Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5593post #83881 of 1176661/12/13 at 4:33pmpost #83882 of 1176661/12/13 at 5:03pmpost #83883 of 1176661/12/13 at 5:05pmpost #83884 of 1176661/12/13 at 6:13pmpost #83885 of 1176661/12/13 at 7:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by Synthese
Stitches, I think that bag is cool, but I like canvas and leather aviator crap.
Brands (Click to show)
Same pants. I would wear these boots a lot more if I had more that went with them. Maybe I should get on that. Colors came out weird again, but since everything is pretty much black and grey, it probably looks better like this anyway.
The blazer is very clever. It's linen with some sort of wool backing that I don't understand, but when the wool felts up, the linen gets wrinkly. Basically, I just took it and stretched out the length as much as I could, and now it's more like a short coat than a blazer. I'll probably wear it a lot this spring.
first off, great fit.
thanks for answering my bag question, i was hoping someone would. i liked it a lot, but for $400 i was not going to grab it. maybe for a hundo.
sorry to bother, but since you seem to be the king of links this weekend, and i know nothing about bags, or where to get them, and kind of need 1 good bag, something a decent size but not gigantor, could you provide me some options? PM if you dont want to do so here.
thanks.Quote:Originally Posted by Benesyed
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i know ive said this already, but i think this look is so much better for you its not even funny.Quote:
NOT SO!!! I LIKED MOOS CARDI!!!!
if i could look like gosling, i sure as hell would go for a gosling look.post #83886 of 1176661/12/13 at 7:06pmpost #83887 of 1176661/12/13 at 7:06pmpost #83888 of 1176661/12/13 at 7:34pmpost #83889 of 1176661/12/13 at 7:40pmpost #83890 of 1176661/12/13 at 7:45pmQuote:t-shirt has no shape and it's too long so bunching up. jeans are meh, but I think passable for now. shoes... well IMO if you're like Parker (ie 45 year old designer mixing casual suits with chucks) then it's a go, or if you're a poor 12 year old skater punk then again, fine, but if you're a college kid you just look like you haven't upgraded anything since highschool. For my money, shoes are the best place to start to improve a look so get something nicer and toss in a nice sweater if you have to to cover up the t-shirt.Quote:Thanks. I don't post brands or prices or anything because most of my stuff isn't typical SF approved brands and stuff but I've tried to develop the ability to pull lowly items together in a higher end sort of way. Ie the pants were $25 from Club Monaco about 3-4 years ago. I try to select my stuff carefully.Quote:polo+v-neck, really that bad? alright, duly noted. I have some ocbd's and flannels they just sometimes get all bunched up under thin slim sweaters. Anyway, thanks for the feedbackOriginally Posted by Suicmez
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Polo shirt underneath a v neck
plaid button down collar shirt in its place and you have a solid fit.
not for any good reason, just posting whatever I was wearing. Off to a friends house party. H&M black v-neck (do I get slut points?), new indigo MiI 19cm's (stacks need to settle, I know, may hem eventually), and Paladium black boots... nothin' fancy
closeups (Click to show)post #83891 of 1176661/12/13 at 8:51pmpost #83892 of 1176661/12/13 at 8:54pmpost #83893 of 1176661/12/13 at 9:40pmQuote:
Yeah I do have narrow shoulders. Thanks anyway. Will try this.Quote:Originally Posted by Master-Classter
t-shirt has no shape and it's too long so bunching up. jeans are meh, but I think passable for now. shoes... well IMO if you're like Parker (ie 45 year old designer mixing casual suits with chucks) then it's a go, or if you're a poor 12 year old skater punk then again, fine, but if you're a college kid you just look like you haven't upgraded anything since highschool. For my money, shoes are the best place to start to improve a look so get something nicer and toss in a nice sweater if you have to to cover up the t-shirt.
what's that supposed to mean? (0)
Thanks for the feedback. After comparing with your fit, I can see that the fit of my t-shirt is horrible. I think I will start with sweater first, then the shoes. What are some good basic brands for sweater to start out? I have been lurking for months, but still no clue.
Also, do you guys mind sharing some more example pics of well fitted t-shirt?post #83894 of 1176661/12/13 at 10:37pmpost #83895 of 1176661/12/13 at 11:01pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 9 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 54 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › My Allen Edmond's size is 7EEE for the Park Ave/Strands last. What... 4 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 5 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding