Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5868
Styleforum Top Picks
Got it. Having looked at my fit pic and seeing the feedback, I completely agree.
I had not realized it myself until it was mentioned. Above, not below the elbow.
Elisix, here's a thought: You seem to approach "layering" as something that will intrinsically make you more stylish. During an Australian summer, all that a tee under your button down is going to accomplish is making you hotter - it doesn't add visual interest all by itself, and a crew neck like that tends to do nothing more than make the wearer look sloppy. In addition, plaids (at least, those that you have been choosing) are a pretty traditional "fall" pattern - not a problem as such, but combined with your usual choice of autumnally-colored chinos (and shoes, come to think of it), you end up looking pretty seasonably inappropriate. Again, this doesn't particularly matter, but if you're looking to add interest to your biz-cas wardrobe, simply altering the colors (or the lengths) of your garments and putting on an extra shirt isn't going to change anything.
I would suggest that you look to posters like RegisDB9, FlyingLotus, Hendrix, and conceptual_forest (just to name a random few) for some varying ideas on material and silhouette choice. Why not try, for example, light blue linen trousers, canvas oxfords, and a silk-blend shirt? I'd also stop cuffing the chinos - either let them stack, because they're slim enough (and I'd give this a shot first), or hem them. The awkward cuff that sits on top of your shoes doesn't look good. Finally, I'd also suggest exploring other blazer options. The few that you've posted have all had relatively high buttoning stances (this could be camera angle; it's hard to tell), and it doesn't do your stocky upper half any favors (no hate, I avoid them). Maybe try something lower. Margiela is the very obvious example, but I'm sure there are more, and if you're not tall they might overwhelm you.
Thanks Synth. I have a lot of respect for you (great tone and manner) and your fits (they just look great), so I appreciate you taking the time to write the above. Honestly, it's not that I see layering exactly as you describe, but I do see it as a tool which allows one to add texture and detail to a fit. Clearly, I may not be executing it correctly (crew neck t) however that is my thought process when chucking on the T. I personally don't feel that it made me look sloppy, but I agree that it did not add anything to the fit (other than additional warmth).
With regard to the seasonal colors and patterns I wear, I can only say that it is because Sydney experiences Summer for most of the year. While it does get colder and wetter in some months, it's not uncommon to still have 30+ degree days in the middle of these periods. Add to this the fact that I enjoy wearing color and am still in the process of experimenting and learning. Most people on the forum post fits from various seasons of the year, however I will almost always be posting as if it were the warmer months for the USA/Europe - and this will subsequently look seasonally inappropriate. Still, I appreciate your thoughts on my choices there.
there was a post later explaining the bannings. apparently it wasnt haploid but ddml (?) denim destoyred my life or summit.
man i don't go to sufu often enough
wild bill tho is awesome. posts all the favorite designer shows
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 2 minutes ago
- › Meermin MTO Suede Adelaide --- Thread for those ordering. 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 8 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)