Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5552post #83266 of 1176681/4/13 at 5:51am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #83267 of 1176681/4/13 at 5:58ampost #83268 of 1176681/4/13 at 6:04ampost #83269 of 1176681/4/13 at 6:05ampost #83270 of 1176681/4/13 at 6:13amshoreman, the Archie from Grenson is deliberately styled to be more casual. Actually had a mate from another forum say something similar to you.
Perhaps in photo's they come across that way. However IRL, they look really cool and make the 'brogue' style look very casual. Its nice to have something different.post #83271 of 1176681/4/13 at 6:18ampost #83272 of 1176681/4/13 at 6:19amFair enough. To each their own.
In Grensons own words....
Archie is Stanley's wayward brother. He's a full English brogue but is a Gibson instead of an oxford and all of his features are exaggerated. He has oversized eyelets and a massive triple sole. You don't wear Archie, he wears you.post #83273 of 1176681/4/13 at 6:48ampost #83274 of 1176681/4/13 at 7:27amQuote:Originally Posted by elisiX
shoreman, the Archie from Grenson is deliberately styled to be more casual. Actually had a mate from another forum say something similar to you.
Perhaps in photo's they come across that way. However IRL, they look really cool and make the 'brogue' style look very casual. Its nice to have something different.
just because it's intentional doesn't mean it's not ugly
brogues are inherently pretty casualpost #83275 of 1176681/4/13 at 7:53ampost #83276 of 1176681/4/13 at 7:54ampost #83277 of 1176681/4/13 at 8:16ampost #83278 of 1176681/4/13 at 9:15am
Right in the feels...
Not the worst thing in the world...
Levi 508s straight off the rack...Quote:
Thx, size 6.
I'm slightly overwhelmed by the 50 thumbs... probably should just retire now.post #83279 of 1176681/4/13 at 9:18ampost #83280 of 1176681/4/13 at 9:28amQuote:
The power of SS can amaze. I never got super into the MMM sidezip or less even, gats. But damn SS is so nice.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)extra points if anyone can catch that relatively oblique reference
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
Currently, there are 1089 Active Users (226 Members and 863 Guests)
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge April 27th, 2015: The Knit Tie 11 minutes ago
- › Matching my pocket square with the dress of my date? 12 minutes ago
- › Carpe Diem S21M Backzip sz 43 13 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 14 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAY... 16 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 18 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...