Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5687post #85291 of 1176661/29/13 at 10:52am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #85292 of 1176661/29/13 at 10:52ampost #85293 of 1176661/29/13 at 10:58ampost #85294 of 1176661/29/13 at 11:06amLongtime lurker, first post. Not sure if I should tuck here. Think it would look better if I had a curved hem shirt. Pardon my messy studio
deets (Click to show)EG bucket
Club Monaco blazer
LL Bean redwing knock offspost #85295 of 1176661/29/13 at 11:16ampost #85296 of 1176661/29/13 at 11:24amQuote:
Sorry Bene, but I just think those pants were an unfortunate buy... Ebay them and put the cash towards something else?post #85297 of 1176661/29/13 at 11:26ampost #85298 of 1176661/29/13 at 11:31ampost #85299 of 1176661/29/13 at 11:32ampost #85300 of 1176661/29/13 at 11:34amB, if you wore a uniqlo oxford instead of one of those hideous tees you'd probably look fine. And if you didn't take photos with your hands in your pockets like that. And took them outside. Wearing boots, instead of those stupid sandals.
NWI, are those the campus boots? I think you need a looser, western-styled blazer. MMM has so many options, why don't you just browse around and ignore this terry/sweat-blazer look you've been after?
mikey, looking good. Casey, don't recommend those pants to anyone.post #85301 of 1176661/29/13 at 11:38am
I feel like there are two types of disparaged posters: Caseyfud (recently)/ Snow-types and Tagutcow-types. The first category takes the criticism decently seriously, makes changes, and posts new (better) stuff. Improvement happens. People do better. The second category falls into the Tagut-trap. Rather than take the criticism seriously, they decide that, for whatever reason, the people criticizing "don't understand." Either they don't want to look like a sissy-boy, or they don't understand the monetary limitations. And then, rather than change, they keep posting fits and most of them are badly received. Partly because they're bad.
Bene, you seem to be falling into the second category. You had some good fits, but now you're stuck in the "I won't change" place, and you aren't improving. But the advice here is good, and you're allowed to wear only a tiny wardrobe. I run with 3 pairs of shoes, 3 pants, 3 jackets. That's my closet. And I like them. Yeah, it's repetitive, but by not buying things that are odd, or not quite what I want, I get good pieces and end up looking good (I think). You don't need a good wardrobe, but the guys critiquing you here are right. Calm buying, and save for real grails.post #85302 of 1176661/29/13 at 11:48amBene... listen to the guys who know things about this aesthetic. Maybe PM with asobu? He was great when I PMed him with a question some time ago. Obviously there are other guys who do this well, so maybe connect with them? Try to refine your style internally instead of throwing up fits here daily to see what sticks. Just my $0.02.post #85303 of 1176661/29/13 at 11:48ampost #85304 of 1176661/29/13 at 11:50am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 4 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 9 minutes ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 20 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 21 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 22 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 23 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 23 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 24 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 29 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?