Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5588post #83806 of 1176661/11/13 at 2:31pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #83807 of 1176661/11/13 at 2:34pmpost #83808 of 1176661/11/13 at 2:55pmpost #83809 of 1176661/11/13 at 3:07pmpost #83810 of 1176661/11/13 at 3:15pmpost #83811 of 1176661/11/13 at 3:17pmpost #83812 of 1176661/11/13 at 3:19pmpost #83813 of 1176661/11/13 at 3:21pmpost #83814 of 1176661/11/13 at 3:30pmpost #83815 of 1176661/11/13 at 3:53pmpost #83816 of 1176661/11/13 at 4:27pmpost #83817 of 1176661/11/13 at 5:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by thewho13
Bomber looks great M. eggs benedict.
I, however, rummaged through my closet back at home and have now found myself in an earlier time—about two years ago, to be more precise. I present dr. who in sf-circa-2010 garb:
White t shirt
The jeans are actually a pair of Nudie Average Joe's I got two years ago with the Clarks. They struck me as too big back then, but now that my thighs have gotten bigger they fit much better. Got 'em tapered since I didn't want to struggle with sizing marked-down jeans on the internet again; gonna just wear these to replace my 3sixteens. The Clarks need new insoles though.
Random fashion thoughts (Click to show)I guess I kind of don't know what to wear anymore at this point. Love wearing the toj, but it doesn't really work with everything I wear. When it's warm enough to just wear sweaters (oh hey 40-50 degree warm spell), it doesn't feel very stylish to just do jeans, a sweater, and sneakers. Button-down shirts are seriously lacking in my wardrobe, and so are boots; but nothing has really stood out to me. Light outerwear for the spring would be a nice way to change it up (kinda sick of blazers to be completely honest), but that's not really a cure-all to how aimless I've felt lately. Probably one of the biggest factors of this is the lack of access to b+m stores in which I can try stuff on. Seeing clothing strictly online—regardless of how well it's styled—is like looking at clothing strictly through yoox-goggles. So I guess until I get a chance to check stuff out in person, or until something "clicks," I'm just gonna keep doing basic shit.
You´re the opposite of benes, you need more clothes
@benes I like that you ended up going with a slimmer silhouette on your bomber fit. The one you choose in the yohji thread, with them big ass pants, wasn´t working very well. This is pretty nice, and the jacket looks great. Cool purchasepost #83818 of 1176661/11/13 at 5:34pmThanks. My original impulse was both its easy slim fit wear and also its potential for something more interesting with the right combinations. A good bridging piece. I had been discussing with another member how to connect my slimmer wardrobe to yohji (formidable challenge esp with yyph) and still have interesting and appealing outfits.
Avant yohji bomber is a work in progress, i think ffgs suggestion will do the trick. Or less but still voluminous pants. I keep the faith, I'll find a waypost #83819 of 1176661/11/13 at 8:25pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 13 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 19 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › ALDEN Shell Cordovan Boots US 10.5 C 4 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 5 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?