Is it blasphemous that my favorite Brother Ali track is a mashup?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5379post #80671 of 11766611/28/12 at 10:37pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #80672 of 11766611/28/12 at 10:41pmpost #80673 of 11766611/28/12 at 11:25pmpost #80674 of 11766611/28/12 at 11:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Eason
Wow. $14.50 for a custom dress shirt. What material? That's a steal. I would love to get some of that.post #80675 of 11766611/28/12 at 11:53pmpost #80676 of 11766611/29/12 at 4:03ampost #80677 of 11766611/29/12 at 4:05amWith all this rap talk going on, I was wondering if you guys have seen Something from Nothing - The Art of Rap. It's a documentary about movie, made by Ice-T. Travels across the country to interview most famous rappers, talking about their history, technique, influences. Really cool.post #80678 of 11766611/29/12 at 4:15amAs for underground, Living Legends all day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvJ6rilpkwk&list=FLteQEWw9L_Do6kjvy_t5cag&index=27&feature=plpp_videopost #80679 of 11766611/29/12 at 4:35ampost #80680 of 11766611/29/12 at 4:49am
Since this is music/hiphop discussion now:
8-12 years old: Bomfunk MC's, some Wu-Tang (best friends brother was a Wu fanatic), Linkin Park and some other bad stuff
12-14: Metallica, and various artists featured in skate films
14-16: Hiphop, mostly Wu, Gangstarr, Nas, Biggie
16-18: Jedi Mind Tricks, more Wu, found the UK scene - transitioned into cheezy electrohouse when I started partying to later on be full on Grime kid
18-19: Dubstep (DMZ, early Skream & Benga, basically the good stuff before it turned shit)
19-onwards: Mostly raw techno (Berlin, Birmingham & Bristol scene) & some good dubstep, house and hiphop. Found out I actually dig RnB despite refusing it for my whole lifepost #80681 of 11766611/29/12 at 5:07amBomfunk MC's!
My first record ever was The Beatles' Blue Double. Got it as a Christmas gift when I was 9. For a long time they were my favorite band. Most of the music I listened to was influenced by my family. I always listened to some old stuff I had got as gifts, The Police, Sting, some old Finnish bands. Slowly I started finding more music on my own. Firstly just the basic popular modern rock bands, Linkin Park, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, Oasis. All this stuff I still listen to nowadays. With my piano background, I've always found piano based pop/rock kinda cool. At some point I found some new old stuff to listen to - Billy Joel, Jimi Hendrix, The Who, Led Zeppelin. My taste has basically never changed, it has just broadened. I still listen to all this classic rock, but I've also found a love for indie music, firstly through Arctic Monkeys, The Killers, and such bigger successes. Lately I've been trying to get more into jazzy stuff too, mainly through Jamie Cullum, as it's kind of an easy transition. Ben Folds has quickly become one of my absolute favorites as I've started to listen to him. Then there's your hip-hop, Kanye, Lupe, Eminem, Jay-Z... I've also always appreciated bluesy rock'n'roll, a'la Jack White. Loving Black Keys's stuff, and found their old project Blakroc, which is an album they made with different rappers (RZA, Raekwon...). Then there's the more electrical dance stuff that I like to listen to occasionally, and even some radio pop tunes I can like for a while. I've never really liked RnB, but Frank Ocean's album is one of my recent favorites.
There's not quite a feeling than finding some previously released music you've never heard, and discovering you absolutely love it. On one hand you kinda feel like you've missed out as you're so late to it, but it's still awesome you found it now.post #80682 of 11766611/29/12 at 6:05ampost #80683 of 11766611/29/12 at 7:44ampost #80684 of 11766611/29/12 at 7:59ampost #80685 of 11766611/29/12 at 8:00am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 6 minutes ago
- › Random Food Questions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Buday Shoes - Hungarian Shoemaker 6 minutes ago
- › Antiques, antiques auctions, recent purchases and discussion 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...