Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6059post #90871 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:14pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #90872 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:18pmpost #90873 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:18pmQuote:
Formula 1 clearly doesn't pay the bills well enough, so does tennis or any other sport that is not dominated by muricans ;-)
edit: nice how you edited that post...post #90874 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:23pmpost #90875 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:24pmpost #90876 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:25pmpost #90877 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:28pmpost #90878 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:32pmpost #90879 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:44pmQuote:
That's the way it is in most countries.
Here is Julian Savea. He is naturally gifted at running over people.
Does that mean I think he's going to dominate the sport of table tennis if he gave up rugby?
Somehow I don't think he'd be particularly good at this:post #90880 of 1176663/31/13 at 4:45pmpost #90881 of 1176663/31/13 at 5:12pmHendrix, if there was the infrastructure/money/popularity to train in table tennis at an early age in the US, someone like him probably could become pretty good at it. When I referred to naturally gifted young athletes, I was referring to people whose physical gifts translate better to explosive sports. Sports like football and basketball highlight the disparity in physical ability between people. There are other sports that are more forgiving in that regard. You have to take body shape/etc. into account, but you could find some less popular sport equivalent such as wrestling or even shot put or something for someone like him.
Also Regis, did you order the purple Margiela shorts? They look pretty nice.post #90882 of 1176663/31/13 at 5:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by cyc wid it
Hendrix, if there was the infrastructure/money/popularity to train in table tennis at an early age in the US, someone like him probably could become pretty good at it. When I referred to naturally gifted young athletes, I was referring to people whose physical gifts translate better to explosive sports. You have to take body shape/etc. into account, but you could find some less popular sport equivalent such as wrestling or even shot put or something.
There's always more popular sports that take the best athletes in every country.
Here, rugby dominates. In eastern Europe olympic weightlifting has a large following. there are probably rugby players and weightlifters who could've been exceptional Gridiron players.
But they're not, and it's stupid to say "if we cared about it, New Zealand could produce teams that would smash the USA at American Football".post #90883 of 1176663/31/13 at 5:32pmpost #90884 of 1176663/31/13 at 5:34pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
Currently, there are 1029 Active Users (171 Members and 858 Guests)
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 8 seconds ago
- › Shoe purge. Saint Crispin's, Enzo Bonafè and Paraboot. 17 seconds ago
- › What to do with this orphaned black tuxedo jacket? Photos included 2 minutes ago
- › I think I hate San Francisco. 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 7 minutes ago
- › Massdrop - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 9 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 12 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 13 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?