or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5336  

post #80026 of 117668

cool you got the boots snow, and that you weren't completely dissapointed by my "review" on them fing02[1].gif
 

30x30px-ZC-11eaa601_2copy.jpg

artishard116 
"wait, did you get another varsity..."

 

hah no, I've had this jacket for almost 3 years, didn't expect it too work for me this year since I've grown quite a bit this year, but it probably fits better now than it did before laugh.gif

post #80027 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWorksheets View Post

Which H&M is that Snow? Bloor st? I kind of want to go check the stuff out in person, but I was worried all the downtown locations would be crazy. Do they have lots of stuff still in stock?

I would have thought it would only be available at the flagship location (Eaton Centre).
post #80028 of 117668
So far no one has been able to distinguish the 'real' ones from the collabs?
post #80029 of 117668
But does it have the same washed effect Snow likes? (^ zedong)

^TBH no one cares if it is the real or collab. We just nerding it out. Buy what you like.
post #80030 of 117668
at this point probably no distinguishable difference between the regular and collab sup renzo
post #80031 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

at this point probably no distinguishable difference between the regular and collab sup renzo
dis
post #80032 of 117668
Snow, I'll be real honest, the MMM collab jacket looks good and for $130 it is tempting just so I can get my hands on a navy jacket with a lower gorge. Plus, it is not MC but still carries the MMM sw&d vibe. Thank you for posting.

About the boots, well, I have been contemplating picking up 1 more pair of boots in a gray/olive color for awhile and though this season I have seen a few that really meets my expectations I just think about the Guidi boots I have and how I can order a custom pair come Feb. Designer boots are awesome like MMM, AnnD et. al. especially with the side zip freight train running through SF at the moment. However, I think once you get into the artisan brands there is no going back. More so, since zedong mentioned $$$, you can get custom Guidi relatively same price as designers [at retail].
post #80033 of 117668

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgreg View Post

i wish they can do a reproduction of the inverted lapel coat in MMM mainline.

Can't you just try out the h&m one and get that one if you like it?
Both fabric and cut is nice, and obviously it's a lot cheaper than the real deal would be wink.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob View Post

So far no one has been able to distinguish the 'real' ones from the collabs?

 

 

I'm guessing there's probably a difference in leather(though I know some real ones have had really thin leather), but yeah, unless you hold them in your hands or check underneath they look identical

post #80034 of 117668
HM ones will be sold as real MMMs through the regular channels and vice-versa, ultimate trolling. Consumerism critique. Deconstruction. Anonymity through ubiquitousness.

Margiela.
post #80035 of 117668
I doubt there's a difference in quality between today's mainline margiela and the H&M collab.

I say this because recent margiela quality is not particularly good, and H&M has the advantage of scale and not having to sell to boutiques. The big margins aren't so necessary.

I like most of the collection, but my problem with it is hyping up something they could've ripped off anyway.
post #80036 of 117668
brand cache to brand whores
post #80037 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipang View Post

HM ones will be sold as real MMMs through the regular channels and vice-versa, ultimate trolling. Consumerism critique. Deconstruction. Anonymity through ubiquitousness.
Margiela.

they didnt have the stitch at the back!! laugh.gif

KOY, i didnt end up buying the boots, just tried them on redface.gif


Toasty, I say go for the blazer. its not bad. buttons are cheap but whatevs.. i like the contrast wool underneath the collar and fit reminded me of a dior homme blazer i once (foolishly) sold.
post #80038 of 117668
but will regis buy h&mxmmm?
post #80039 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

I doubt there's a difference in quality between today's mainline margiela and the H&M collab.
I say this because recent margiela quality is not particularly good, and H&M has the advantage of scale and not having to sell to boutiques. The big margins aren't so necessary.
I like most of the collection, but my problem with it is hyping up something they could've ripped off anyway.

This is just talking about the boots which is the imo best piece but anyway:

It probably wouldn't have been as nice leather (or even real leather at all for that matter), shape might not have been such a perfect copy, and I think that they seem to have found a nice balance between price and quality (the boots are far better than normal hm stuff)
And suddenly just increasing the quality of their clothes as well as the prices with no explanation why probably wouldn't have worked out that good.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanxl View Post


they didnt have the stitch at the back!! laugh.gif
KOY, i didnt end up buying the boots, just tried them on redface.gif
Toasty, I say go for the blazer. its not bad. buttons are cheap but whatevs.. i like the contrast wool underneath the collar and fit reminded me of a dior homme blazer i once (foolishly) sold.

Ah I see, well you seem to agree with me that they look great, so I think you should get them (or the real deal if you can find that "wash") wink.gif

post #80040 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofyoung View Post

This is just talking about the boots which is the imo best piece but anyway:
It probably wouldn't have been as nice leather (or even real leather at all for that matter), shape might not have been such a perfect copy, and I think that they seem to have found a nice balance between price and quality (the boots are far better than normal hm stuff)


Even the nicest Freudenberg calf is not that much more expensive then the cheap stuff. And today's Margiela certainly isn't using anything approaching freudenberg level. Yeah margins make differences, but far greater costs are saved by producing them en masse and selling through their own retail stores.

what's the quality like on COS? It seems to be ripoff designer stuff at reasonable quality and reasonable price point. One could make anything at any price point, you just have to figure out how to sell it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofyoung View Post

And suddenly just increasing the quality of their clothes as well as the prices with no explanation why probably wouldn't have worked out that good.

You're right, it comes down to explaining to the customer or more succinctly, marketing.

The clothes look nice and the quality looks decent and I'm certainly not going to begrudge people who buy the stuff. It's just the fact that it clearly shows the huge influence that marketing has that kinda saddens me.

We're all brand whores in the end though, I should probably get over it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread