Still available in sizes 46 and 48 from Roden Gray
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5867post #87991 of 1176682/27/13 at 12:52pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #87992 of 1176682/27/13 at 12:54pmpost #87993 of 1176682/27/13 at 12:57pmpost #87994 of 1176682/27/13 at 1:01pmpost #87995 of 1176682/27/13 at 1:07pmpost #87996 of 1176682/27/13 at 1:21pmpost #87997 of 1176682/27/13 at 1:36pmQuote:
The fact that you counted the number of thumbs/reps that our respective posts got and use it to validate anything makes you a rather sad human being, but in reality I actually agree with this:Quote:Originally Posted by mike868y
I don't understand the Sufu/sf hate. They're fundamentally different concepts, and there's no reason why there needs to be so much animosity between the two. Fwiw, most of this seems to be coming from Sufu people who act superior to styleforum. There are good and bad posters on both.post #87998 of 1176682/27/13 at 1:47pmpost #87999 of 1176682/27/13 at 1:52pmpost #88000 of 1176682/27/13 at 1:53pmSuFu is pretty different. You get more extreme ends of the spectrum I think... more super drapey motherfuckers, more super high end designers, more super denim fetishists. SF breeds more middle ground type posters.post #88001 of 1176682/27/13 at 1:56pmpost #88002 of 1176682/27/13 at 2:00pmpost #88003 of 1176682/27/13 at 2:11pmpost #88004 of 1176682/27/13 at 2:23pmpost #88005 of 1176682/27/13 at 2:35pmQuote:
Got it. Having looked at my fit pic and seeing the feedback, I completely agree.
I had not realized it myself until it was mentioned. Above, not below the elbow.Quote:Originally Posted by Synthese
Elisix, here's a thought: You seem to approach "layering" as something that will intrinsically make you more stylish. During an Australian summer, all that a tee under your button down is going to accomplish is making you hotter - it doesn't add visual interest all by itself, and a crew neck like that tends to do nothing more than make the wearer look sloppy. In addition, plaids (at least, those that you have been choosing) are a pretty traditional "fall" pattern - not a problem as such, but combined with your usual choice of autumnally-colored chinos (and shoes, come to think of it), you end up looking pretty seasonably inappropriate. Again, this doesn't particularly matter, but if you're looking to add interest to your biz-cas wardrobe, simply altering the colors (or the lengths) of your garments and putting on an extra shirt isn't going to change anything.
I would suggest that you look to posters like RegisDB9, FlyingLotus, Hendrix, and conceptual_forest (just to name a random few) for some varying ideas on material and silhouette choice. Why not try, for example, light blue linen trousers, canvas oxfords, and a silk-blend shirt? I'd also stop cuffing the chinos - either let them stack, because they're slim enough (and I'd give this a shot first), or hem them. The awkward cuff that sits on top of your shoes doesn't look good. Finally, I'd also suggest exploring other blazer options. The few that you've posted have all had relatively high buttoning stances (this could be camera angle; it's hard to tell), and it doesn't do your stocky upper half any favors (no hate, I avoid them). Maybe try something lower. Margiela is the very obvious example, but I'm sure there are more, and if you're not tall they might overwhelm you.
Thanks Synth. I have a lot of respect for you (great tone and manner) and your fits (they just look great), so I appreciate you taking the time to write the above. Honestly, it's not that I see layering exactly as you describe, but I do see it as a tool which allows one to add texture and detail to a fit. Clearly, I may not be executing it correctly (crew neck t) however that is my thought process when chucking on the T. I personally don't feel that it made me look sloppy, but I agree that it did not add anything to the fit (other than additional warmth).
With regard to the seasonal colors and patterns I wear, I can only say that it is because Sydney experiences Summer for most of the year. While it does get colder and wetter in some months, it's not uncommon to still have 30+ degree days in the middle of these periods. Add to this the fact that I enjoy wearing color and am still in the process of experimenting and learning. Most people on the forum post fits from various seasons of the year, however I will almost always be posting as if it were the warmer months for the USA/Europe - and this will subsequently look seasonally inappropriate. Still, I appreciate your thoughts on my choices there.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › The "Actively Discovering 'New' Brands" Thread 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Black Magic Specialist In Goa +91-9680462195 3 minutes ago
- › NSW vs Queensland Live - Xbox One - Media Gallery. 3 minutes ago
- › Black Magic Specialist In Surat +91-9680462195 3 minutes ago
- › +91-9680462195 Black Magic Specialist In Bangla desh 3 minutes ago
- › +91-9680462195 Black Magic Specialist In Bangla desh 3 minutes ago
- › Black Magic Specialist In U.s.a +91-9680462195 3 minutes ago
- › Black Magic Specialist In U.p. +91-9680462195 4 minutes ago
- › Black Magic Specialist In M.p. +91-9680462195 4 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan