Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 10/6/14 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5654post #84796 of 1176681/23/13 at 10:31am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #84797 of 1176681/23/13 at 10:33ampost #84798 of 1176681/23/13 at 10:36amQuote:
the problem is that he keeps posting and promising to tailor his shirts etc, but its pointless to keep posting the same stuff without doing so.
also there are several threads which are more about making these small adjustments to style and working on stuff- affiliate threads for relevant brands, the quick question thread, the noob thread, etc.
its silly to post in the waywt thread, get critiques, then keep posting the same unchanged stuff and expect to not get called on it.
edit: fuck now ive been drawn into this dumb argument thingpost #84799 of 1176681/23/13 at 10:39ampost #84800 of 1176681/23/13 at 10:47ampost #84801 of 1176681/23/13 at 10:48amGuys, let's be realistic: Me finally posting a fit was like when the two characters on a sitcom FINALLY get together. Whether or not it's satisfying to you, there's really nowhere for the show (or in this case, thread) to go but south.post #84802 of 1176681/23/13 at 10:53amQuote:
ROSS AND RACHEL!!!!
sorry, i could not resist.post #84803 of 1176681/23/13 at 10:54amQuote:
Oh, ok, sorry. I only pop in here every now and again so I didn't know this has been going on for a while now.
Last time I popped in here a few weeks back, another poor dude was being crucified for his glasses when it was clear he was just trying different shapes. My bad.
But I agree that there is a definite aesthetic here that blindly heaps praise on certain brands, regardless of their absolute merit.
If I was owner of this forum, I would demand a tribute from Suspension Point, for all the free advertising, even shilling, that their merchandise gets on this forumpost #84804 of 1176681/23/13 at 10:57ampost #84805 of 1176681/23/13 at 10:58amQuote:
Joseph should definitely be paying affiliate fees because a lot of dudes were crass enough to mention on here that they bought stuff from his shop.post #84806 of 1176681/23/13 at 11:04ampost #84807 of 1176681/23/13 at 11:05ampost #84808 of 1176681/23/13 at 11:06ampost #84809 of 1176681/23/13 at 11:08amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by recondite
Uh...... here's the deal: your legs are short relative to your body, they are foreshortened by the angle of the camera, or both.
So, wearing shoes or boots lighter than your pants, like you did earlier, is a bad look for you.
Untucking your shirt is a bad look for you.
And finally, cuffing your pants is a bad look for you.
To look your best, you need to tuck in your shirt, uncuff your pants, and wear shoes or boots the same tone as your pants or darker; otherwise, your legs will look unattractively short compared to the rest of your body.
This is especially true when you dress with a top and bottom that are contrasting in tone.
It will be less true if your top and bottom are monochromatic, such as with a suit, or least the same in tone, such as a dark tone top or sweater with jeans or trousers of a different color; e.g., black sweater and new denim jeans. When your top and bottom are monochromatic or of similar tone, such as when wearing a navy lounge suit; pick only one of the following items that may visually foreshorten your legs: shoes/boots lighter than pants, socks lighter than pants, cuffs on pants 1.5" or less, or untucked shirt that is hemmed to maximize apparent your waist height.
Your two best options are to cuff your pants or wear fun socks, but not at the same time.
Any shirt you wear untucked should be hemmed square to end at just low enough to cover your beltline, which should be at your the level of your navel; i.e., long rise pants.
Going further, according to the pictures you have supplied, you will always look better in a bomber style jacket compared to a pea coat, car coat, or parka of similar length. You will always look better in long rise pants or jeans compared to low rise jeans. You will always look better when you keep all the patterns and color in your outfits on your torso compared to bold patterns and colors on your legs. You will always look better with darker trouser and lighter top, than the opposite. V-neck sweaters will always look better on you compared to crew neck or turtleneck sweaters, unless the turtleneck is very light in color and layered under a V-neck garment like a cardigan or an open darker jacket that creates a V look.
Just my opinion based on what might be an unflattering camera angle or your phenotypic expression. Cheers!
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Official RRL Thread 29 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 48 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 49 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 23rd JANUARY - Inspirations 5 minutes ago
- › Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition****** 5 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays