or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5994  

post #89896 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

someone tell me where to find really cool engineered garments blazer/jackets

synth, kop the nylon Bedford on TB, so cool

post #89897 of 117677
Looking good Bows - jacket looks great! Need to start getting more wear out of my MDR, but it's been so rainy here recently that I don't want to risk getting it soaked.

Anyway, boring black on black on black from me. Dior shirt, April 77 trousers, Margiela boots.

post #89898 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by bows1 View Post

First time wearing a hoodie in like 2 years. Its 50% Alpaca, 35% Merino Wool, 15% Tussah Silk. So soft and hairy shog[1].gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
TtPj1M6.jpg
PUe5Ok4.jpg
adhkCYsl.jpg

TOJ
Rogan
Rick
UU
MMM

Rad!

Serious question: your photos all have this effect where you are in focus, but the back ground is not in focus. Can this effect only be achieved with a DSLR, or are there settings that I can change to get the same effect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofyoung View Post

slstr, sick jacket
bows, sick hoodie
me, same old stuff blush.gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


I love that Scooby Doo is on in the background!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

I'm pro cigarette smoking because it means you all will die younger and lower my health care costs foo.giffoo.giffoo.gif

You're too smart to know that this isn't true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

someone tell me where to find really cool engineered garments blazer/jackets

Context Clothing, Bureau Belfast, Indigo and Cotton, Nepenthes (by phone order), Drinkwaters (by phone).
post #89899 of 117677
Guys, let's not get into a huff about this cigarette thing. It detracts from us finally knowing what Cam'Ron would look like in Ervell.
post #89900 of 117677
biggskip: a longterm study of the british health care system was recently released that shows in public health systems that smokers are a net positive to the system because the costs associated with their early deaths (even cancer treatment) are less than the end of life care costs would be.

also, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Finance_Balance_of_Smoking_in_the_Czech_Republic
post #89901 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

someone tell me where to find really cool engineered garments blazer/jackets

Have you actually owned/tried on any EG blazers or jackets? Per our discussion the other day, I don't know if your shoulders would jive with a lot of those cuts. I owned a cotton Bedford in a large and almost felt like the shoulders were too narrow on my, um, narrow shoulders.
post #89902 of 117677
yea I said this in the other thread, but synthese eg is not gonna fit you well. luckily lots of brands make the same kind of casual blazers. look at monitaly, newer WWM, levi's made and crafted, garbstore, folk, ts(s), mountain research, etc
post #89903 of 117677

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

post #89904 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggskip View Post

Rad!

Serious question: your photos all have this effect where you are in focus, but the back ground is not in focus. Can this effect only be achieved with a DSLR, or are there settings that I can change to get the same effect?

Using a long lens and a wide open f-stop achieves the shallow depth of field. So yes, without a DSLR you can do this, but you'd need to have a long lens. hth

This was shot with a 200mm at a 4 F-stop at 200th of a sec shutter speed.
post #89905 of 117677
^^ curious to see what that jacket would look like zipped up. looks a bit small in that pic
post #89906 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by APK View Post

Have you actually owned/tried on any EG blazers or jackets? Per our discussion the other day, I don't know if your shoulders would jive with a lot of those cuts. I owned a cotton Bedford in a large and almost felt like the shoulders were too narrow on my, um, narrow shoulders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

yea I said this in the other thread, but synthese eg is not gonna fit you well. luckily lots of brands make the same kind of casual blazers. look at monitaly, newer WWM, levi's made and crafted, garbstore, folk, ts(s), mountain research, etc

Thanks, guys. I'll check these out.
post #89907 of 117677
post #89908 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

biggskip: a longterm study of the british health care system was recently released that shows in public health systems that smokers are a net positive to the system because the costs associated with their early deaths (even cancer treatment) are less than the end of life care costs would be.

also, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Finance_Balance_of_Smoking_in_the_Czech_Republic

PM 2 b sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

yea I said this in the other thread, but synthese eg is not gonna fit you well. luckily lots of brands make the same kind of casual blazers. look at monitaly, newer WWM, levi's made and crafted, garbstore, folk, ts(s), mountain research, etc

isn't ts(s) supposed to be even narrower than EG?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bows1 View Post

Using a long lens and a wide open f-stop achieves the shallow depth of field. So yes, without a DSLR you can do this, but you'd need to have a long lens. hth

This was shot with a 200mm at a 4 F-stop at 200th of a sec shutter speed.

So you have to be able to change lenses on your camera then? Good to know.
post #89909 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

you should buy this http://www.yoox.com/us/41320548XJ/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=41320548XJ&sizeId= in the 42 (very expensive though frown.gif)

Pricey, and tan. Olive drab and I'd be interested. Is it silly that I could happily just keep buying Cloak outerwear?
post #89910 of 117677
in my experience ts(s) is not as narrow in the shoulder as EG.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread