Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5597
post #83941 of 117677
1/13/13 at 11:44am
Styleforum Top Picks
post #83942 of 117677
1/13/13 at 11:58am
post #83943 of 117677
1/13/13 at 12:26pm
post #83944 of 117677
1/13/13 at 12:43pm
post #83945 of 117677
1/13/13 at 12:52pm
post #83946 of 117677
1/13/13 at 12:55pm
post #83947 of 117677
1/13/13 at 1:10pm
post #83948 of 117677
1/13/13 at 1:13pm
This topic seems to come up fairly regularly, so I'm going to put all speculation to rest for the last time: I was actually born without a face. My photoshop attempts, poor as they are, are solely an effort to hide the gaping pit of howling madness that exists where my eyes, mouth and nose should be. I walk around like that in real life, too, with either a weird Ringu effect obscuring my visage, or a little hat that supports an 8-foot black 2x4. One time I forgot to cover it up and it sucked in a dog.
post #83949 of 117677
1/13/13 at 1:20pm
post #83950 of 117677
1/13/13 at 1:46pm
post #83951 of 117677
1/13/13 at 1:52pm
post #83952 of 117677
1/13/13 at 1:53pm
post #83953 of 117677
1/13/13 at 1:58pm
Just about every shirt I buy, whether casual or formal, seems to be too long in the shirt and sleeve length. However these new shirts I've been buying fit perfectly in the shoulder/chest.
I'm 5'9 but seemingly still too short for shirts in an L size. Though M size shirts are much too tight across the chest and shoulders. I find them really uncomfortable.
I've tried to take on previous advice to address the shirt length issues. Previously I was wearing formal shirts casually with denim which resulted in a hem of the shirt sitting as low as the crotch.
Perhaps it's the effect on the photo but this shirt does not actually come down as far as it may seem. There's a good 2 or more inches from the hem of the shirt to the bottom of the crotch.
I can easily get the sleeves taken up on shirts and it's fine. However I've been hesitant to try and get my casual shirts taken up as it seems to be a much more involved process.
With the denim, what would you suggest? I would not have thought Ksubi or Acne/APC denim (which is all I own), would be considered cheap denim. Suggestions?
One thing I am we'll aware of with my denim is that I need to get then hemmed properly. Rolling is making me look shorter than I already am.
And finally the shoes, well they're a matter of opinion. I appreciate many people don't like them, but I do. I like that they're a chunky shoe and the proportions look good IMO.
post #83954 of 117677
1/13/13 at 2:10pm
post #83955 of 117677
1/13/13 at 2:15pm
I always thought that the TB shirts were very slim? Also I havent seem many casual offerings - other than the OCBD.
BOO and Gitman Vintage 'look' to be the right shape from what I can tell - might give them both a go.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
This thread is locked
Styleforum Top Picks
Currently, there are 1465 Active Users (436 Members and 1029 Guests)
- › Epaulet Rivet Chino 8 oz. Canvas Khaki 25 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 42 seconds ago
- › Ask me about Eyewear! 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Bourbon. 3 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 4 minutes ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 4 minutes ago
- › TOJ TOO TIGHT? WE CAN HELP! (The Amazing ToJ Exchange Thread --... 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Common Projects Camo Sole Achilles High 8 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)