or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5807  

post #87091 of 117668

To get feedback just post something that's either a) egregiously bad, or b) the same thing in a different palette ten days in a row. Look how well it works for the current whipping boys! teacha.gif

post #87092 of 117668
A pair of fits from this past weekend.

AppleMark


AppleMark
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Figured you guys might get a kick out of the second fit laugh.gif
post #87093 of 117668
feedback:

good stuff.
post #87094 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

DENIM AND A FLANNEL??? NO THUMBS FOR ME.

ps: ellisix these are those grenson shoes you own, but these are better because they're not ugly shoes, but rather boots.





j crew x thom browne x triple works x grenson

 

photo 0D788C8A-E490-46CC-8592-F3D86B19EB2C-1336-000000A29852E50A.jpg
 

Teger you make me laugh mate. So we're wearing the same shoes in the above fits, however yours is a boot, but mine is ugly and yours is not? lol - come on. 

 

Taking this particular fit of yours as an example, you look slouchy and the cardigan is unflattering IMO.

 

Ultimately though, I do not see much difference between our fits other than the cardigan and the fact that I prefer to wear brighter colours. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post


the reason that people, including myself, have been so harsh to him is that he can in here with a 'take it or leave it i'm ~ elisix ~' attitude that's annoying. there's nothing more irritating than that false sense of bravado that new posters who don't get rave reviews have, the whole "I don't care what you say I'm not here for your advice I'm secure" when it's clearly not true.

 

This is bullshit. I think you should get over yourself. 

post #87095 of 117668
as i've said before, the reason mine are better is because proportionally it looks better as a boot - the shoe is unbalanced because of how thick the commando sole is. in the boot, with the extended shaft, it makes more sense.

but i think what you posted says everything better than i could shog[1].gif
post #87096 of 117668
that Teger fit shits all over you elisix. however, I declare the daily discussion about elisix to be over. Shut the fuck up, everyone
post #87097 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

feedback:

good stuff.

At me? Thanks dude. I think I'm gonna start taking a cue from you and begin messing around with more colorful stuff. I tend to wear lots of blacks and greys but sometimes I imagine it'd be fun to Miami Vice it up a bit, though I'd have to wait for spring to really kick into that gear.
post #87098 of 117668

Teger you cannot even tell that I am wearing a shoe compared to your boot. You are an asshole for the sake of it. 

 

And if that fit shits all over mine, then I am obviously fucken mistaken. I do not see it.

 

That's not say that I think mine is particularly special, but it certainly doesn't look like shit by comparison in my eyes.

post #87099 of 117668
Reposting this. RIP to Who's hair.

post #87100 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

DENIM AND A FLANNEL??? NO THUMBS FOR ME.

ps: ellisix these are those grenson shoes you own, but these are better because they're not ugly shoes, but rather boots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

as i've said before, the reason mine are better is because proportionally it looks better as a boot:

This is not advice, this is not critique or commentary. This is just you being a wanker. Why don't you comment on the actual reasons for his fit being off rather than just calling his shit ugly and your stuff nice?

Your grensons are not better and I have no idea why you feel the need to proclaim that they are. We can't even tell that they're a boot in the picture. There is no proportion to worry about underneath your jeans.

That said, I don't really like either, and I strongly dislike the burnishing on the toe.
post #87101 of 117668

Hendrix, close up they look like this.

photo 544B23C6-2B2A-48ED-8AFC-256F150E838E-11461-0000061C192E6C91.jpg

post #87102 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisiX View Post

Teger you cannot even tell that I am wearing a shoe compared to your boot. You are an asshole for the sake of it. 

And if that fit shits all over mine, then I am obviously fucken mistaken. I do not see it.

That's not say that I think mine is particularly special, but it certainly doesn't look like shit by comparison in my eyes.

I am going to try to give you reasonable advice one last time, then I'm going to ignore you.

Your fits are never awful, but they're never great. They walk this tacky GQ middleground occupied by most people who are interested in "fashion" in the broad sense because men's fashion is culturally en vogue right now, and there's lot of media attention devoted to the idea of guys dressing well.

Your fit highlights the issues you have well. You don't have a good sense of proportion, context or color.

The madras shirt doesn't work with the dark khaki of the jacket, and the way you rolled up the sleeve is unflattering and doesn't particularly make sense -- why are you doing that? I also hate the air-tie effect with that shirt.. it just looks strange.

The fit of the jacket is also strange. It's just boring. It'd be better if it was .. something. Slightly oversized, really slim.. just something to work with.

The jeans are nondescript.

This is how I'd "style" this:

madras shirt, sleeves rolled up with two buttons undone, white pants cuffed at the ankle and a pair of darker brown shoes.
post #87103 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyfud View Post

Reposting this. RIP to Who's hair.


Oh my god I completely forgot about this.


But I swear guys, it was the mirror angle—I SWEAR IT. YOU'VE GOT TO BELIEVE ME.

goodbye pride
post #87104 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post


This is not advice, this is not critique or commentary. This is just you being a wanker. Why don't you comment on the actual reasons for his fit being off rather than just calling his shit ugly and your stuff nice?

Your grensons are not better and I have no idea why you feel the need to proclaim that they are. We can't even tell that they're a boot in the picture. There is no proportion to worry about underneath your jeans.

That said, I don't really like either, and I strongly dislike the burnishing on the toe.

I have given him long posts of detailed critique and advice and he's ignored them. And I just did it again. So...

I'm also not trying to be a dick about the shoes. I don't think they work as a shoe. the angle of the toe, the chunkiness of the commando sole.. it looks better as a boot.
post #87105 of 117668

That's specific feedback. Thank you.

 

Now please ignore me. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread