But, but, but... the light is shining from behind the camera...?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5851
Styleforum Top Picks
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ouch, that is honestly the most hurtful thing that anyone's ever done to me online. I never thought "Internet stuff" would affect me -- insults don't really -- but truly for like an hour or two after I read this comment I was very sad. Now I'm mostly tired, but yeah, this was definitely unexpected.
I suppose SVB might have little reason to suspect it, but his style and one other person's actually inspired lots of my recent clothing purchases. Pics from his Tumblr come up alot when you search #SNSHerning there, and I actually copped my Stark because I saw a "normal looking person" could wear it. Tons of fit pics in different colors, and I just loved the versatility of how he wore it. I also just bought my first piece from Epaulet, mint green rivet chinos, because and another poster with a Tumlbr I respected seem to buy alot from there. Both seemed to dress well without their clothes overwhelming their personalities, and I liked that I might still look even better than I had while remaining myself. I was even feeling particularly warm toward this poster because of this inspiring story about his style transformation, hoping I might eventually achieve the same transition; that's why I was concerned to see that he agreed I was "trolling", and why I wanted to understand things with a PM.
Now I wonder how that guy and this guy are the same person. The joke is definitely on my dumb ass.
Dude, I gave you the option to say "fuck off, I don't know you." I could understand that; no one needs groupies, and maybe there are legitimate reasons not to engage a potential troll. But to repost a long personal message asking for genuine advice in full? To dress the part of a gentleman and not play it? Yeah, trust me, I'm not skilled enough to be on that superduper next level troll shit to calculate that SVB would refan this petty drama for all to see, when I genuinely tried to bow out.
Ignoring the opinions of people like caseyfud, a moral midget whose opinion I could give two shits about, I'm getting the impression CDHagg, Tiralleur, and a few others think that to finally get to that next level one has to become to an asshole. That's what this means, right: "My gut tells me he's legit. I used to have the same mindset/attitude, and I wasn't trolling."? Ah, as soon I've "made it", I'll stop being so damn pretentious and start punking noobs with the vigor of the truly enlightened. Why? All my original point, after being flamed, was I don't get why the few obnoxious posters in this thread have to ruin how others get their advice.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Dude... I'm on your side. I was saying that I don't think you're a troll. I understand where you're coming from. Life got better for me once I stopped caring so much about SF.
You look fucking legit. Keep the beard, and the clothes.
i'll defer to synth for a real discussion on quality, but I'm very happy with the purchase. super warm, fits well, 100% wool. i can see myself layering this with pretty much anything I own, which is awesome. when i have more than $11 in my bank account, i'll likely order another one in a different color.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Spectator Porn 7 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 9 minutes ago
- › jogos de carros 12 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 13 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)