Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 8/5/15 at 11:44am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5552post #83266 of 1176681/4/13 at 5:51am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #83267 of 1176681/4/13 at 5:58ampost #83268 of 1176681/4/13 at 6:04ampost #83269 of 1176681/4/13 at 6:05ampost #83270 of 1176681/4/13 at 6:13amshoreman, the Archie from Grenson is deliberately styled to be more casual. Actually had a mate from another forum say something similar to you.
Perhaps in photo's they come across that way. However IRL, they look really cool and make the 'brogue' style look very casual. Its nice to have something different.post #83271 of 1176681/4/13 at 6:18ampost #83272 of 1176681/4/13 at 6:19amFair enough. To each their own.
In Grensons own words....
Archie is Stanley's wayward brother. He's a full English brogue but is a Gibson instead of an oxford and all of his features are exaggerated. He has oversized eyelets and a massive triple sole. You don't wear Archie, he wears you.post #83273 of 1176681/4/13 at 6:48ampost #83274 of 1176681/4/13 at 7:27amQuote:Originally Posted by elisiX
shoreman, the Archie from Grenson is deliberately styled to be more casual. Actually had a mate from another forum say something similar to you.
Perhaps in photo's they come across that way. However IRL, they look really cool and make the 'brogue' style look very casual. Its nice to have something different.
just because it's intentional doesn't mean it's not ugly
brogues are inherently pretty casualpost #83275 of 1176681/4/13 at 7:53ampost #83276 of 1176681/4/13 at 7:54ampost #83277 of 1176681/4/13 at 8:16ampost #83278 of 1176681/4/13 at 9:15am
Right in the feels...
Not the worst thing in the world...
Levi 508s straight off the rack...Quote:
Thx, size 6.
I'm slightly overwhelmed by the 50 thumbs... probably should just retire now.post #83279 of 1176681/4/13 at 9:18ampost #83280 of 1176681/4/13 at 9:28amQuote:
The power of SS can amaze. I never got super into the MMM sidezip or less even, gats. But damn SS is so nice.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)extra points if anyone can catch that relatively oblique reference
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
Currently, there are 1522 Active Users (345 Members and 1177 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 55 seconds ago
- › BNIB Trickers "oatmeal" Repello Suede chelsea boots 10 UK (10.5 -... 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Menswear on Women 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Traditional, Military, Moto, Heritage Brands and... 3 minutes ago
- › 2 left! Size 34 █ 3x Pairs of Staple Corduroy Pants in Slim Fits... 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015