Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 9/11/15 at 9:33am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5659post #84871 of 1176681/23/13 at 3:53pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #84872 of 1176681/23/13 at 3:54pm
People don't need lengthy discussions to improve, they need to figure out whatever the fuck they want by looking around and being a bit curious and not imposing on everyone. Criticisms are only useful once people have already developed some kind of idea of what look they're going for, everything before that can be done on your own.post #84873 of 1176681/23/13 at 3:59pmelisix if you are just showcasing your fits for the benefit of others then its probably a waste of your time. WAYWT presumes a certain level of "ballerness" - which isnt limited to a certain brand although certain brands are more liked. But thats probably more a result of those brands being well designed pieces.
If you post for feedback to improve then you should hold off and post again when you make changes. I posted that last (bad) pic because it was a different set of proportions and cuts.
No one really gave me shit in terms of posting the fit, more so the content of the fit itself. If you want more constructive criticism just step back and lay off posting unless its something new (radically so) or has the changes made. I disagree with the view that these fits should just be the very best fit you can put together, sort of makes it pointless to post in a discussion thread if all you post are fits that are really good followed by fawning over there goodness, at the same time you can't just rehash the same thing. I think most if not all of my fits were attempts (with varying success) to improve and incorporate different things. I definitely think you need outside perspective and need to post fits or else youll probably remain ignorant.
Its like reedo says, esp early on you post a lot because you are trying to fish and figure things out.
and sipang disagrees with me 100%post #84874 of 1176681/23/13 at 3:59pmpost #84875 of 1176681/23/13 at 4:15pmpost #84876 of 1176681/23/13 at 4:19pmpost #84877 of 1176681/23/13 at 4:21pmpost #84878 of 1176681/23/13 at 4:23pmOh my fuck, guys, you have to over-think and ruin everything.
elisix, people are giving you flack because you keep posting almost the same outfit every day, which means people will have the same criticisms of every outfit (shirt too long, colors don't mesh, etc.). I've sort of spaced out on these latest developments, but just by scrolling through and skimming your last few outfits and the subsequent comments, people aren't giving you a rough time for the sake of it. They're giving you a rough time because a lot of them have already offered specific, valid critiques of what appears to be your go-to fit (BD shirt, khaki pants, gaudy baller sneakers), and you keep posting that fit. It's like a sartorial version of this.
From my own perspective, while the title implores you to share what you're wearing today, I'd rather the contributors in this thread use some discretion when it comes to dropping in an image. There are only a few regulars here who I think could post virtually every day and not have it get redundant. I don't know who mentioned it earlier, but I agree that it's important to get a sense of the ebb and flow of an online community before you make your voice heard. Maybe that caters to groupthink or flirts with an elitist aura, but at least it keeps us safely away from god-awful "discussions" like the one that's clogged up the last few pages.post #84879 of 1176681/23/13 at 4:23pmpost #84880 of 1176681/23/13 at 4:27pmpost #84881 of 1176681/23/13 at 4:31pmpost #84882 of 1176681/23/13 at 4:43pmQuote:
I agree, that is why I started one:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/189489/help-waywt-learning-thread-mistakes-are-permitted-maybe-you-should-start-here/0_50post #84883 of 1176681/23/13 at 4:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by DLester
I agree, that is why I started one:
yeah but then you stylistic masters with thousands upon thousands of posts won't deign to go there and the noobs will be guideless and/or guiding one another.
It'll be the blind leading the blind.post #84884 of 1176681/23/13 at 4:59pmpost #84885 of 1176681/23/13 at 5:02pmI'm so glad I didn't start out in a beginner's thread. I used to think I would want to dress in a Yohji/Damir/RO sor of way; if people had given me advice on how to do that -- at a point before I even understood how to dress somewhat okay in "normal" clothes -- I'd probably have destroyed my wallet and failed miserably.
Sometimes prolonged suffering is a good companion.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
Currently, there are 1867 Active Users (417 Members and 1450 Guests)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 38 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 2 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 5 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth