Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: Yesterday
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5326post #79876 of 11766811/15/12 at 11:26am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #79877 of 11766811/15/12 at 2:56pmpost #79878 of 11766811/15/12 at 3:05pmpost #79879 of 11766811/15/12 at 3:14pmQuote:
Oh thats not what I wore out. I got in and toom my shoes and socks off and thendecided to snap a pic but was too lazy to put them back on haha (rokins from before)
Thinking about getting a pair of docs till a nice suede boot presents itselfpost #79880 of 11766811/15/12 at 3:16pmpost #79881 of 11766811/15/12 at 3:18pmglasses will happen!
but after i pay off somethings I already owe/learn how to control my urge to buy discounted yohji goods.
I know you guys really dont like them but I usually take them off until I need them for driving so they arent that huge of a priority for me. Maybe thats wrong of me
Also those glasses in that meme look pretty coolpost #79882 of 11766811/15/12 at 3:33pmpost #79883 of 11766811/15/12 at 3:35pmpost #79884 of 11766811/15/12 at 3:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by melonadejello
fits. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:
I appreciate the insight but seriously this looks like shit to me
This I guess looks alright if it pleases you but I still think it looks too mundane to wear with a red zipper trench
I'm okay with this too but you'd probably feel the same as you do about the tuck
Also, hereby nominate fireflygrave for best "new" poster.
...And NewYorkRanger for most stylish grandma.post #79885 of 11766811/15/12 at 3:54pm
The first picture looks awesome though, and then it just gets worse
Edit: just to expand on my point and not aimlessly bash you, in the untucked version there is this smooth, unbroken line from the tapered, slim jeans down to the toe of the sleek sidezips, which IMO is the appeal of that type of boot. When you roll/tuck it looks a lot sloppier and 'chunkier', for want of a better word, and it breaks the line. It works with less elegant boots, but with sidezips it just doesn't look great, in my opinion.
Edited by slstr - 11/15/12 at 4:50pmpost #79886 of 11766811/15/12 at 4:21pmpost #79887 of 11766811/15/12 at 4:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
cashmere + flannel and my ginger strawberry blonde molester beard.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
lol thats not a beard.
i dont know why, but this really got a good laugh out of me.Quote:
quite the nice digs.
bene, i love you bro, but to me you look like you are wearing pajamas and a robe, with sandals apt for pyramid building. i like your jeans look way better, dont care how shiny they were. no hate.post #79888 of 11766811/15/12 at 4:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by slstr
The first picture looks awesome though, and then it just gets worse
Edit: just to expand on my point and not aimlessly bash you, in the untucked version there is this smooth, unbroken line from the tapered, slim jeans down to the toe of the sleek sidezips, which IMO is the appeal of that type of boot. When you roll/tuck it looks a lot sloppier and 'chunkier', for want of a better word, and it breaks the line I was talking about earlier. It works with less elegant boots, but with sidezips it just doesn't look great, in my opinion.
I think I might agree if
A. My legs weren't so skinny so there wasn't such a "jump" where the boots start
B. I hemmed them so the unrolled one was a smoother transition, shaped more like the rolled onepost #79889 of 11766811/15/12 at 5:05pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 12 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 46 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 51 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF... 2 minutes ago
- › Church's Sahara desert boot US8 (UK7.5) 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition****** 4 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 4 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR... 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...