Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: Today
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5554post #83296 of 1176681/4/13 at 3:27pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #83297 of 1176681/4/13 at 3:29pmpost #83298 of 1176681/4/13 at 3:41pm
My rationale was that the way it bags out just before the top of the shaft ruins the stacks and makes the leg seem really columnar, but it could be one of those things where it looks terrible looking down and fine to everyone else seeing it at a normal anglepost #83299 of 1176681/4/13 at 3:45pmpost #83300 of 1176681/4/13 at 3:56pmpost #83301 of 1176681/4/13 at 4:25pmpost #83302 of 1176681/4/13 at 4:52pmpost #83303 of 1176681/4/13 at 4:53pmpost #83304 of 1176681/4/13 at 4:56pmpost #83305 of 1176681/4/13 at 5:45pmpost #83306 of 1176681/4/13 at 6:13pmpost #83307 of 1176681/4/13 at 6:20pm
do you usually wear odd jackets and pants or are these whole suits
i wish i could cop yohji without direction
someday i want to be a doctor that wears a margiela labcoat or yohji to workpost #83308 of 1176681/4/13 at 8:42pmpost #83309 of 1176681/4/13 at 8:44pmpost #83310 of 1176681/4/13 at 9:25pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by nahneun
objectively speaking, even though moo's fit isn't revolutionary or amazing by any means, it marks the pinnacle of his fits so far. moo got a lot of thumbs up because we've seen his trajectory and it's refreshing to see that he's finally found an aesthetic that works for him (also schneider helps turn any regular fit into an sf-approved fit). as for benes, the bomber fit is a bit too tryhard, if you will. he tried to emulate a runway shot he liked, but it ended up looking very unnatural and forced. also, the glasses REALLY REALLY don't help his case. it screams wannabe hipster. on the other hand, the fit benes just posted is much better. killed it. but stop kopping so much yohji without direction. and still get new glasses. now that my fever from my flu has gone down, things start to make sense in my head againQuote:Originally Posted by g transistor
I hate those frames, and I feel like this is similar to snowman's frame problem back then too. They're decent fits but to me they're just not all that great and from all the posts that Benes does it just feels to me like he still doesn't really have a real style yet, if that makes sense. In a few months when he gets new frames and starts posting really outstanding stuff he'll be farming the thumbs, just like kawaii snowman is these days
While I appreciate the feedback, and am glad you guys enjoyed my fit, there is not much I can take away from it. I don't think any of you really have a good sense of who I am and so have taken fragments of what comes across here and made an idea of me. Understandably this fiction is one I have trouble living up to especially since some of the advice hits that more so than me.
Nanheun - my yohji purchases haven't been haphazard. They have been black blazers and black trousers. The shapes and cuts have varied. Also some knits. If you take a look at the yohji thread, there are posts by me frequently showcasing items by yohji that I pass up everyday. Perhaps that bomber + flowers is tacky and ugly but I really do like it and am excited to wear it when it arrives. If you could really provide some concrete reference to useless purchases, then I could perhaps utilize your advice. I have the glasses suggestion in my mind but I havent found anything I love, and I like the current ones I have. Guess I am hipster . Anyway, also wanna take this time to apologize for being confrontational and that I am glad you are no longer ill.
G trans - chances are I will never get to that level. If I had infinite funds and was dressing someone else, then I think I could. But what I enjoy wearing, and lemao pointed this out (i love black suits), is very basic and only really different to those who think those small variations are exciting or interesting and do not tire of that same basic approach. I only see myself changing the shirts to something with subtle patterning or gradients (like a few nice SS i've seen) or swapping in interesting knits (for the shirt or the blazer). Other than that, the blazer and trouser are sort of a uniform, one that I like and see no reason to overhaul just for a few more likes. I'd rather just work on the details and perfect it in my eyes. If I get just 10 likes on something that I think is perfect a month later, then that's a pinnacle for me.
Btw, just so any future drs don't get misled, its xmas break and my school gives us two weeks because they short us in the summer prior. As a result, when im not doing USLME board review I am roaming SF.
Edited by Benesyed - 1/4/13 at 10:13pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Chukka in Burgundy Calf size 10 UK 946 last. 13 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 15 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 19 minutes ago
- › The 10 Best White Shirts for Every Body Type 21 minutes ago
- › http://bestdumps.net Sell Dumps track 1&2 with out pin 21 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Official Events and PSA thread 27 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...