Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on Today at 12:13 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5799post #86971 of 1176682/17/13 at 8:57pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #86972 of 1176682/18/13 at 12:40amQuote:
Similar yes I suppose. However I am trying to go for a cleaner, more fitted look when I do dress business casual.Today.CalibreJ.CrewIndustrieMr HareCouple of points having come home and taken the shots just now.1. Should have been wearing brown shoes (not sneakers and no Vibram sole )2. As I don't have brown suede shoes, I should have worn a darker shoe at least.3. Shirt sleeves still need taking up.4. I think I should be wearing proper trousers, not slim chinos with a fit like this.post #86973 of 1176682/18/13 at 3:35amQuote:
That's why his works and yours usually don't. You're trying to wear your casual clothes like you would wear a suit. You need to adjust to the more relaxed conventions of casual dress. Lots of people in the MC forum struggle with this and that's why you look like them. Just having a loose break in your pants and wearing beat up dress shoes (see stiker's) will relax the whole fit and make you look a lot more comfortable.Quote:
Couple of points having come home and taken the shots just now.
1. Should have been wearing brown shoes (not sneakers and no Vibram sole )
2. As I don't have brown suede shoes, I should have worn a darker shoe at least.
3. Shirt sleeves still need taking up.
4. I think I should be wearing proper trousers, not slim chinos with a fit like this.
Why post a fit just to say you should have worn different shoes, pants and shirt?post #86974 of 1176682/18/13 at 3:40ampost #86975 of 1176682/18/13 at 3:55ampost #86976 of 1176682/18/13 at 3:59ampost #86977 of 1176682/18/13 at 4:24ampost #86978 of 1176682/18/13 at 4:41ampost #86979 of 1176682/18/13 at 4:47am
That's actually something i've also thought and have begun recently reading the significant amount of information available in that thread.
I think initially I am looking to replace my slim chino's with some straighter leg trousers which should help with the business casual looks for work.
Weekend/casual day's I need to loosen up a little. I can see how sometimes my fits can come across quite stiff.post #86980 of 1176682/18/13 at 4:48amQuote:
Well, my Ann's have a high shaft and don't feel very summery to me.
I like the cordovan (?) there, the sheen makes the whole fit IMOpost #86981 of 1176682/18/13 at 7:39ampost #86982 of 1176682/18/13 at 7:49amQuote:
That's stupid just writing off a whole genre of shirting, some checkered shirts look great, but they're just quite boring and they're the ONLY shirts he wears, which is the problem, he needs to get something different and more interesting in his wardrobe because all his pieces just look... average.post #86983 of 1176682/18/13 at 7:54ampost #86984 of 1176682/18/13 at 8:16ampost #86985 of 1176682/18/13 at 9:09amQuote:Originally Posted by slstr
That's stupid just writing off a whole genre of shirting, some checkered shirts look great, but they're just quite boring and they're the ONLY shirts he wears, which is the problem, he needs to get something different and more interesting in his wardrobe because all his pieces just look... average.
lol sorry for upsetting you once again
I have no doubt there are nice ones, but meant that they're in general not very clean, and as you said often boring
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 10 seconds ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 44 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan