Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5554
Styleforum Top Picks
My rationale was that the way it bags out just before the top of the shaft ruins the stacks and makes the leg seem really columnar, but it could be one of those things where it looks terrible looking down and fine to everyone else seeing it at a normal angle
do you usually wear odd jackets and pants or are these whole suits
i wish i could cop yohji without direction
someday i want to be a doctor that wears a margiela labcoat or yohji to work
objectively speaking, even though moo's fit isn't revolutionary or amazing by any means, it marks the pinnacle of his fits so far. moo got a lot of thumbs up because we've seen his trajectory and it's refreshing to see that he's finally found an aesthetic that works for him (also schneider helps turn any regular fit into an sf-approved fit). as for benes, the bomber fit is a bit too tryhard, if you will. he tried to emulate a runway shot he liked, but it ended up looking very unnatural and forced. also, the glasses REALLY REALLY don't help his case. it screams wannabe hipster. on the other hand, the fit benes just posted is much better. killed it. but stop kopping so much yohji without direction. and still get new glasses. now that my fever from my flu has gone down, things start to make sense in my head again
I hate those frames, and I feel like this is similar to snowman's frame problem back then too. They're decent fits but to me they're just not all that great and from all the posts that Benes does it just feels to me like he still doesn't really have a real style yet, if that makes sense. In a few months when he gets new frames and starts posting really outstanding stuff he'll be farming the thumbs, just like kawaii snowman is these days
While I appreciate the feedback, and am glad you guys enjoyed my fit, there is not much I can take away from it. I don't think any of you really have a good sense of who I am and so have taken fragments of what comes across here and made an idea of me. Understandably this fiction is one I have trouble living up to especially since some of the advice hits that more so than me.
Nanheun - my yohji purchases haven't been haphazard. They have been black blazers and black trousers. The shapes and cuts have varied. Also some knits. If you take a look at the yohji thread, there are posts by me frequently showcasing items by yohji that I pass up everyday. Perhaps that bomber + flowers is tacky and ugly but I really do like it and am excited to wear it when it arrives. If you could really provide some concrete reference to useless purchases, then I could perhaps utilize your advice. I have the glasses suggestion in my mind but I havent found anything I love, and I like the current ones I have. Guess I am hipster . Anyway, also wanna take this time to apologize for being confrontational and that I am glad you are no longer ill.
G trans - chances are I will never get to that level. If I had infinite funds and was dressing someone else, then I think I could. But what I enjoy wearing, and lemao pointed this out (i love black suits), is very basic and only really different to those who think those small variations are exciting or interesting and do not tire of that same basic approach. I only see myself changing the shirts to something with subtle patterning or gradients (like a few nice SS i've seen) or swapping in interesting knits (for the shirt or the blazer). Other than that, the blazer and trouser are sort of a uniform, one that I like and see no reason to overhaul just for a few more likes. I'd rather just work on the details and perfect it in my eyes. If I get just 10 likes on something that I think is perfect a month later, then that's a pinnacle for me.
Btw, just so any future drs don't get misled, its xmas break and my school gives us two weeks because they short us in the summer prior. As a result, when im not doing USLME board review I am roaming SF.
Edited by Benesyed - 1/4/13 at 10:13pm
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 21 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Bonobos, Please Get It Together 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 5 minutes ago
- › WTB: TOJ Black Calf 2010 DR sz 48 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)