or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5352  

post #80266 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptual 4est View Post

It's one of those purchases that I really liked the idea of but I'm having more trouble integrating in than I thought.  It leads to "I just need [x] other thing to make it look good" which I don't really like..

I'm just trying to avoid wearing it in a way that is like "hey boring outfit but WOW wacky jacket"

this is a problem I have with a lot of my clothes.
Edited by hendrix - 11/21/12 at 11:09am
post #80267 of 117670
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptual 4est View Post

yeah somewhat new but I haven't worn it much, still really sure what to do with it.  It's one of those purchases that I really liked the idea of but I'm having more trouble integrating in than I thought.  It leads to "I just need [x] other thing to make it look good" which I don't really like..

I prefer to work new things in with what I have but this one is difficult.

I like the idea of a cool overcoat over it like the above presentation shot.  I like the idea of it with some black derbies a la the Raf ones, etc.

I'm just trying to avoid wearing it in a way that is like "hey boring outfit but WOW wacky jacket"

Its really hard when you see something awesome but you know it wont work for you/with your wardrobe/with your new direction. Just need to have the self retraint to say no. Sucks much more when it doesn't get the lover and wear it should. From how the runway stuff was for PL I feel like its very different from the vibe I get from your fit pics.

With that being said, I think you can probably make that piece work for you!
Edited by Benesyed - 11/21/12 at 11:15am
post #80268 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptual 4est View Post

yeah somewhat new but I haven't worn it much, still really sure what to do with it.  It's one of those purchases that I really liked the idea of but I'm having more trouble integrating in than I thought.  It leads to "I just need [x] other thing to make it look good" which I don't really like..

I prefer to work new things in with what I have but this one is difficult.

I like the idea of a cool overcoat over it like the above presentation shot.  I like the idea of it with some black derbies a la the Raf ones, etc.

I'm just trying to avoid wearing it in a way that is like "hey boring outfit but WOW wacky jacket"

I think it's cool. I like how you worked it into the fit you posted. But I think the bolded bit above tells quite a lot. If you're confident that it has a place in your wardrobe—and if you think that it won't drag you down a weird+expensive+unpleasant path of "oh now I just need this!"—then definitely keep it. But if you're worried about that, then is it worth the work? I'm sure you'll figure it out.
post #80269 of 117670
trying out new down anorak. Wore it last night, felt awesome...will probably get too warm today to keep it on though.



post #80270 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesyed View Post

Its really hard when you see something awesome but you know it wont work for you/with your wardrobe/with your new direction. Just need to have the self retraint to say no. Sucks much more when it doesn't get the lover and wear it should. From how the runway stuff was for PL I feel like its very different from the vibe I get from your fit pics.
With that being said, I think you can probably make that piece work for you!

I don't have that piece, I was just saying in general.

Brad's girlfriend over on harajuju posted an outfit a few weeks ago that was awesome. What I found interesting is what she had to say about it:
Quote:
I've owned this ensemble for over a year now, but never wore it for a Haralook because I wanted to style it perfectly

When you have these design pieces that are high impact, it's an effort to put them into a look that, like tween says, doesn't just stand out in a novelty type way; it needs to blend into the outfit and not be the outfit itself. Yeah it'll probably end up being a focal point, but you want it to look interesting, not just loud.

It doesn't make sense to wear these types of pieces in minimalist ways so that they "pop", even though that's that's very tempting. But in their very essence they're going to clash with a lot of other loud stuff. it's a very fine balance you have to make.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewho13 View Post

I think it's cool. I like how you worked it into the fit you posted. But I think the bolded bit above tells quite a lot. If you're confident that it has a place in your wardrobe—and if you think that it won't drag you down a weird+expensive+unpleasant path of "oh now I just need this!"—then definitely keep it. But if you're worried about that, then is it worth the work? I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Challenges are fun though. It takes time but you eventually learn how to wear them, and that process helps you get a better intuition for other interesting pieces.
post #80271 of 117670
How do you even wear a leather jacket and scarf in Sacramento?
post #80272 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpberto View Post

How do you even wear a leather jacket and scarf in Sacramento?

with RRL chinos and one of your 200 pairs of Aldens
post #80273 of 117670
I mean it is late November, in the 50/60s here, actual rain and such.
post #80274 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesyed View Post

I stopped at an eyewear store while mosying around korea and tried on a few glasses. I liked these two the best. Thoughts? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Not really sure why so many people prefer that second pair. The first pair might be more common, but I think they're more flattering on you. Although I'm not sure either are ideal.
post #80275 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by c00kz View Post

I mean it is late November, in the 50/60s here, actual rain and such.

Oh ok yeah I've only been there when its crazy hot during the summer I have a few friends that live in Elk Grove.
post #80276 of 117670
Found them used for 50 bucks. Can I give the frames to a store and have them swap out the lenses for my script?

And does it matter if the version i found are sunglasses technically?
post #80277 of 117670

Excuse the shitty picture, I'm also incredibly untalented with everything camera related.

1000

post #80278 of 117670

Better lightning would really help to give any criticism. Try to up the exposure in upcoming pics.

For the actual fit, I'm not sure on the tucking or the super tapered pants. Top half looks good, but I wouldn't roll up the sleeves like that.

post #80279 of 117670
Kinda cool, but the lighting and your 2 tone shoes make your feet appear 2" wide hahaha
post #80280 of 117670

^^ I think that's mainly due to the camera being at crotch height (I don't have a tripod so I had to improvise), also makes me look like I'm 7'0" compared to the door frame. Will probably take some better pictures with a better camera tomorrow.
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread