or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5457

post #81841 of 115901
ronnel, do you only base the quality of an outfit by its price-tag?*



not that it isn't a bland outfit, but still
post #81842 of 115901
Quote:
Originally Posted by APK View Post

The discrepancy between cost and actual "quality" talking point is covered seemingly every time MMM side-zips are discussed. I'm not sure anyone, even those who own at least one pair, have ever contested that the MSRP is pretty obscene for what you get in terms of construction.

Not contesting or arguing - just surprised. Learn something new every day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

Yup. Most people also understand that they're a massive ripoff.
Also, as you already know, JLP, EG, and pretty much all English shoes are technically glued as well. Alot of them retail north of $1K.

Good to know re: MMM.

I know you mean feathering, but I am talking about the difference between a sole that can and cannot be replaced when worn through.
post #81843 of 115901
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2onnel View Post

But how are you going to wear all those basic brands, then throw some Lanvin on the feet?

Well, he might not be a scumbag.
post #81844 of 115901

I don't care about the price tag. I am just saying, I feel like if you're wearing specific items/brands in specific price brackets to stay within them. I may not make sense to you and others, but it's just my opinion.

 

Like why would you wear H&M pants, H&M shirts, but have on a Hermes belt and maybe some YSL/Margiela sneakers? Who does that? Or wear basic Levi's with an LV belt and a H&M t-shirt, but have on some Pierre Hardy sneakers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyBirch View Post

ronnel, do you only base the quality of an outfit by its price-tag?*
not that it isn't a bland outfit, but still
post #81845 of 115901

Why do you reply to everything I say? Are you infatuated with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post


Well, he might not be a scumbag.
post #81846 of 115901
If it looks good together, who cares about brand synergy?
post #81847 of 115901

596944

 


SNS

Epaulet

Levi's

CP

post #81848 of 115901
If. The guy doesn't say he's wearing Levi's and Jcrew. Some ppl may ask if the khaki and shirt is from other designer brand. As long as design works together nothing wrong.
post #81849 of 115901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

I know you mean feathering, but I am talking about the difference between a sole that can and cannot be replaced when worn through.

cemented soles can be replaced...you just cement on another one. I get what you mean though. I'm just making the point that even on MC people revere things that aren't great value in terms of their quality:price ratio.
post #81850 of 115901
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

Yup. Most people also understand that they're a massive ripoff.
Also, as you already know, JLP, EG, and pretty much all English shoes are technically glued as well. Alot of them retail north of $1K.

please to elaborate with trufax, proofs and explanations. thanks, bro. not contesting, just asking for info. are MMMMMMMMMMs goodyear welted, does that matter in your opinion?......
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

cemented soles can be replaced...you just cement on another one. I get what you mean though. I'm just making the point that even on MC people revere things that aren't great value in terms of their quality:price ratio.

i only revere TEH BEST!!!!!

no, but in all seriousness, pretty much everything i have bought recently, has been up to par for me in terms of quality:price ratio. and not just what i may have payed, even at full retail (assuming one agrees the concept of full retail is ever justified. in many cases, i feel it is. but not in all cases).
---
sidebar - SVB, excellent SNS usage.
post #81851 of 115901
yo stitch you're doing that thing again where you make multiple posts in a row instead of one larger one (and this time both posts are even about the exact same thing)

edit: thx, now I just look dumb redface.gif
post #81852 of 115901
Quote:
Originally Posted by istasi View Post

yo stitch you're doing that thing again where you make multiple posts in a row instead of one larger one (and this time both posts are even about the exact same thing)

nor sir.

also, in other parts of SF that is not so uncommon. ill be more mindful of it here tho.

edit - no p. that was kind of the idea. devil.gif

smile.gif
post #81853 of 115901
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2onnel View Post

Like why would you wear H&M pants, H&M shirts, but have on a Hermes belt and maybe some YSL/Margiela sneakers? Who does that? Or wear basic Levi's with an LV belt and a H&M t-shirt, but have on some Pierre Hardy sneakers?

because the items work together and you're not a fucking idiot who assigns value solely on price?
post #81854 of 115901

Most guys wear expensive or good-looking shit up top, but with crappy shoes.  That kills it for me.

post #81855 of 115901
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

please to elaborate with trufax, proofs and explanations. thanks, bro. not contesting, just asking for info. are MMMMMMMMMMs goodyear welted, does that matter in your opinion?......

I assume you're familiar with the whole "gemming" fiasco and subsequent collective MC mindsplode?

It wouldn't have been such a big deal if we didn't have this erroneous idea that MC items are quality and value for money and are somehow completely isolated from fashion.

Regarding Goodyear Welting, it is essentially a type of cemented construction as the upper and welt are held to the insole by cement. Now obviously EGs are stil better made than shitty mall brand cemented shoes, but there are also some very well made cemented shoes that are at least equal if not better constructed than GY welted. For example, here's a quality cemented shoe. Of course, handwelted is undoubtedly the best construction method, but we don't and should not buy things purely from a construction standpoint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

no, but in all seriousness, pretty much everything i have bought recently, has been up to par for me in terms of quality:price ratio. and not just what i may have payed, even at full retail (assuming one agrees the concept of full retail is ever justified. in many cases, i feel it is. but not in all cases).

There's almost no way you can justify clothing by price:quality ratio. I suggest you stop trying to. I've been down that road and it doesn't end well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread