Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 7/16/15 at 4:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5467post #81991 of 11766812/12/12 at 11:23pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #81992 of 11766812/12/12 at 11:24pmpost #81993 of 11766812/12/12 at 11:41pmpost #81994 of 11766812/12/12 at 11:41pmpost #81995 of 11766812/12/12 at 11:42pmpost #81996 of 11766812/12/12 at 11:43pmpost #81997 of 11766812/13/12 at 12:02ampost #81998 of 11766812/13/12 at 12:15ampost #81999 of 11766812/13/12 at 12:17ampost #82000 of 11766812/13/12 at 12:18ampost #82001 of 11766812/13/12 at 2:53ampost #82002 of 11766812/13/12 at 4:15ampost #82003 of 11766812/13/12 at 4:20amQuote:Originally Posted by snowmanxl
elisix, heres my two cents (and they're getting rid of pennies soon so take it!!)
look at user RegisDB9 for some inparation. you mentioned that layering isnt really an option because of where you live, correct?
regis lives in Florida/Caribbean and very rarely wears layers.
I think you should start by replacing any khakis with denim and buttoning up your shirts. never wear an unbuttoned shirt please
you can probably find a nice cardigan to wear over your tee. something like this http://suspensionpoint.ca/cardigan-neighbour
anyways, i think all your stuff fits well so youre on the right track. cheers
Thanks for the words and I appreciate the advice also. It can get quite hot here in Sydney - AUS, so wearing multiple layers in the summer (which were in now) is generally a no go. I'll take a look into your suggestions as it might help point me in the right direction.
Those Khaki's are a looser fit chino which I wear rarely. I think it might have been the only/first time i've posted them up actually. For me, I thought the Navy shirt went well with them and the issue with that fit was more to do with the uber long white T underneath and the shirt being open.
Most days (most fits you see), will be Chino's of varying colours and Acne/Ksubi denim which is in my new rotation. Blue's and one black. Being a redhead - black rarely makes it's way into my wardrobe. Perhaps a mistake, but it's something i've always maintained.Quote:
I firmly believe there is truth to this but it's not the pants being tight, rather the shirts being loose. We spoke via PM about this in more detail and I can see how some fits would come across like this. Having a bit of a gut, I tend to buy regular fit M shirts or mostly L/XL shirts. However my waist and all denim/chino's are 32". A mismatch.
This should be the easiest thing to fix though. Up until 8 months ago I was training 3-5 days a week but have let things go a little (I got married... lol). So jumping back on the wagon and buying better fitting shirts (darting existing shirts) should bring the two in line I hope.post #82004 of 11766812/13/12 at 4:26am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › The Official BLUE BLUE JAPAN thread - all things indigo, many... 5 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 12 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 13 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 13 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...