Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5788
Styleforum Top Pickspost #86807 of 1176662/16/13 at 7:20ampost #86808 of 1176662/16/13 at 7:33ampost #86809 of 1176662/16/13 at 7:47ampost #86810 of 1176662/16/13 at 8:15ampost #86811 of 1176662/16/13 at 8:25ampost #86812 of 1176662/16/13 at 8:44am
Jack Purcells are better built than most sneakers and more comfortable. The problem with Casey's sneakers is they are not very clean looking. If he wants the total white effect, he could go to a shoemaker, pay a few dollars, and paint the blue indentation in the front like I did.
Edited by Dudeasincool - 2/16/13 at 11:37ampost #86813 of 1176662/16/13 at 8:46amQuote:Originally Posted by APK
wurm, that just looks really, really cool. Good haircut, too. I was just talking about how that episode of Seinfeld where Jerry can't switch barbers because it'd be too awkward is so true. Lady I go to is OK, but I've been going to her since I was a kid and have left her shop a time or two wondering what my hair in another's hands would be like. That last part sounds way too sexual! All I mean is that I think I'm missing out on a GREAT haircuts.
thanks. regarding my hair, i used to wait until i went home to get my haircut (still undergrad for 2.5 months), but that's a poor strategy for anyone in college. i didn't realize how much i was missing until i tried someone else. like yours, my stylist was ok, but it would always feel like i was assessing the damage when i would look in the mirror rather than appreciating something refreshing.
i actually found the woman who cuts my hair now through yelp . she's really really good, and less expensive than the person who used to cut it (went up to $36 w/ 20% tip but still better than the $40 i paid before). i am told very often (mostly by girls) how nice my hair is, referring to texture and color. anyway, that might mean it's easier for any stylist to cut it successfully. still, i'll be sad when i have to find a new one since i always get haircuts i like. it's been 2 months since i last got one and it's grown out well, like it always does.
also, general hair talk: on the recommendation of others, a few months back i switched to using baking soda + water + a very small amount of shampoo instead of normal washing, but i'm pretty much done with that. it's been over a week since i last washed my hair with anything other than warm water and i don't see any reason to start again. it's a little bit oily, but that's good since my hair is really fine/soft and even a slight gust of air messes it up (i walk at least a few miles everyday). helps give it natural, consistent texture. i've also stopped using product, which saves a bit of money and hassle.
well, that was a longer response than i intended. i've been wanting a swd hair thread for a while, but i need to start a thread for shorts before i make one for hair. someone else should do it.post #86814 of 1176662/16/13 at 8:48ampost #86815 of 1176662/16/13 at 8:49ampost #86816 of 1176662/16/13 at 8:52ampost #86817 of 1176662/16/13 at 8:52ampost #86818 of 1176662/16/13 at 8:56ampost #86819 of 1176662/16/13 at 8:58am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 25 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 30 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 31 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 31 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 31 minutes ago
- › Edward Green (UK6 1/2E) Westminster 36 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?