Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5799post #86971 of 1176682/17/13 at 8:57pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #86972 of 1176682/18/13 at 12:40amQuote:
Similar yes I suppose. However I am trying to go for a cleaner, more fitted look when I do dress business casual.Today.CalibreJ.CrewIndustrieMr HareCouple of points having come home and taken the shots just now.1. Should have been wearing brown shoes (not sneakers and no Vibram sole )2. As I don't have brown suede shoes, I should have worn a darker shoe at least.3. Shirt sleeves still need taking up.4. I think I should be wearing proper trousers, not slim chinos with a fit like this.post #86973 of 1176682/18/13 at 3:35amQuote:
That's why his works and yours usually don't. You're trying to wear your casual clothes like you would wear a suit. You need to adjust to the more relaxed conventions of casual dress. Lots of people in the MC forum struggle with this and that's why you look like them. Just having a loose break in your pants and wearing beat up dress shoes (see stiker's) will relax the whole fit and make you look a lot more comfortable.Quote:
Couple of points having come home and taken the shots just now.
1. Should have been wearing brown shoes (not sneakers and no Vibram sole )
2. As I don't have brown suede shoes, I should have worn a darker shoe at least.
3. Shirt sleeves still need taking up.
4. I think I should be wearing proper trousers, not slim chinos with a fit like this.
Why post a fit just to say you should have worn different shoes, pants and shirt?post #86974 of 1176682/18/13 at 3:40ampost #86975 of 1176682/18/13 at 3:55ampost #86976 of 1176682/18/13 at 3:59ampost #86977 of 1176682/18/13 at 4:24ampost #86978 of 1176682/18/13 at 4:41ampost #86979 of 1176682/18/13 at 4:47am
That's actually something i've also thought and have begun recently reading the significant amount of information available in that thread.
I think initially I am looking to replace my slim chino's with some straighter leg trousers which should help with the business casual looks for work.
Weekend/casual day's I need to loosen up a little. I can see how sometimes my fits can come across quite stiff.post #86980 of 1176682/18/13 at 4:48amQuote:
Well, my Ann's have a high shaft and don't feel very summery to me.
I like the cordovan (?) there, the sheen makes the whole fit IMOpost #86981 of 1176682/18/13 at 7:39ampost #86982 of 1176682/18/13 at 7:49amQuote:
That's stupid just writing off a whole genre of shirting, some checkered shirts look great, but they're just quite boring and they're the ONLY shirts he wears, which is the problem, he needs to get something different and more interesting in his wardrobe because all his pieces just look... average.post #86983 of 1176682/18/13 at 7:54ampost #86984 of 1176682/18/13 at 8:16ampost #86985 of 1176682/18/13 at 9:09amQuote:Originally Posted by slstr
That's stupid just writing off a whole genre of shirting, some checkered shirts look great, but they're just quite boring and they're the ONLY shirts he wears, which is the problem, he needs to get something different and more interesting in his wardrobe because all his pieces just look... average.
lol sorry for upsetting you once again
I have no doubt there are nice ones, but meant that they're in general not very clean, and as you said often boring
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Watch Scotland VS Gibraltar Live Stream Game soccer Football 16 seconds ago
- › Watch Georgia VS Germany Live Stream Game soccer Football 41 seconds ago
- › Watch Northern Ireland VS Finland Live Stream Game soccer Football 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Need Supply - official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 -... 4 minutes ago
- › BNWT Boglioli Dover summer jacket size 46 EU 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...