Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5847post #87691 of 1176662/25/13 at 12:50ampost #87692 of 1176662/25/13 at 12:57ampost #87693 of 1176662/25/13 at 1:01ampost #87694 of 1176662/25/13 at 1:18ampost #87695 of 1176662/25/13 at 1:27ampost #87696 of 1176662/25/13 at 1:56ampost #87697 of 1176662/25/13 at 4:42amQuote:Originally Posted by InHocSignio
Ouch, that is honestly the most hurtful thing that anyone's ever done to me online. I never thought "Internet stuff" would affect me -- insults don't really -- but truly for like an hour or two after I read this comment I was very sad. Now I'm mostly tired, but yeah, this was definitely unexpected.
I suppose SVB might have little reason to suspect it, but his style and one other person's actually inspired lots of my recent clothing purchases. Pics from his Tumblr come up alot when you search #SNSHerning there, and I actually copped my Stark because I saw a "normal looking person" could wear it. Tons of fit pics in different colors, and I just loved the versatility of how he wore it. I also just bought my first piece from Epaulet, mint green rivet chinos, because and another poster with a Tumlbr I respected seem to buy alot from there. Both seemed to dress well without their clothes overwhelming their personalities, and I liked that I might still look even better than I had while remaining myself. I was even feeling particularly warm toward this poster because of this inspiring story about his style transformation, hoping I might eventually achieve the same transition; that's why I was concerned to see that he agreed I was "trolling", and why I wanted to understand things with a PM.
Now I wonder how that guy and this guy are the same person. The joke is definitely on my dumb ass.
Dude, I gave you the option to say "fuck off, I don't know you." I could understand that; no one needs groupies, and maybe there are legitimate reasons not to engage a potential troll. But to repost a long personal message asking for genuine advice in full? To dress the part of a gentleman and not play it? Yeah, trust me, I'm not skilled enough to be on that superduper next level troll shit to calculate that SVB would refan this petty drama for all to see, when I genuinely tried to bow out.
Ignoring the opinions of people like caseyfud, a moral midget whose opinion I could give two shits about, I'm getting the impression CDHagg, Tiralleur, and a few others think that to finally get to that next level one has to become to an asshole. That's what this means, right: "My gut tells me he's legit. I used to have the same mindset/attitude, and I wasn't trolling."? Ah, as soon I've "made it", I'll stop being so damn pretentious and start punking noobs with the vigor of the truly enlightened. Why? All my original point, after being flamed, was I don't get why the few obnoxious posters in this thread have to ruin how others get their advice.
But there is a silver lining to all this. SVB has driven away the troll! There are only a few others who could have done it; you've found the fucking magic beans, you piece of shit. What's up is down and what's down is up and I can't tell if I'm being driven by people looking for "value" by investing in quality "pieces", or being driven down the river toward the heart of darkness by petty, truly nasty pieces of work.
While you may not mean to, I think that your posts tend to be extremely OTT and emotional. I can see why some feel that your posts are trolling - even if you are not intending to.
The reality is from my perspective, that while you do raise some valid points, some which i've raised myself regarding attitudes and so on, trying to argue with the members in this thread or showing your feelings is only going to bring you more grief. I too dislike the harsh and rude people, but there is also a significant amount of truth to what they say most of the time. Even if I don't always 'get it'.
All you can do, well I should say all I am trying to do, is read, learn and hopefully implement. It takes longer than some here would like, and I show fits more often than most others, but in time I trust that the pieces will fall into place. I've also got a lot of respect for SVB, Synth and the other guys who dress similarly to what I see for myself - but I think you need to roll with the punches a little more.Quote:
Looks great. Nice to see the CR chinos. I had not considered them in the past but I will take a closer look.
I actually tried to achieve something similar on the weekend - though no where near as successful.
Am still waiting to get through hemming all of my denim/chinos so these are still cuffed for now. Anyway, great fit.post #87698 of 1176662/25/13 at 5:10ampost #87699 of 1176662/25/13 at 5:13ampost #87700 of 1176662/25/13 at 5:16ampost #87701 of 1176662/25/13 at 5:26ampost #87702 of 1176662/25/13 at 5:41ampost #87703 of 1176662/25/13 at 5:47ampost #87704 of 1176662/25/13 at 5:48ampost #87705 of 1176662/25/13 at 5:56am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Herring Shoes - Experiences? 47 seconds ago
- › 2015-2016 Official Football / Soccer Thread 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 1 minute ago
- › Cheaney 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 10 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Dior Homme B48 Leather Hi-Top Sneaker, Slimane Era 12 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron 22 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 28 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding