and simply hasn't quite built up enough of a wardrobe to be able to make the optimal choices with what he wears.

The only way that's going to change is for him to organically gain more clothes and experience, not through any "intervention".

 

fing02[1].gif

post #90969 of 117666
Sure you can buy from myhabit. Just don't style yourself after their models
post #90970 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorje View Post

 

Would be cool if people actually make suggestions...

 

Sup Silent Jacket buddy.

 

Those loose pants are the biggest culprit imo. They just aren't flattering with that jacket. In the second pic, the baggy crotch area makes you look disproportioned. 

post #90971 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance View Post

new place?

Grad housing =(. Roommate is a cheap and dirty fucker, so I haven't bought any furniture. When I move out this summer, I'll properly furnish my apartment (with disposable Ikea items)
post #90972 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by diniro View Post

Sure you can buy from myhabit. Just don't style yourself after their models

this this this

dorje you kind of look like you're styling things like myhabit or mrporter would -- taking some pretty cool pieces and wearing them as inoffensively as possible

it could be helped a lot just be getting a haircut

but i think it will be a matter of time and getting more comfortable in the clothes
post #90973 of 117666
Ha I wasn't actually calling for a real intervention, it's just that dorje has some really cool pieces that look really off worn in that way on him. Maybe just take a little time before you build up your entire wardrobe, don't buy so much at once
post #90974 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkstore81 View Post

No one became so die hard American until 9/11.

unfortunately most americans think terrorists actually committed 9/11

skitlets that isn't UCI is it? place looks decent
post #90975 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

Ha I wasn't actually calling for a real intervention, it's just that dorje has some really cool pieces that look really off worn in that way on him. Maybe just take a little time before you build up your entire wardrobe, don't buy so much at once

 

That's good advise, tell me what looks off to you as well.

 

I'm sure I'll make mistakes and buy stuff I won't use, but that's ok... it will take some trial and error and I don't mind ebaying things. I buy used stuff too so it's not so expensive and I can resell without losing money. I've already ebayed off a lot of stuff I've posted in this thread.

 

Also, I'm starting from scratch more or less so I do have to buy a chunk of stuff that isn't jeans and tee shirts to have some outfits that aren't just jeans/tees.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread