Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 10/16/12 at 7:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5848
Styleforum Top Picks
Ouch, that is honestly the most hurtful thing that anyone's ever done to me online. I never thought "Internet stuff" would affect me -- insults don't really -- but truly for like an hour or two after I read this comment I was very sad. Now I'm mostly tired, but yeah, this was definitely unexpected.
I suppose SVB might have little reason to suspect it, but his style and one other person's actually inspired lots of my recent clothing purchases. Pics from his Tumblr come up alot when you search #SNSHerning there, and I actually copped my Stark because I saw a "normal looking person" could wear it. Tons of fit pics in different colors, and I just loved the versatility of how he wore it. I also just bought my first piece from Epaulet, mint green rivet chinos, because and another poster with a Tumlbr I respected seem to buy alot from there. Both seemed to dress well without their clothes overwhelming their personalities, and I liked that I might still look even better than I had while remaining myself. I was even feeling particularly warm toward this poster because of this inspiring story about his style transformation, hoping I might eventually achieve the same transition; that's why I was concerned to see that he agreed I was "trolling", and why I wanted to understand things with a PM.
Now I wonder how that guy and this guy are the same person. The joke is definitely on my dumb ass.
Dude, I gave you the option to say "fuck off, I don't know you." I could understand that; no one needs groupies, and maybe there are legitimate reasons not to engage a potential troll. But to repost a long personal message asking for genuine advice in full? To dress the part of a gentleman and not play it? Yeah, trust me, I'm not skilled enough to be on that superduper next level troll shit to calculate that SVB would refan this petty drama for all to see, when I genuinely tried to bow out.
Ignoring the opinions of people like caseyfud, a moral midget whose opinion I could give two shits about, I'm getting the impression CDHagg, Tiralleur, and a few others think that to finally get to that next level one has to become to an asshole. That's what this means, right: "My gut tells me he's legit. I used to have the same mindset/attitude, and I wasn't trolling."? Ah, as soon I've "made it", I'll stop being so damn pretentious and start punking noobs with the vigor of the truly enlightened. Why? All my original point, after being flamed, was I don't get why the few obnoxious posters in this thread have to ruin how others get their advice.
But there is a silver lining to all this. SVB has driven away the troll! There are only a few others who could have done it; you've found the fucking magic beans, you piece of shit. What's up is down and what's down is up and I can't tell if I'm being driven by people looking for "value" by investing in quality "pieces", or being driven down the river toward the heart of darkness by petty, truly nasty pieces of work.
While you may not mean to, I think that your posts tend to be extremely OTT and emotional. I can see why some feel that your posts are trolling - even if you are not intending to.
The reality is from my perspective, that while you do raise some valid points, some which i've raised myself regarding attitudes and so on, trying to argue with the members in this thread or showing your feelings is only going to bring you more grief. I too dislike the harsh and rude people, but there is also a significant amount of truth to what they say most of the time. Even if I don't always 'get it'.
All you can do, well I should say all I am trying to do, is read, learn and hopefully implement. It takes longer than some here would like, and I show fits more often than most others, but in time I trust that the pieces will fall into place. I've also got a lot of respect for SVB, Synth and the other guys who dress similarly to what I see for myself - but I think you need to roll with the punches a little more.
Looks great. Nice to see the CR chinos. I had not considered them in the past but I will take a closer look.
I actually tried to achieve something similar on the weekend - though no where near as successful.
Am still waiting to get through hemming all of my denim/chinos so these are still cuffed for now. Anyway, great fit.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- › Official Sales Alert thread 37 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 45 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 46 seconds ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 54 seconds ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 56 seconds ago
- › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part II 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 2 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw