Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/19/15 at 4:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5649post #84721 of 1176681/23/13 at 2:58am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #84722 of 1176681/23/13 at 3:14amElitism is such a welcome change around here.
It's so boring repeatedly hearing from nice, thoughtful and helpful people who think that this thread is about showing your fits, learning from others, providing advice and going on a bit of a personal journey.
And just in case you and a couple more heroes around here are stupid in addition to rude, I offer you this;
The advocacy or existence of an elite as a dominating element in a system or society.
The attitude or behavior of a person or group who regard themselves as belonging to an elite.
Time for a group hug?post #84723 of 1176681/23/13 at 3:29ampost #84724 of 1176681/23/13 at 3:40amQuote:
It is indeed about showing your fits, learning from others, providing advice and going on a personal journey. The thing is, you don't show fits (as in plural), you just post the same fit over and over again (which is super-boring and doesn't provide any purpose at all).post #84725 of 1176681/23/13 at 3:50ampost #84726 of 1176681/23/13 at 3:56amQuote:Originally Posted by kindofyoung
It is indeed about showing your fits, learning from others, providing advice and going on a personal journey. The thing is, you don't show fits (as in plural), you just post the same fit over and over again (which is super-boring and doesn't provide any purpose at all).
Sorry what? You must be kidding surely.
Pray tell, what should I be doing different?post #84727 of 1176681/23/13 at 4:17ampost #84728 of 1176681/23/13 at 4:19ampost #84729 of 1176681/23/13 at 4:19am
Just to jump in here as an outsider, Elisix, I think what KOY was getting at with boring fits, is more about the thought gone into perfecting one of your fits before posting it. The picture you just added looks like a box of crayons, sure the colors are pretty individually, but a real amazing fit comes from matching things in a unique and thoughtful way.post #84730 of 1176681/23/13 at 4:22am
KOY, but you uploaded that above photo? Surely you heed your own advice?
Joshua, a box of crayons? I personally think layers of grey, on black, on grey are what is boring.
I admit though, I have never seen such well put together layers of grey, on black, on grey before though.
Keep it simple - buy the same brands as everyone else, and you're onto a winner.post #84731 of 1176681/23/13 at 4:24ampost #84732 of 1176681/23/13 at 4:34am
I think you guys must misunderstand the process of learning.
A significant part of that process is learning from ones mistakes.
Who the hell are you to say not to post anything until you have something worth posting? And is this transformation which you expect, and praise the likes of Casey for, meant to happen overnight? That's just ridiculous. How does the person who is on that learning curve know whether they have achieved something without sharing and receiving feedback?post #84733 of 1176681/23/13 at 4:35am
Wasn't that my very first pic in this thread? I came here to learn and get a sense of style, not everyone has one when they first get here
But you're missing the point, which is that since you upload the same fit every time, there's no visible learning, no journey, and nothing interesting about your posts. Until something in your fits is different, there's no point posting them so very often.
Don't remember who it was, but when I got told the same thing I'm telling you now, someone wrote a long and detailed post about this thread and how it "works". If this "someone" can identify himself with this and can find his old post, feel free to re-quote itpost #84734 of 1176681/23/13 at 4:36ampost #84735 of 1176681/23/13 at 4:38amyou have totally dominated this thread for the last couple of weeks. you have plenty of feedback. the polite thing to do would be to take some time to reflect on the feedback and let it sink in, rather than coming back with the same type of thing every day. this is not the "teach elisix how to dress" thread.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The GQ Fit (I want it as tight as possible without cutting off... 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...