Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/19/15 at 4:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5417
Styleforum Top Pickspost #81242 of 11766812/5/12 at 4:41pmpost #81243 of 11766812/5/12 at 4:46pmpost #81244 of 11766812/5/12 at 4:50pmpost #81245 of 11766812/5/12 at 5:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by KingJulien
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I am so broke but this makes me want a pair of pony hair derbys so badly
Also, jet is going to be so mad if the next waywt detour is about anime (and I am totally cool with that)post #81246 of 11766812/5/12 at 5:24pmpost #81247 of 11766812/5/12 at 5:31pmpost #81248 of 11766812/5/12 at 5:34pmpost #81249 of 11766812/5/12 at 5:44pmpost #81250 of 11766812/5/12 at 5:44pm
I'm perpetually guilty of this and suffer for it, but Bene you would get much better feedback if you:
a) Mulled a lot on what could be improved between each fit. Don't stop taking photos, just sit down and look at them yourself, compare to stuff you've liked, figure out what is and isn't working, and post when you think you have something good
b) Take photos in better light and properly postprocess them so people can pick out details and not just see the general silhouette.post #81251 of 11766812/5/12 at 5:47pmThis sounds really lame, but it's helpful: make a Pinterest or Tumblr to keep track of styles that you liked. Search for common threads. Think of how you can apply them to yourself.
I think you'd like this blog: http://styleinsp.tumblr.com/post #81252 of 11766812/5/12 at 5:47pmpost #81253 of 11766812/5/12 at 5:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by brad-t
This sounds really lame, but it's helpful: make a Pinterest or Tumblr to keep track of styles that you liked. Search for common threads. Think of how you can apply them to yourself.
I think you'd like this blog: http://styleinsp.tumblr.com/
I have one and I have been. I post here to get feedback. There is a lot of stuff I am comfortable with wearing that I have gotten good feedback on and I know what to do in that direction. But I also like to try and test stuff and learn from feedback how to do it better. It really is true that often you just can't see what is not so great with a fit, and need some people with more perspective to really redirect you.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Its actually pretty much the people wearing yohji one
And to uw, I thought this fit was good
Maybe photo quality was crap but I thought it was a pretty simple but well put together fit (except maybe the shoes, but I am working on improving that. I just have very slow cash flow and have to prioritize rare pieces)
Edited by Benesyed - 12/5/12 at 6:04pmpost #81254 of 11766812/5/12 at 6:10pmThread Starter
Random health & exercise thoughts thread --->Quote:
I know, I know. But I'm at the point where I already know more or less if a fit good or not, regardless of how the picture comes out. It's become just kind of a posterity thing.post #81255 of 11766812/5/12 at 6:12pmYour nice guy schtick is wearing down fast TBH with your multiple posts on WAYWT, and you are abusing the kindness inside the Yohji thread.
Your outfits do not look too different day to day, so, when you are trying to get feedback it comes off to me at least of more of "hey look at me, i'm contributing". I get it that you're new so all this is exciting but be more discrete about your enthusiasm.
And it seems more like "Hey, I got this item from 'X' years ago and just trying to see if it still fits/blends with my current outfits", which IMO though brave yields little amusement from viewers end. I frankly do not care because it seems like recycled outfits of the same thing. Exact. Same. Thing.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › Hall of Shame - eBay Listing Bloopers, What NOT to do 2 minutes ago
- › CHALLENGE: SW&D does "Traditional" DEADLINE JULY 12, 2015 2 minutes ago
- › JAN-JAN VAN ESSCHE 3 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 5 minutes ago
- › Old shoes, new blisters. 6 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...