or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5380

post #80686 of 115733
As for underground, Living Legends all day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvJ6rilpkwk&list=FLteQEWw9L_Do6kjvy_t5cag&index=27&feature=plpp_video
post #80687 of 115733
what the fuck
post #80688 of 115733

Since this is music/hiphop discussion now:

 

8-12 years old: Bomfunk MC's, some Wu-Tang (best friends brother was a Wu fanatic), Linkin Park and some other bad stuff

12-14: Metallica, and various artists featured in skate films

14-16: Hiphop, mostly Wu, Gangstarr, Nas, Biggie

16-18: Jedi Mind Tricks, more Wu, found the UK scene - transitioned into cheezy electrohouse when I started partying to later on be full on Grime kid

18-19: Dubstep (DMZ, early Skream & Benga, basically the good stuff before it turned shit)

19-onwards: Mostly raw techno (Berlin, Birmingham & Bristol scene) & some good dubstep, house and hiphop. Found out I actually dig RnB despite refusing it for my whole life

post #80689 of 115733
Bomfunk MC's! biggrin.gif

My first record ever was The Beatles' Blue Double. Got it as a Christmas gift when I was 9. For a long time they were my favorite band. Most of the music I listened to was influenced by my family. I always listened to some old stuff I had got as gifts, The Police, Sting, some old Finnish bands. Slowly I started finding more music on my own. Firstly just the basic popular modern rock bands, Linkin Park, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, Oasis. All this stuff I still listen to nowadays. With my piano background, I've always found piano based pop/rock kinda cool. At some point I found some new old stuff to listen to - Billy Joel, Jimi Hendrix, The Who, Led Zeppelin. My taste has basically never changed, it has just broadened. I still listen to all this classic rock, but I've also found a love for indie music, firstly through Arctic Monkeys, The Killers, and such bigger successes. Lately I've been trying to get more into jazzy stuff too, mainly through Jamie Cullum, as it's kind of an easy transition. Ben Folds has quickly become one of my absolute favorites as I've started to listen to him. Then there's your hip-hop, Kanye, Lupe, Eminem, Jay-Z... I've also always appreciated bluesy rock'n'roll, a'la Jack White. Loving Black Keys's stuff, and found their old project Blakroc, which is an album they made with different rappers (RZA, Raekwon...). Then there's the more electrical dance stuff that I like to listen to occasionally, and even some radio pop tunes I can like for a while. I've never really liked RnB, but Frank Ocean's album is one of my recent favorites.

There's not quite a feeling than finding some previously released music you've never heard, and discovering you absolutely love it. On one hand you kinda feel like you've missed out as you're so late to it, but it's still awesome you found it now.
post #80690 of 115733

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
milsurp cap / beams fleece cardigan / inis meain sweater / gitman vtg shirt / J crew cords / New Balances
post #80691 of 115733
I like that rap-talk was started because of Joy Division.
post #80692 of 115733
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewho13 View Post

I like that rap-talk was started because of Joy Division.

Haha whoops
post #80693 of 115733
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

Pusha T is killin it right now. I will happily say best rapper alive. Fuck Kendrick.

this is a joke right? Pusha hasn't been good in a minute. Don't post examples to prove your point; I don't care.
post #80694 of 115733
Quote:
Originally Posted by bows1 View Post

this is a joke right? Pusha hasn't been good in a minute. Don't post examples to prove your point; I don't care.

uhoh.gifuhoh.gifuhoh.gifuhoh.gifuhoh.gifuhoh.gif




And I thought it couldn't get worse than cars.
post #80695 of 115733
this may be out of line because i don't post too often but can you guys shut the fuck up with this entry hip-hop shit and go back to posting fits?
post #80696 of 115733

'Preme Beanie.
Ervell x2.
Uniqlo x2.
Vans.

post #80697 of 115733
Quote:

jet
"thought you wuz colabear for a hot sec"

BRB stress eating
post #80698 of 115733
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozah View Post

My first "baller" purchase when I was in grade 10 lol.
edit: I threw them in the garbage along with all my jordans when I moved cross country.
because you said you liked mf doom and those shoes are mf doom x nike
post #80699 of 115733
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

New Balances kind of make everything else feel accidental.
post #80700 of 115733
x-post from the slutty t-shirts thread:


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
OV
Alt A (no vis)
W+H
CP (barely vis)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread