But, but, but... the light is shining from behind the camera...?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 8/5/15 at 11:44am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5851post #87751 of 1176682/25/13 at 11:19am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #87752 of 1176682/25/13 at 11:22ampost #87753 of 1176682/25/13 at 11:36amQuote:Originally Posted by InHocSignio
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ouch, that is honestly the most hurtful thing that anyone's ever done to me online. I never thought "Internet stuff" would affect me -- insults don't really -- but truly for like an hour or two after I read this comment I was very sad. Now I'm mostly tired, but yeah, this was definitely unexpected.
I suppose SVB might have little reason to suspect it, but his style and one other person's actually inspired lots of my recent clothing purchases. Pics from his Tumblr come up alot when you search #SNSHerning there, and I actually copped my Stark because I saw a "normal looking person" could wear it. Tons of fit pics in different colors, and I just loved the versatility of how he wore it. I also just bought my first piece from Epaulet, mint green rivet chinos, because and another poster with a Tumlbr I respected seem to buy alot from there. Both seemed to dress well without their clothes overwhelming their personalities, and I liked that I might still look even better than I had while remaining myself. I was even feeling particularly warm toward this poster because of this inspiring story about his style transformation, hoping I might eventually achieve the same transition; that's why I was concerned to see that he agreed I was "trolling", and why I wanted to understand things with a PM.
Now I wonder how that guy and this guy are the same person. The joke is definitely on my dumb ass.
Dude, I gave you the option to say "fuck off, I don't know you." I could understand that; no one needs groupies, and maybe there are legitimate reasons not to engage a potential troll. But to repost a long personal message asking for genuine advice in full? To dress the part of a gentleman and not play it? Yeah, trust me, I'm not skilled enough to be on that superduper next level troll shit to calculate that SVB would refan this petty drama for all to see, when I genuinely tried to bow out.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)But there is a silver lining to all this. SVB has driven away the troll! There are only a few others who could have done it; you've found the fucking magic beans, you piece of shit. What's up is down and what's down is up and I can't tell if I'm being driven by people looking for "value" by investing in quality "pieces", or being driven down the river toward the heart of darkness by petty, truly nasty pieces of work.
Dude... I'm on your side. I was saying that I don't think you're a troll. I understand where you're coming from. Life got better for me once I stopped caring so much about SF.post #87754 of 1176682/25/13 at 11:36amQuote:
You look fucking legit. Keep the beard, and the clothes.post #87755 of 1176682/25/13 at 12:35pmpost #87756 of 1176682/25/13 at 12:37pmpost #87757 of 1176682/25/13 at 12:39pmpost #87758 of 1176682/25/13 at 12:46pmpost #87759 of 1176682/25/13 at 1:03pm
i'll defer to synth for a real discussion on quality, but I'm very happy with the purchase. super warm, fits well, 100% wool. i can see myself layering this with pretty much anything I own, which is awesome. when i have more than $11 in my bank account, i'll likely order another one in a different color.post #87760 of 1176682/25/13 at 1:09pmpost #87761 of 1176682/25/13 at 1:11pmpost #87762 of 1176682/25/13 at 1:12pmThat's pretty much it. It's definitely a "heritage" fit; loose in the pits with a dropped shoulder and a generous midsection. Thick wool, pretty scratchy. pretty long fibers, it seems - I have seen zero pilling so far, which is impressive, although I wouldn't say I wear it all that regularly. It's certainly a warm piece, and it barely fits under any of my jackets. I own almost no knitwear, though, so I'm far from an expert.post #87763 of 1176682/25/13 at 1:25pmpost #87764 of 1176682/25/13 at 1:37pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 13 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 16 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 22 minutes ago
- › Inverallan 26 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 26 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 33 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 35 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 38 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 40 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015