Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5552post #83266 of 1176661/4/13 at 6:04am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #83267 of 1176661/4/13 at 6:05ampost #83268 of 1176661/4/13 at 6:13amshoreman, the Archie from Grenson is deliberately styled to be more casual. Actually had a mate from another forum say something similar to you.
Perhaps in photo's they come across that way. However IRL, they look really cool and make the 'brogue' style look very casual. Its nice to have something different.post #83269 of 1176661/4/13 at 6:18ampost #83270 of 1176661/4/13 at 6:19amFair enough. To each their own.
In Grensons own words....
Archie is Stanley's wayward brother. He's a full English brogue but is a Gibson instead of an oxford and all of his features are exaggerated. He has oversized eyelets and a massive triple sole. You don't wear Archie, he wears you.post #83271 of 1176661/4/13 at 6:48ampost #83272 of 1176661/4/13 at 7:27amQuote:Originally Posted by elisiX
shoreman, the Archie from Grenson is deliberately styled to be more casual. Actually had a mate from another forum say something similar to you.
Perhaps in photo's they come across that way. However IRL, they look really cool and make the 'brogue' style look very casual. Its nice to have something different.
just because it's intentional doesn't mean it's not ugly
brogues are inherently pretty casualpost #83273 of 1176661/4/13 at 7:53ampost #83274 of 1176661/4/13 at 7:54ampost #83275 of 1176661/4/13 at 8:16ampost #83276 of 1176661/4/13 at 9:15am
Right in the feels...
Not the worst thing in the world...
Levi 508s straight off the rack...Quote:
Thx, size 6.
I'm slightly overwhelmed by the 50 thumbs... probably should just retire now.post #83277 of 1176661/4/13 at 9:18ampost #83278 of 1176661/4/13 at 9:28amQuote:
The power of SS can amaze. I never got super into the MMM sidezip or less even, gats. But damn SS is so nice.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)extra points if anyone can catch that relatively oblique referencepost #83279 of 1176661/4/13 at 9:29am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
Currently, there are 1585 Active Users (384 Members and 1201 Guests)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 32 seconds ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 2 minutes ago
- › Vests 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 6 minutes ago
- › NWT Ben Sherman dress shirt 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...