Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5770post #86536 of 1176682/11/13 at 4:21pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #86537 of 1176682/11/13 at 4:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by Teger
my thesis is mainly about a german jewish intellectual named karl loewenstein. he was your typical leftist, and fled from hitler in 33, wound up in the us teaching at yale then amherst.
after immigrating he started writing a bunch of articles about 'militant democracy,' or the idea that fascism is able to subvert the democratic process - namely freedom of speech and proportional representation - and that democratic governments need to pass legislation suspending 'fundamental rights' in order to defeat fascism. he got more and more hysterical throughout the 1930s, and once ww2 started and france fell, started giving speeches about how america was about to fall to fascists and immediate steps needed to be taken to stop it. i have copies of letters from the attorney general to him basically saying 'we like your thinking, tell us more.' during the war he worked for the OSS, and after the war he was an interrogator at nuremburg until he (and all the jewish intellectuals) were driven out for being too fervent in denazification.
his ideas were incorporated into the new german constitution passed in 49, and he's becoming more and more relevant as western powers are struggling with how to deal with terrorism.
what sucks is i spend hours and hours working on this stuff, but nobody else knows/cares about it. very lonely.
if anyone wants to know more pm me and ill talk about this FOR HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS
I've always wondered how far we are going to go with this anti-terrorism shit. What you just wrote worries me, cuz it seems like everyone is willing to continually sacrifice freedom for the false guise of security.post #86538 of 1176682/11/13 at 5:08pmQuote:
it looks good, but pretty different from mine -- biggest difference is the proportions. I'm wearing a short blazer w/ a couple longer shirts underneath, and my trousers have a bit of a slight drop crotch (i feel stupid calling it a drop crotch because it's really not), whereas all your items have pretty "normal" proportions for what they are
all that + me being taller = different proportions, different look
edit: also in your case i feel a white shirt may have worked better for some contrast since both your jacket and pants are graypost #86539 of 1176682/11/13 at 5:10pmpost #86540 of 1176682/11/13 at 5:12pmpost #86541 of 1176682/11/13 at 5:12pmQuote:
The government is there to protect those who choose to let go of their moral freedoms.post #86542 of 1176682/11/13 at 5:14pmpost #86543 of 1176682/11/13 at 5:21pmpost #86544 of 1176682/11/13 at 5:34pmpost #86545 of 1176682/11/13 at 5:35pmpost #86546 of 1176682/11/13 at 5:41pmpost #86547 of 1176682/11/13 at 5:42pmpost #86548 of 1176682/11/13 at 6:09pmpost #86549 of 1176682/11/13 at 6:21pmpost #86550 of 1176682/11/13 at 6:32pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
Currently, there are 1816 Active Users (470 Members and 1346 Guests)
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 51 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY (really Saturday) CHALLENGE: March 28th: 50 Shades of Black Tie 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...