Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 12/5/16 at 11:05am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5754post #86296 of 1176662/10/13 at 3:04pmpost #86297 of 1176662/10/13 at 3:05pmThanks for the support noob. I actually did not get too upset with drews feedback. A little pissy for a fit feedback but it wasn't anything personal and while i think the suit looks great on my skin/love the tie, i did get some good advice. Especially the bit about the watch and knot.
I don't mind criticism if it helps me. Only reason i don't block brad. Jk jk.post #86298 of 1176662/10/13 at 3:07pmpost #86299 of 1176662/10/13 at 3:08pmpost #86300 of 1176662/10/13 at 3:15pmpost #86301 of 1176662/10/13 at 3:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by e0d9n0b5
Shryke, you should take some cues from beautiful stranger. you could have the same thing goin on p. easy i think.
this is probably my favorite fit ever http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa461/jostein-w/Streetstyle_Oslo_Jostein2.jpg
man in my head this was always WILD BILL
it's so freaking goodpost #86302 of 1176662/10/13 at 3:25pmQuote:
but on page 39 of the SW&D handbook it clearly states the only approved way to sluttify an outfit is by wearing a scoop-neck t-shirt
don't tell me you haven't been doing your readingpost #86303 of 1176662/10/13 at 3:28pmQuote:
Agree with this, however I personally feel that it is completely unnecessary to be rude when providing criticism on a fit. In many ways I asked to be criticized by being ignorant and unaware and I accept that. However there seems to be an elitist undertone from a small minority in this thread who make a lot of noise. Being a dickhead on the internet doesn't make anyone look good - there's no prize for being a rude prick in life. Those who do not have a thick skin like the loud people here do, might be reluctant to contribute at all. I don't see that as a good thing.post #86304 of 1176662/10/13 at 3:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by elisiX
Agree with this, however I personally feel that it is completely unnecessary to be rude when providing criticism on a fit. In many ways I asked to be criticized by being ignorant and unaware and I accept that. However there seems to be an elitist undertone from a small minority in this thread who make a lot of noise.
Being a dickhead on the internet doesn't make anyone look good - there's no prize for being a rude prick in life. Those who do not have a thick skin like the loud people here do, might be reluctant to contribute at all. I don't see that as a good thing.
As I've said several times, the reason I am a dick to you is because you expect the posters in this thread to act like your personal stylists. While this thread does exist to provide feedback and help people develop their style, it only does so to a point -- and when you repeatedly ignore the advice given to you, and post the same thing with the same problems over and over (and in a format that a. emphasizes your expensive watches in a tacky way, and b. that makes it impossible to tell what you're wearing), people, such as myself, get irritated. Do not conflate you tone of replies directed at you with the feedback directed at benes.post #86305 of 1176662/10/13 at 3:35pm
I don't believe I was confusing the two Teger.
My point was simply about the tone and manner in which feedback is provided - not the specifics of what myself or Benes might be doing wrong.
Not sure why you chose to have another dig in your response above either.post #86306 of 1176662/10/13 at 3:37pmQuote:
Don't pretend your post wasn't about you.
I also don't think you read my post. I'm talking about the "tone and manner in which feedback is provided" - there is a reason that the tone used is used.post #86307 of 1176662/10/13 at 3:42pmpost #86308 of 1176662/10/13 at 3:45pm
It was about me as far as providing a personal experience to support my point.
You can try to justify being a prick all you want - it's still not necessary - regardless of the type of feedback you are providing or the person you are delivering it to.post #86309 of 1176662/10/13 at 3:49pmpost #86310 of 1176662/10/13 at 3:50pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 11 seconds ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 35 seconds ago
- › Introduce yourself. 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Newc's Bespoke Adventure. 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Peir Wu 9 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 10 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...