Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6059post #90871 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:14pmpost #90872 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:18pmpost #90873 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:18pmQuote:
Formula 1 clearly doesn't pay the bills well enough, so does tennis or any other sport that is not dominated by muricans ;-)
edit: nice how you edited that post...post #90874 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:23pmpost #90875 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:24pmpost #90876 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:25pmpost #90877 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:28pmpost #90878 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:32pmpost #90879 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:44pmQuote:
That's the way it is in most countries.
Here is Julian Savea. He is naturally gifted at running over people.
Does that mean I think he's going to dominate the sport of table tennis if he gave up rugby?
Somehow I don't think he'd be particularly good at this:post #90880 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:45pmpost #90881 of 1176663/31/13 at 5:12pmHendrix, if there was the infrastructure/money/popularity to train in table tennis at an early age in the US, someone like him probably could become pretty good at it. When I referred to naturally gifted young athletes, I was referring to people whose physical gifts translate better to explosive sports. Sports like football and basketball highlight the disparity in physical ability between people. There are other sports that are more forgiving in that regard. You have to take body shape/etc. into account, but you could find some less popular sport equivalent such as wrestling or even shot put or something for someone like him.
Also Regis, did you order the purple Margiela shorts? They look pretty nice.post #90882 of 1176663/31/13 at 5:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by cyc wid it
Hendrix, if there was the infrastructure/money/popularity to train in table tennis at an early age in the US, someone like him probably could become pretty good at it. When I referred to naturally gifted young athletes, I was referring to people whose physical gifts translate better to explosive sports. You have to take body shape/etc. into account, but you could find some less popular sport equivalent such as wrestling or even shot put or something.
There's always more popular sports that take the best athletes in every country.
Here, rugby dominates. In eastern Europe olympic weightlifting has a large following. there are probably rugby players and weightlifters who could've been exceptional Gridiron players.
But they're not, and it's stupid to say "if we cared about it, New Zealand could produce teams that would smash the USA at American Football".post #90883 of 1176663/31/13 at 5:32pmpost #90884 of 1176663/31/13 at 5:34pmpost #90885 of 1176663/31/13 at 5:35pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1396 Active Users (328 Members and 1068 Guests)
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 48 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding