Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 9/19/16 at 4:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6059post #90871 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:14pmpost #90872 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:18pmpost #90873 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:18pmQuote:
Formula 1 clearly doesn't pay the bills well enough, so does tennis or any other sport that is not dominated by muricans ;-)
edit: nice how you edited that post...post #90874 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:23pmpost #90875 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:24pmpost #90876 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:25pmpost #90877 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:28pmpost #90878 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:32pmpost #90879 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:44pmQuote:
That's the way it is in most countries.
Here is Julian Savea. He is naturally gifted at running over people.
Does that mean I think he's going to dominate the sport of table tennis if he gave up rugby?
Somehow I don't think he'd be particularly good at this:post #90880 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:45pmpost #90881 of 1176663/31/13 at 5:12pmHendrix, if there was the infrastructure/money/popularity to train in table tennis at an early age in the US, someone like him probably could become pretty good at it. When I referred to naturally gifted young athletes, I was referring to people whose physical gifts translate better to explosive sports. Sports like football and basketball highlight the disparity in physical ability between people. There are other sports that are more forgiving in that regard. You have to take body shape/etc. into account, but you could find some less popular sport equivalent such as wrestling or even shot put or something for someone like him.
Also Regis, did you order the purple Margiela shorts? They look pretty nice.post #90882 of 1176663/31/13 at 5:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by cyc wid it
Hendrix, if there was the infrastructure/money/popularity to train in table tennis at an early age in the US, someone like him probably could become pretty good at it. When I referred to naturally gifted young athletes, I was referring to people whose physical gifts translate better to explosive sports. You have to take body shape/etc. into account, but you could find some less popular sport equivalent such as wrestling or even shot put or something.
There's always more popular sports that take the best athletes in every country.
Here, rugby dominates. In eastern Europe olympic weightlifting has a large following. there are probably rugby players and weightlifters who could've been exceptional Gridiron players.
But they're not, and it's stupid to say "if we cared about it, New Zealand could produce teams that would smash the USA at American Football".post #90883 of 1176663/31/13 at 5:32pmpost #90884 of 1176663/31/13 at 5:34pmpost #90885 of 1176663/31/13 at 5:35pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1448 Active Users (326 Members and 1122 Guests)
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 seconds ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 48 seconds ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 54 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › I need feminism because tumblr 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...