Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: Today
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5505post #82561 of 11766812/20/12 at 7:48am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #82562 of 11766812/20/12 at 7:59ampost #82563 of 11766812/20/12 at 8:21amQuote:
You're from Canada right? DARE was like our elementary school drug (mis)information campaign. They gave out free shirts. People wear them ironically, for instance while tripping at music festivals.post #82564 of 11766812/20/12 at 8:21ampost #82565 of 11766812/20/12 at 8:46amQuote:
I work for the LAPD...and recently found a dusty box full of DARE tees. Gym shirts what whatpost #82566 of 11766812/20/12 at 9:00ampost #82567 of 11766812/20/12 at 9:05ampost #82568 of 11766812/20/12 at 9:13ampost #82569 of 11766812/20/12 at 9:32ampost #82570 of 11766812/20/12 at 9:34ampost #82571 of 11766812/20/12 at 9:37ampost #82572 of 11766812/20/12 at 9:45ampost #82573 of 11766812/20/12 at 9:47amQuote:Originally Posted by conceptionist
Re: big thighs / wrong pants
To me, the taper def isn't the problem. Remember Charly's post on the optimal silhuette for built guys? You want a good taper on your pants if you've got bigger thighs. A straight fit will make your legs look like tree-trunks and will make the bottom overpowering.
If anything, the rise is too low on those pants and the tee is too short. I've got a decent drop with a 42 chest, 32 waist and 34 hips, and I def look more balanced in terms of proportions when the tee goes over half of the bum and wear the pants low / longer rise. The problem with LB's pants is that they sort of carve in at the crotch due to the lower rise. You will get a better shape a la Snowman with pants with higher rise. A boot tuck can also help. Look at Charly and Snowman fits.
Also, wear darker pants as it has a slimming effect.
Where is this post on optimal silhouette for built guys? I need it.post #82574 of 11766812/20/12 at 9:51ampost #82575 of 11766812/20/12 at 9:59am
Oh, I didn't know they were jodphurs. Don't like.
It would look better if the taper was smoother and constant down to the hem rather than being that harsh at the knee. That's what my earlier post was aiming at.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
Currently, there are 891 Active Users (172 Members and 719 Guests)
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 7 minutes ago
- › SW&D Suits and Blazers Challenge VOTING Thread - Ends 4/4/2015 7 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 minutes ago
- › Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) 22 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 26 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 35 minutes ago
- › World Wide Artisan Thread. 37 minutes ago
- › Gitman Brothers Vintage 39 minutes ago
- › Management Consulting Discussion 42 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 45 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...