wow. did this thread go downhill fast
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5874
Styleforum Top Pickspost #88097 of 1176662/27/13 at 11:33pmpost #88098 of 1176662/27/13 at 11:55pmpost #88099 of 1176662/28/13 at 12:06ampost #88100 of 1176662/28/13 at 12:44amFuuma, that looks really good.
Am I the only person who thought PF's fit was fine? I mean, the shoes were not, but if you traded them with some rick sneakers I think it would look really cool - comfortable, like glam gym-wear. Sweater length is a bit off-putting (shorter straight hem over dick flap), but that could just be the photo.post #88101 of 1176662/28/13 at 1:19amQuote:Originally Posted by Lane
the neg rep shit is dumb, I got neg rep bombed once by some redneck dudes, and then I got pos bombed by people who liked my fit on other sites, its exactly why I quit sufu cuz its so fail it has too many plebe retards whos knowledge doesnt go past supreme (that's not to say that is the general populace but it has a lot of em). Whole system revolves around popularity contests and shit, I don't even know how I have such a high ass rep honestly...post #88102 of 1176662/28/13 at 3:38amFuuma's fit looks so good because the leather, shoes, and probably those jeans have obviously been worn well
Too many fits with crispy looking clothes
There dude with the ToJ and the CPs a couple pages back was technically alright but not nearly the swagger. Wear your clothes!!post #88103 of 1176662/28/13 at 3:42ampost #88104 of 1176662/28/13 at 3:44amQuote:
and because nothing is too goddamn smallpost #88105 of 1176662/28/13 at 4:40am
Probably going to cop a lot of shit for this but seeing as you guys will give it to me straight - here goes. Cross post from the 'Post a question' thread.
...I'm looking for feedback please. Anyone who has noticed my presence in the WAYWT thread will know i've been told a million times to tailor my shirts. So I recently set out to do this for 2 of my cheaper shirts initially which I intend on wearing un-tucked. Background for those that are not familiar. I generally buy L size shirts to accommodate my chest/shoulders but would ideally wear an M for length in both shirt body and sleeves. Other than J.Crew/Gitman where I can wear an M, all others don't allow me to move my arms comfortably. I'm about 5'8/9 and 80KG/175lbs.This first shot is what I wore today as a comparison showing a shirt which has not been tailored. Same black Acne denim/Grenson shoes in all shots.This shirt is from Industrie and I had the sleeves and shirt shortened. No darts. Shirt cuff was taken as far as it could to allow the upper wrist button to be done up. This is a semi-fitted / slim shirt to begin with so I am happy with this. Looks very BOO in shape.This shirt is from APC and I had the sleeves and shirt shortened. WITH darts. Shirt cuff was fine so no issues there. Sleeves feel great. The issue is however that the shirt is a regular fit and therefore IMO looks a little silly shortened. Perhaps it can be salvaged by darting a little more aggressively or actually slimming the shirt down the sides. I should have bought an M and shortened the shirt a little less than this was done.Overall I am not really happy with the results. I think the tailor I went to is fine to do cuffs of pants, but struggles with the shapes of shirt bottoms. A more experienced tailor would probably have realised that the base of the shirts will 'float' and flop about without being tapered a little at the base sides.The white Industrie is fine IMO, but the APC will need this I think to be saved. It can also be easily tucked still (I checked). I'm wondering if I should be taking my 'untucked' shirts up quite this much? Thoughts?Appreciate that so many have said to shorten my shirts, but it looks like I'd need then to be quite slim to do this. Anything that is boxy/billowy or fuller in the chest/body needs a little more length to balance out. Not sure.
I think I just need to slim down a little and try get my ass into some more M shirts. Also, it's honestly a case of finding what suits / fits best. I can't expect everything I buy online to fit right off the bat. Gitman, Kitsune and a few others fit me quite well 'out of the box'. Other than in the sleeves which are easily fixed. Playing with the shirt length, taper and so on is troublesome. Lesson learned on these two. 2 tucking shirts now lol. Can probably get away with the white OCBD as an untucked shirt with a little darting but the APC is gone I think.
Now to find someone who has a little more experience with shortening shirts. I still have quite a few i'd like to get done - though not quite as short. Need the length it seems to stop me looking so square. However they still need to be short enough to not look too long/touch down to my crotch.post #88106 of 1176662/28/13 at 5:08amAll of them look too big in the shoulder and too long in the sleeve. The torso length in the bottom two looks fine to me - and better than in #1 - but if #3 feels too short in the body, it probably is. Considering that they look too big everywhere, why not just buy a size smaller? Also, maybe it's time to try some different brands. Marc x Marc Jacobs comes to mind as a cheap alternative.post #88107 of 1176662/28/13 at 5:19amWarmed up to about 7 degrees so I'm swaggerjacking Fuuma, needs a longer knit though
Actually didn't wear these shoes out either, put on boots because there's still 150cm of snow on the ground
Club Monaco (I think, no tags) knit
Bonus shot of the crazy snowfall last weekend
LL bean bootspost #88108 of 1176662/28/13 at 5:27ampost #88109 of 1176662/28/13 at 5:32ampost #88110 of 1176662/28/13 at 5:47am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 6 minutes ago
- › ***SW&D Photography Thread*** 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 10 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 18 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 21 minutes ago
- › NWT Ermenegildo Zegna Mila Fit Solid Charcoal Grey Multi Season... 33 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 43 minutes ago
- › What to do with this orphaned black tuxedo jacket? Photos included 44 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?