Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/19/15 at 4:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5770post #86536 of 1176682/11/13 at 4:21pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #86537 of 1176682/11/13 at 4:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by Teger
my thesis is mainly about a german jewish intellectual named karl loewenstein. he was your typical leftist, and fled from hitler in 33, wound up in the us teaching at yale then amherst.
after immigrating he started writing a bunch of articles about 'militant democracy,' or the idea that fascism is able to subvert the democratic process - namely freedom of speech and proportional representation - and that democratic governments need to pass legislation suspending 'fundamental rights' in order to defeat fascism. he got more and more hysterical throughout the 1930s, and once ww2 started and france fell, started giving speeches about how america was about to fall to fascists and immediate steps needed to be taken to stop it. i have copies of letters from the attorney general to him basically saying 'we like your thinking, tell us more.' during the war he worked for the OSS, and after the war he was an interrogator at nuremburg until he (and all the jewish intellectuals) were driven out for being too fervent in denazification.
his ideas were incorporated into the new german constitution passed in 49, and he's becoming more and more relevant as western powers are struggling with how to deal with terrorism.
what sucks is i spend hours and hours working on this stuff, but nobody else knows/cares about it. very lonely.
if anyone wants to know more pm me and ill talk about this FOR HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS
I've always wondered how far we are going to go with this anti-terrorism shit. What you just wrote worries me, cuz it seems like everyone is willing to continually sacrifice freedom for the false guise of security.post #86538 of 1176682/11/13 at 5:08pmQuote:
it looks good, but pretty different from mine -- biggest difference is the proportions. I'm wearing a short blazer w/ a couple longer shirts underneath, and my trousers have a bit of a slight drop crotch (i feel stupid calling it a drop crotch because it's really not), whereas all your items have pretty "normal" proportions for what they are
all that + me being taller = different proportions, different look
edit: also in your case i feel a white shirt may have worked better for some contrast since both your jacket and pants are graypost #86539 of 1176682/11/13 at 5:10pmpost #86540 of 1176682/11/13 at 5:12pmpost #86541 of 1176682/11/13 at 5:12pmQuote:
The government is there to protect those who choose to let go of their moral freedoms.post #86542 of 1176682/11/13 at 5:14pmpost #86543 of 1176682/11/13 at 5:21pmpost #86544 of 1176682/11/13 at 5:34pmpost #86545 of 1176682/11/13 at 5:35pmpost #86546 of 1176682/11/13 at 5:41pmpost #86547 of 1176682/11/13 at 5:42pmpost #86548 of 1176682/11/13 at 6:09pmpost #86549 of 1176682/11/13 at 6:21pmpost #86550 of 1176682/11/13 at 6:32pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
Currently, there are 1407 Active Users (369 Members and 1038 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › XS Railcar Fine Goods X012 Deuce Jacket 14.75oz Denim 3 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge: Creative Business Casual 3 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...