Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/19/15 at 4:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5451post #81751 of 11766812/11/12 at 3:44am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #81752 of 11766812/11/12 at 4:16ampost #81753 of 11766812/11/12 at 5:29amQuote:Originally Posted by Kid Nickels
CDHagg stated he didn't have a gf because his friends thought he was too "nice"... not enough of a douche. now I'm not getting into the whole psych game of Neil Strauss but it's close...that girls who fall for that shit are themselves douchettes so to speak. naive, mostly dumb, unsophisticated and subject to manipulation which is exactly what it is. so me being me, I don't mind bagging some ass for a good time but before you know it this girl will actually think you like her and what I'm saying is "uh right sweetheart... thanks for a good time, now there's the door".
I don't believe the majority of men on here who endeavor to cultivate intelligence, skill, style, professionalism, etc want to end up with a girlfriend or worse yet a wife who was procured by such means... but I think those girls are fun to play with because they amuse me.
have you ever tried experiencing empathy or do you just scuttle home every day to your towering pile of human bones and shriek and howl at shit until daybreakpost #81754 of 11766812/11/12 at 5:55ampost #81755 of 11766812/11/12 at 6:15amThread Starterpost #81756 of 11766812/11/12 at 6:20ampost #81757 of 11766812/11/12 at 6:54amQuote:
i always assume that when people say that, they mean that the nice guys never bed the sluttyhawthoes in clubs and bars. the douche bags always seem to get those chicks. but i think in the long run, quality girls do look for quality gents. just my opinion, as a guy who has never gone to a club, or even to a bar for more than a hour or so to grab a drink with a buddy.
always a winnah.Quote:
well, good luck with that.post #81758 of 11766812/11/12 at 7:20ampost #81759 of 11766812/11/12 at 8:17ampost #81760 of 11766812/11/12 at 8:49ampost #81761 of 11766812/11/12 at 9:00ampost #81762 of 11766812/11/12 at 9:09amQuote:
Agreed. It's not like girls don't want you to give them flowers or surprise them with an unexpected date. Hell, guys love that stuff too. Not flowers but I am sure every guy here would be pretty happy if they got an unexpected gift from their gal that was well thought out. The issue is that a lot of nice guys aren't really nice but are just really wishy washy. Not saying that you necessarily fall into that camp CDH. But just imagine dating every charecter michael cera has ever been.
If you want the stereotyped "hot+dumb" chick, you have to probably be the stereotype of a "dumb hot" dude (most of the time). Which I guess is fine if you just want to hook up. But if you are trying to date someone then you can't try to suppress the "niceness". What you need to do is be confident at the same time. I think that people (girls and guys) want to date driven motivated people. Some people (guys and girls) get that confused for cocky and douchey. But chances are you will have more fun with that douchey juvenile person than the nice guy. And for many people out of college who are just getting started on adult hood and looking back at college and the fun they had, that fun > maturity.
But best advice right here:post #81763 of 11766812/11/12 at 9:18ampost #81764 of 11766812/11/12 at 10:07am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
Currently, there are 1440 Active Users (289 Members and 1151 Guests)
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 22 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 46 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 3 minutes ago
- › Is it appropriate to try on high-end clothes without any intentions... 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 11 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 12 minutes ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 14 minutes ago
- › MOMA BOOTS. Made in Italy. Dark brown. 15 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...