Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5682post #85216 of 1176681/28/13 at 8:42am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #85217 of 1176681/28/13 at 8:44ampost #85218 of 1176681/28/13 at 8:54ampost #85219 of 1176681/28/13 at 9:01ampost #85220 of 1176681/28/13 at 9:07ampost #85221 of 1176681/28/13 at 9:10ampost #85222 of 1176681/28/13 at 9:14ampost #85223 of 1176681/28/13 at 9:44ampost #85224 of 1176681/28/13 at 9:48ampost #85225 of 1176681/28/13 at 9:50amThanks for the likes/comments guys.
Artishard, thats really nice.Quote:
These fit true to size. Im a 10 and these are a 10 and they're perfect. As far as the quality is concerned, Id say they are really well made, great leather and solid stitching. Ive owned augustas, mmm, etc and Id say they are just as good as augusta but much better than mmm/annd. I think Synthese had the same pair so he might be able to shed some more light on this.post #85226 of 1176681/28/13 at 9:51ampost #85227 of 1176681/28/13 at 10:02ampost #85228 of 1176681/28/13 at 10:14amQuote:
Part of the deal with thigh flare is that stiff, heavy denim doesn't necessarily drape or stack very gracefully fresh out of the box. Additional breaking in will help soften everything up and hopefully lead to any residual thigh flare flattening out. Box-fresh raw denim also often has some starch applied to it. Washing or soaking your jeans before you start wearing them or early on in the process can get some of the starch out and speed up the break-in process. The starch also increases the amount of stress and abrasion on the jeans, which lead to incrementally sharper, faster fades, so it's your call whether you want to do that.
Your best bet for avoiding thigh flare is to go to a store with a good selection of and expertise in raw denim - Self Edge, Blue in Green, and Blue Owl, to name a few - tell them what kind of fit you want, and let them help you find the best pair.
FWIW, slimmer fits through both the hips and thighs will help prevent thigh flare (possibly the hips even more so than the thighs), so looking into slimmer cuts may also be an option.post #85229 of 1176681/28/13 at 10:19ampost #85230 of 1176681/28/13 at 10:42amQuote:Originally Posted by GoSurface
Thanks for the likes/comments guys.
Artishard, thats really nice.
These fit true to size. Im a 10 and these are a 10 and they're perfect. As far as the quality is concerned, Id say they are really well made, great leather and solid stitching. Ive owned augustas, mmm, etc and Id say they are just as good as augusta but much better than mmm/annd. I think Synthese had the same pair so he might be able to shed some more light on this.
Strange - my experience was actually that they ran large - I'm an 11 and a 43 was too loose - but it could very well have been mislabeled or something. I also thought they were really, really nice - some serious heft to them. Anyway, they look great on you - wish you'd take some daylight pics, though! that spiral zip is intense.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
Currently, there are 1736 Active Users (439 Members and 1297 Guests)
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 2 minutes ago
- › T shirt length 3 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 6 minutes ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions,... 7 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan