Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 10/6/14 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5840
Styleforum Top Picks
Agree in obviously you haven't been lurking very long.
I thought the newcomers fit looked great, but why is it that like 90% of the approved fits in this thread are three tone monochrome grey/white/black? Sure, that aesthetic works, but it works better for 1) people in highly urban environments, where there is a lot of grey and black to match as background, 2) where there's a lot of cloud cover, so that the austerity of the fit doesn't clash with the "mood" of the day. I mean, sure we have a few stragglers like that guy in England who consistently posts fits with lots of tweed, Barbour, English heritage looking items, but mostly it's "all black everything" here. Is color somehow not timeless? Is wearing some bright gingham/madras/poplin in spring somehow gauche? I don't get it. This thread is just as "uniform"-y as an equivalent thread over at Reddit MFA, but it's not acknowledged here. Even if that aesthetic was the most appealing to me, it's pretty scary for me also to appreciate how expensive that monochromacity is to build. (I totally don't understand the cost structure of that sort of fashion.)
I just really like monochromatic colors
I wear plenty of color stuff too - but I enjoy the simplicity and sharp contrasts of grays/blacks/and whites. I simply chose to post that fit because I really enjoy the cut of the toj and pants, I like the stark contrast between black and white, and I feel that it's fun to play with monochromatic colors and see if I can make them interesting and wearable without being too plain or boring.
Regarding quote I disagree.
I've always seen it as funny accepted and mentioned that many of us wear the SF-uniform 2013/12/11/10...
I just took a look at what he had available on the bolt and chose something that I thought would work well!!
Neither are you, you of 15,000 low-quality posts (Christ!) and a lot of money to burn. Here might be one reason I may have missed such apparently oft-asked question: The pictures in this thread are not exactly easy to keep up with, and it certainly isn't a pleasure to read. Too many times one can look forward to a poster of your calibre randomly flaming, or perhaps two other posters engaging in a truly epic five-page battle over some bullshit, that is when some other guy isn't giving a five-word "suck/fail" declaratory judgment. It tends to get tiring -- I'm sure someone of your patience can understand that -- so I stick to the WAYWT without words. I thought I might venture in here for a bit, but that was clearly a mistake.
2. If his posts bother you that much use the ignore function.
3. I don't dress like Brad. I don't agree with Brad on a lot of stuff. He's still been helpful to me personally. It's not a big deal.
4. What the fuck do you expect from this forum? Every single post to be met with a detailed critique/advice?
Should be a divisive fit. First time wearing a hat in like 10 years
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Pants are too tight and makes the shoes look humongous, hat doesn't work as well I'm afraid. The jacket does also look a bit too small.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Viberg Boots 47 seconds ago
- › MAJOR DROP! GRAIL! STUNNING Irish tweed coat with "fur" collar and... 2 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Why i will never buy from Oki Ni again. 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › General Bike Thread (Desiderata, questions, porn) 12 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...