bows isn't the only one. for some reason I had you pegged for being in SF, guess not
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/26/15 at 3:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5409post #81121 of 11766812/4/12 at 4:10pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #81122 of 11766812/4/12 at 4:15pmpost #81123 of 11766812/4/12 at 4:15pmpost #81124 of 11766812/4/12 at 4:16pmpost #81125 of 11766812/4/12 at 4:21pmpost #81126 of 11766812/4/12 at 4:22pmTalking about bagels, 4est, you should grab a dozen fresh ones at the " beigel shop" at the north end of Brick Lane (the one with the white and blue sign, not the red one next door). Not a sexy place but awesomely chewy goodness. Also get one w cream cheese and salmon just for kicks. £ 1.40 each - no I'm not kidding.post #81127 of 11766812/4/12 at 4:22pmpost #81128 of 11766812/4/12 at 4:29pmpost #81129 of 11766812/4/12 at 4:33pmpost #81130 of 11766812/4/12 at 4:36pmpost #81131 of 11766812/4/12 at 4:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by gdl203
Talking about bagels, 4est, you should grab a dozen fresh ones at the " beigel shop" at the north end of Brick Lane (the one with the white and blue sign, not the red one next door). Not a sexy place but awesomely chewy goodness. Also get one w cream cheese and salmon just for kicks. £ 1.40 each - no I'm not kidding.
Awesome, good to hear, I'll pick some up for the office. I know exactly what place you're talking about too, because someone used it as a landmark to show me where an ATM was on Sunday. My London friends back in New York all told me you can't get good bagels here so I just dismissed it despite the huge line, but now I'll give it a shot.
Very close by is a little Paraguayan bakery called Morena that I was incredibly impressed by. Some seriously authentic Yerba Mate too, better than anything I've found in New York. And their desserts were great as well. The sort of stuff you can tell is made with love by somebody that just recently opened up a shop because baking was their passion so it's still small time. you know that vibe I'm talking about.
Tonight I had a really good meal at a place called Dishoom but I won't go blabbing about that because I know how that goes around here..
Have you been in Hostem or Present yet? Checked out both tonight and was very disappointed by Present, but Hostem has some great stuff even if it's not all my thing.post #81132 of 11766812/4/12 at 4:37pmMaybe now that the thumbs-comments are gone I can start acting like a real member and post fits. Maybe now I can contribute to discussions beyond 100-character slang-driven hidden comments. Maybe this isn't just an end, but also a new beginning. Maybe now I am free.post #81133 of 11766812/4/12 at 4:40pm
No, but I've never met GDL and can only go by what he buys / what he posts that he does / fit pics with a blurry face and what I can make out of in the background. He just seems like he "gets" it and that's why I made the NYC assumption.
Would all of this be turned upside down if I ever met him?post #81134 of 11766812/4/12 at 4:43pm
Yeah Present london is really crap
Liberty's has a great, great selection of menswear though, also visit couverture & the garbstore, sehkelly workshop (pretty close to shoreditch), anthem store, and eat all the food in chinatown
Great exhibition on at the Tate Modern too, also the rain room at the barbican is incredible.post #81135 of 11766812/4/12 at 4:47pm4est - newyorkers (for the most part) wouldn't know what a good bagel is if it hit them in the face. It's a lost tradition there, what with inflated size and breadiness... I'll go on record and say that the brick lane beigels are far better, particularly when you get a fresh batch, and even more when you're drunk at 4am and waited 15 mins in line with all the other guys who crave a brick lane bagel after drinking... They're still made in the old fashion way, are smaller and really chewy. Don't expect an everything granola bagel there though and bring your own toaster if you want it toasted!
I went to Hostem (agree, great place, but 0.3% of the clothes are not black or charcoal...), Anthem (very interesting assortment of brands, small shop) and Present (way too much unexciting US brands there for me, but exceptionally nice staff, great f'ing espresso and I got to try a grail Cabourn jacket)
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Viberg Boots 43 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 49 seconds ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 51 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 57 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...