or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5337  

post #80041 of 117677
I doubt there's a difference in quality between today's mainline margiela and the H&M collab.

I say this because recent margiela quality is not particularly good, and H&M has the advantage of scale and not having to sell to boutiques. The big margins aren't so necessary.

I like most of the collection, but my problem with it is hyping up something they could've ripped off anyway.
post #80042 of 117677
brand cache to brand whores
post #80043 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipang View Post

HM ones will be sold as real MMMs through the regular channels and vice-versa, ultimate trolling. Consumerism critique. Deconstruction. Anonymity through ubiquitousness.
Margiela.

they didnt have the stitch at the back!! laugh.gif

KOY, i didnt end up buying the boots, just tried them on redface.gif


Toasty, I say go for the blazer. its not bad. buttons are cheap but whatevs.. i like the contrast wool underneath the collar and fit reminded me of a dior homme blazer i once (foolishly) sold.
post #80044 of 117677
but will regis buy h&mxmmm?
post #80045 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

I doubt there's a difference in quality between today's mainline margiela and the H&M collab.
I say this because recent margiela quality is not particularly good, and H&M has the advantage of scale and not having to sell to boutiques. The big margins aren't so necessary.
I like most of the collection, but my problem with it is hyping up something they could've ripped off anyway.

This is just talking about the boots which is the imo best piece but anyway:

It probably wouldn't have been as nice leather (or even real leather at all for that matter), shape might not have been such a perfect copy, and I think that they seem to have found a nice balance between price and quality (the boots are far better than normal hm stuff)
And suddenly just increasing the quality of their clothes as well as the prices with no explanation why probably wouldn't have worked out that good.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanxl View Post


they didnt have the stitch at the back!! laugh.gif
KOY, i didnt end up buying the boots, just tried them on redface.gif
Toasty, I say go for the blazer. its not bad. buttons are cheap but whatevs.. i like the contrast wool underneath the collar and fit reminded me of a dior homme blazer i once (foolishly) sold.

Ah I see, well you seem to agree with me that they look great, so I think you should get them (or the real deal if you can find that "wash") wink.gif

post #80046 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofyoung View Post

This is just talking about the boots which is the imo best piece but anyway:
It probably wouldn't have been as nice leather (or even real leather at all for that matter), shape might not have been such a perfect copy, and I think that they seem to have found a nice balance between price and quality (the boots are far better than normal hm stuff)


Even the nicest Freudenberg calf is not that much more expensive then the cheap stuff. And today's Margiela certainly isn't using anything approaching freudenberg level. Yeah margins make differences, but far greater costs are saved by producing them en masse and selling through their own retail stores.

what's the quality like on COS? It seems to be ripoff designer stuff at reasonable quality and reasonable price point. One could make anything at any price point, you just have to figure out how to sell it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofyoung View Post

And suddenly just increasing the quality of their clothes as well as the prices with no explanation why probably wouldn't have worked out that good.

You're right, it comes down to explaining to the customer or more succinctly, marketing.

The clothes look nice and the quality looks decent and I'm certainly not going to begrudge people who buy the stuff. It's just the fact that it clearly shows the huge influence that marketing has that kinda saddens me.

We're all brand whores in the end though, I should probably get over it.
post #80047 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post


Even the nicest Freudenberg calf is not that much more expensive then the cheap stuff. And today's Margiela certainly isn't using anything approaching freudenberg level. Yeah margins make differences, but far greater costs are saved by producing them en masse and selling through their own retail stores.
what's the quality like on COS? It seems to be ripoff designer stuff at reasonable quality and reasonable price point. One could make anything at any price point, you just have to figure out how to sell it.
You're right, it comes down to explaining to the customer or more succinctly, marketing.
The clothes look nice and the quality looks decent and I'm certainly not going to begrudge people who buy the stuff. It's just the fact that it clearly shows the huge influence that marketing has that kinda saddens me.
We're all brand whores in the end though, I should probably get over it.

 

I don't really disagree with anything you wrote, so I'll just answer your question about COS laugh.gif
Only thing I have by them are those fingerless gloves and those are quite nice, especially at sale-prices, and from what I've read the rest of their collection is kinda mixed. There isn't anything that's plain bad, but some pieces are nicer than others

post #80048 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by glundr View Post


I dunno, to me when i see shirt bottoms peaking out from under a sweater it looks so... express/armani exchange. doubly so in an all black and white fit.

 

Works for me.  Different strokes for different folks.

post #80049 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesyed View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Brands Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
All coming soon
Cole Haan boots

like this a lot, bene. way cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucks View Post

new jacket courtesy of capnwes
just messing around... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
L1LWb.jpg

my beard has met its match.
post #80050 of 117677

yyph wool/cotton suit & uniqlo navy lambswool sweater

(feels like hyena fur not lambswool what kind of effed up animals they shaved to get this)
in search of the autumn harvest (Click to show)










the cap was not worn

post #80051 of 117677
Rainy day in full waterproof gear:

DSC02090.jpg

Deets:

Veilance
Sassafras
Stone Island SP
Converse x Schoeller
Golden Eagle
Edited by habitant - 11/17/12 at 6:13pm
post #80052 of 117677
That is nice suit Shah. Makes me think of the Ervell or the one still for sale at re-porter.
post #80053 of 117677
8194923778_e0a92b12af_z.jpg

8194016101_9cb67c0260_z.jpg

pumpkin pie!
8195112732_4d053f67a4_z.jpg
post #80054 of 117677
shah brah - lookin good.
post #80055 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

That is nice suit Shah. Makes me think of the Ervell or the one still for sale at re-porter.

how does a yyph suit remind you of ervell?!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread