or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6048  

post #90706 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

well if it's terrible i doubt my advisor would let me even try to defend it. if it's rejected you get another chance, but it's .. really bad. what generally happens is that you send the thesis to your readers 2-3 weeks before the defense, and at the defense they ask you questions and, if necessary, make suggestions. these could be as simple as grammatical changes or typo correction, or as complex as 'your argument here is weak, go back into the literature and provide more evidence.' even with corrections you can still pass, but it's on you make the edits before submitting the completed thesis to the archive, which is the final step.

every country and every discipline has different standards though.

That sounds like a PhD defense. Intense.

Here we just have it bound and hand in a couple of copies and hope for a good mark.
post #90707 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabonator View Post

How easy is it to buzz the sides yourself without messing it up?

i've been doing it since like 13 so pretty easy. don't even need a mirror in the back. i fade from 1.5-2 at the top down to no guard at the bottom. it's pretty hard to mess up. i know nothing about scissors or layering so i consult a professional for the long part.
post #90708 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

That sounds like a PhD defense. Intense.

Here we just have it bound and hand in a couple of copies and hope for a good mark.

it's similar to a phd defense, although the stakes and standards are presumably lower. i don't have to do competency exams/language exams either.
post #90709 of 117666
noone that I know that's doing a PhD had to do a language exam. Maybe we're different in science.

good stuff anyway. Finish it though. Get off styleforum. It's only 2 weeks of your life. Go do it now.
post #90710 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

noone that I know that's doing a PhD had to do a language exam. Maybe we're different in science.

good stuff anyway. Finish it though. Get off styleforum. It's only 2 weeks of your life. Go do it now.

on a break! i have about 110 pages written, and notes on 2 of my 3 chapters. i need to finish drafting my introduction and start the editing process this weekend, and have a full second draft by thursday.
post #90711 of 117666
Home in Brooklyn (LBM Epaulet/Epaulet/Yellow Hook/Somet/Alden):




Trip this AM to Queens Zoo: (Ercoles/Epaulet/Yellow Hook/Somet/Alden)




post #90712 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesyed View Post


I like the tie. not here but with black or grey slacks


*Jedi Mind Wipe*

No you do not.

post #90713 of 117666
Sounds like pretty serious business, Teger. Best of luck with it, I'm sure you'll do fine.

Will you post the finish thesis when you have it completed?
post #90714 of 117666
haha you don't want to read it. it's super boring

better pics from earlier:





geller sweatshirt
lvc tee
geller pants
cps
post #90715 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

great fit, shoreman. especially like the jacket.

Thx bro. Third try at a leather jacket and I think I got it right this time.

Denim better left long or cuffed (my usual)?
post #90716 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

He wanted to hide his identity. He has issues. Also you were preoccupied with a certain somebody. biggrin.gif
That was me to both. I liked your jacket and wanted to ask what it was but it was so loud with no place to step down

LOL it was just funny because tween was like OH HEYYY hi dude from last time okay bye. I felt bad though, because I was the one who asked him to call you out shog[1].gif

and TOJ will always be Tee-Oh-Jay for me. Tawj is weird to me. It was TOJ when I got my first TOJ piece and it will forever be remembered as TOJ. If the new models have John Coppidge written somewhere, maybe I'll switch camp.
post #90717 of 117666
Okay you do have broad shoulders, Teger

Mine naturally slope downard
post #90718 of 117666
yes i have strange proportions. really long torso, broad shoulders, big neck/back, short legs and big calves (no stacks for me frown.gif)
post #90719 of 117666
i liked your fit because of the dog.
post #90720 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander View Post




 

 

 

I love that blazer so much. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread